Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #1  

Smile New Here

Hi my name is Theresa I am new here, Im 37 years old and I live in Tn. Im just starting my weight loss journey and would love to find a buddy to do it with. I just recently joined Worlds Gym and hired a personal trainer and I must say I love it. I have 85 pounds to lose by April because that is when we are going on our cruise. I have always been heavy but decided I dont want to be like this anymore. I too want to wear the cute clothes and look cute in them also. :lol but anyway if anyone is looking for a buddy I am too!
Old 08-07-2005, 09:30 PM   #2  
milf in training

hey theresa!!

i need a buddy too. im 26 and live in ky. im a server, fulltime student, and fulltime mommy to a beautiful 4 year old boy. (always my baby)

ill kinda give you a run down of whats going on with me.
i have been heavy my entire life not horrible as a kid, but as an adult...ugh. after a had my little boy i weighed 200. while i was nursing i gained an additional 20 lbs.at 22 years old i weighed 220 and was wearing a size 22. i took all kinds of diet pills (that really messed with my mind) and took alot of the weight off. when i realized what a horrible emotional state i was in i started eating again nixed the diet pills and gained alot of weight back. i was up and down over the past several years, but i started dieting again (legitimately) at the beginning of this summer. (im getting married again next october and i dont wanna look like a in a pretty dress)

i went to the gym five days last week. (i got a free trial membership) when i actually join i will get two sessions with a personal trainer who will help me figure out the best workout regimen for me. i feel better about that already, and they also offer a twelve week program kick butt weight loss program that is of course its $399. i hope that i wont have to do that , but if push comes to shove its there.

as far as nutrition i started out just eating as little as i could stand. i lost weight that way, but i was starving. then, i started counting calories only. i havent seen any results at all since i started that. so, tomorrow morning im starting weight watchers. im so excited and a little nervous about it, but i know i can do this!!

ttfn,
blue
Old 08-07-2005, 09:36 PM   #3  
milf in training

we can be buddies too. what are you doing to lose weight? diet? exercise?
Old 08-07-2005, 10:46 PM   #4  

Smile

I just signed up and would love to have a support buddy. I need a support buddy. I'm 28-live in Tn-stay at home mom and student. My youngest starts kindergarten this week and with that I am hoping to take back a bit of my life. I am 5'8 and weigh 231. I have never weighed that much in my life! It is quite depressing!!! I have just not been able to take off the weight that I gained with my 5 year old. Ya think 5 years would have done. I did another online diet for awhile-not sure if I;m allowed to say which one-but it worked and I met a lot of good friends but I got off track and couldn't justify paying for it and I was mainly using it for the message board. So if anyone wants to team up let me know. I can use all the help I can get.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:29 AM   #5  
merandmalmom

Default Hi guys!

I am new here too. I turned 31 about 2 weeks ago. When I turned 30, this was the year I was going to lose all that weight. Well, it's still here. I was going to a gym and I actually enjoy it but I haven't been in a while. I tend to blame my busy life but I can't lie and I should have been able to fit it in. I'd like to have some ladies to discuss the trials and tribulations of making that change over to a healthy lifestyle. If I can't do it for myself, I have to do it for my family!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:40 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone!! I will be your partner, I really need all the help I can get. Where in Ky are you hail?? Im not far from Ky. I also joined world gym and I have a personal trainer 1 time a week but we are fixin to go 3 times a week. he gave me a plan to follow to lose the weight and I just started 8/6/05 and I have lose 6 pounds its a very bland boring diet but it works and thats all im wanting right now is for something to work. I joined LA weightloss and weight watchers which never seemed to work for me all the the LA did but at that time I guess I didnt want it as much as I do now. I wont pay all that money to go back now because Im sure that just staying with the gym It will work and stay off. I too have been heavy my whole life my lowest point was 160 when I was 20 years old. that us where Im trying to get back to. WE are going on a cruise in April and I really need to get moving. I been married for 16 years and have 4 kids my oldest being 20 and my youngest being 3. Im so excited about having a buddy to do this with and share my ups and downs.
Closed Thread