Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 08:44 PM   #1  

Default Newbie here. PCOS sucks to lose weight!

I was diagnosed with PCOS almost 4 years ago. before my symptoms started, I was 118 lbs and a size 3/5
Now, after 10 years I am 100 lbs heavier and a size 20

Insulin resistance makes it very hard to lose weight, and I am not on glucophage to treat it. My goal is to get to 150. I plan on eating more whole foods and starting walk away the pounds and the coolrunnings program.

I have 6 children, the oldest is 10 and the youngest is 14 months old. I am still breastfeeding the youngest as well.

Not sure what else to say! LOL but I hope to get to konw a lot of you.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:34 AM   #2  

Default Chatty Anna--Getting to Know You.

First of all, congratulations on your six children! I imagine that you are pretty busy. The thought of going through one of your days leaves me exhausted. How do you do it?

Having PCOS can and usually is physically very painful. I don't have it, but my twin sister does. I'm the lucky one and just got stuck with the diabetes. Last May started taking insulin injections for my diabetes, I immediately saw a weightloss result. This was last year that I found out then that I had had Diabetes I for most of my life without my knowledge. This explains a lot of my symptoms of lethargy, extreme thirst, and dizziness. My weightloss was 37 pounds. I have maintained the weightloss for a year (May 04 -May 05). I have not lost anything else. I'm wondering if the difficultly of losing the weight is the insulin?

I too, am going to start with the Walk-Away-The-Pounds system to get the weightloss ball rolling so to speak. I hate walking around the neighborhood in a circle and seeing everyone and doing the smile and wave every time I go by.

I usually end up walking the loop five times to get my two miles in. Call me crazy and unsocialable. With WATP, I am hoping to be comforted by the fact that I can wear my ridiculously holey t-shirt and not have to be on a social level with anyone. It would be great to know and connect with how you do at WATP.

Let's keep in touch.

--Anna
Closed Thread