Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 08:27 PM   #31  

Fellow Dog Lovers Unite!!! Get that groomer, or whatever they call themselves! I would have no problem talking to him/her.
Similarily, when I crack a tooth in a very nice restaurant, but don't let them know... I know, I know. Why is it when something happens to me, I don't think it is that important; but if something would happen to a family member, (and yes, dogs are our family members!), or friend, I would have no hesitation. I hope the vet can help. Sorry I got all worked up over that, anyway...
Doing well today. I have been packing a nice fruit salad, (I even made it so I know it is all natural), and yogurt for lunch. I exercised already too! I had to take a two minute break for my pup though. I can tell she gets tired when she slows down and looks up at me. She layed on the grass, under a tree in front of a school and got a mini belly rub. What a life!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:42 AM   #32  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Friday everyone! For the most part it sounds like we've all done pretty well this week...hopefully we can carry it over through the weekend!

I'll have to see about maybe making up a CD with some "walking" music and see if that helps. A book on CD is a good idea too, but what I really need is someone to push me out the door! I really do need to make more of an effort to walk every day now that my eating is pretty much under control.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:33 PM   #33  

Default leaving on a jet plane

I am going out of town for 3 weeks. Here are my goals for that time.
Daily 3 mile walk
Lots of water/maybe one soda a week
Make healthy food choices
portion control/ eat half of what I am served

I don't know when I will have an internet connection, but we are taking a lap top. I will check in when I can
Old 08-28-2005, 03:01 PM   #34  

Have a great time on your vacation Joyce! Remember to have fun, which I'm sure you will! I think we are all trying to make this a healthy way of life, so we're in it for the long hall!
I indulged myself on Friday, so I tried to do better the rest of the weekend. I feel better, even my clothes feel a little loser. I guess I will see tomorrow when I weigh myself. I think it must be the exercise.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:12 PM   #35  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I had myself all ready to get moving on Friday, but my husband's 90 year old aunt fell Friday evening and I've been at the hospital with her all weekend (she lives alone and doesn't have children so a lot of her care falls on us. She's banged up and very sore, but no broken bones.), so once again exercise has been put on hold. I'm home for the afternoon and I'm going to get some groceries and try and get the grass cut, so pushing the mower around the yard will count towards my exercise this week. I did weigh in today and I am 2 pounds lighter, so the weight is still coming off...of course I've been so busy that I haven't had a lot of time to over eat!

Have a wonderful trip and good luck with your goals Joyce...we'll miss you!
Old 08-29-2005, 07:51 AM   #36  

Height: 5'1"

Good Monday morning every one. A new week has begain and a new chance to make healthy choices. I did ok, not great this weekend. I had to work all weekend and that's always a stress. One of my patients went bad and I came home and ate! I get home too late and i'm too tired to exercise and that is how I handle the stress! BAD, BAd! But today is a new day, a new beginning. Today I will eat healthy and exercise! Hope the rest of you have a good day too! Freda
Old 08-29-2005, 06:19 PM   #37  

I'm with you Freda. Sometimes it sounds like AA or something, but we, at least I, have to treat each day as a new start. If we take care of the present, hopefully the tomorrows will become easier to deal with.
SuzyMc, sorry to hear about your Aunt. Thank goodness she has you to count on. Great going on the weight loss!
I watched Oprah after school today. Good show! It was about healthy things in your diet, and vitamins. Gave me a lot of information, and motivation, which I can always use!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:52 PM   #38  

Hello my 3FC buddies, I am home and ready to get on track. I had a great time celebrating a 50th birthday with my twin sister, celebrating 31 year of marriage with DH. I got to love and cuddle on a great niece, whose twin brother is still in ICU. The goals I set for myself didn't help me lose any weight, I stayed the same. So maybe I built some muscle with all the walking and stair climbing. I have just in the last couple of months started having anxiety attacks when I am feeling confined, like in a taxi, on a bus, in the elevator. I had gone to the doctor about it in between trips and got some xanax. It really helped, but I am so glad to me home.
SuzyMc, sorry to hear about DH's your aunt. She is lucky to have you around.
So how is every one doing?
Closed Thread