Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 03:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: CW: 102.8

Height: 5'3"

Red face New 18 year old! (:

Hello, everyone! I am Hannah, and I used to weigh 102 pounds. Sadly, over the year, I have gained 25 pounds from just not exercising and eating plenty of the wrong things, especially around Christmas, where I went up to 119.

I eventually got down to 110/111 around March of this year, but then summer set in and I blossomed up to 127. I got so sick of crying myself to sleep every night that I began running and doing Tae Bo everyday about a month ago, setting myself a calorie limit, and choosing what foods to expend those precious calories on wisely, and now I'm 121.

I'm very comfortable and happy with the foods I'm eating now, and I'd like to eventually get down to 100 lbs, which is a bit underweight, but I have quite a small frame. Keep in mind that I am not a very tall person either, 5'2.5" standing up straight. I just want to be around the weight I was so comfortable with a year ago.

I have had eating problems in the past, and I have been trying very hard to do this the healthy way. Losing these six pounds in the past month has given me a lot of reassurance that I can do it if I stick to it, and it has taught me that weight loss does not occur in two days, but it does occur eventually, so I really hope I can continue this healthy track.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:43 AM   #2  
SoLdIeRs WiFe

Default Hey

Hey girl!

My name is Jamie and i was in the same situation as you. im 20 years old and happily married. i guess i kind of let myself go after finding the man i would spend the rest of my life with. I am 5'3 and have always been a small person. my usual weight is 115-120 and i blossomed to a 150 pounds. i hated looking in the mirror. and since i been on the SBD i have lost 31 pounds and i havent been happier. i found myself again. my husband is currently in iraq and i cant wait to surprise him. you dont have much to lose, so dont stress yourself out, just take it one day at a time. are you following a certain diet? hope to hear from you and your progress..good luck!!

Old 08-16-2005, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: CW: 102.8

Height: 5'3"

Hey, Lil'Peach, you do sound quite similar to me. I have never been formally diagnosed with any eating disorder, but I would definitely say that I have disordered eating. Previously, I had been eating as little as 300 calories per day, and this continued for quite a while, but I'm working toward eating more without feeling bad, and exercising. I'm up to eating 800 calories per day on average now.

Quote:
If there is one thing I've learned, it's that being healthy is very attractive.
This is so true. Feeling healthy makes me feel better as well. I hope you do well in your diet, Lil'Peach!

Jamie, I am not following any particular diet. As I mentioned already, I've had eating problems, so I am really just trying to eat more to establish a normal metabolism and get healthier, but I am also just doing exercise on weekdays. I run in the mornings, cool down and go on a bike ride or do Tae Bo. Later on in the evenings, I will sometimes do light calisthenics while I watch TV or a movie.
Is SBD the South Beach Diet? You are almost at your goal! That must be very exciting, and I'm sure your husband will be weak in the knees to see how wonderful you must look when you surprise him. Good luck with the remaining four pounds!
Closed Thread