Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 12:39 AM   #1  

Default Sleep

I have back problems. I am on a boat load of meds. The ones that are suppose to help me sleep keep me up. I am really needing some help. Does anyone know anything to help me to sleep that will not mess up my meds. I cannot take tylenol pm or anything because of the mg of tylenol in my pain meds etc. I really really need help sleeping! PLEASE give me any opinions that you think might help. I am up for anything. ( literally I am up all hours) The Dr recently told me to start ww. He wants me to lose some weight before my surgery. He said my change of diet may help me sleep, but it has not. I am so exhausted!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:08 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

It takes some time for a change of diet to take effect on your body. Exercise is also a way to help change your body, and some light stretching/yoga before bed may help you sleep. For my back lately, I have also taken to sleeping with a support belt on.

If all else fails, go to Babies R Us and buy a Snoogle, like I did last night. LOL It's getting more difficult to sleep in the last weeks of pregnancy and my back is killing me. The Snoogle is a full body pillow that wraps your back and keeps it straight and your hips in a neutral position and your legs are separated with it. I had a better night's sleep last night than in the previous nights trying to position 5 pillows around me.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Default Hi

Hi, I can totally relate! I have a bad back too and getting a good nights sleep is a distant memory! I have found that some light exercise in the morning helps me rest better at night. I go for a walk in the morning and do some light stretches and a warm bath at night combined with a heating pad works some. good luck
Closed Thread