Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 09:47 PM   #1  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

Default New to 3fc, I hope I'm in the right place!

Hi there! I think this is the right place for introductions.

My name is Erin, and I'm 27 years old. I live in Florida. I have 3 children.

I currently weigh 225, and would like to get down to 150.

Right now, that seems a little more than impossible.

I'm not new to being overweight, though I didn't grow up that way.

I am also not new to dieting...a few years ago, I lost 50 pounds on a diet similar to the physicians diet or herbalife, if anyone has heard of it. (I actually went through Metabolic Research Center - but, the diets are very similar)

When I became pregnant with my most recent child, I gained a whopping 75 pounds! Unbelievable! I did manage to lose alot of it, only to gain it back after the hurricanes last year. Now, I've gained even more weight.

So...here I am. In desperation, here I am. I am thinking of joining Weight Watchers on Thursday, but feel sorta programmed a different way after playing around on Atkins and the Curves diet....

Anyone have any input towards the whole WW diet??

Thanks in advance for your welcome, and your help!
Old 08-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #2  
SBKYMOM

Default Welcome!

I wanted to answer you. It's an awful feeling when no one replies. Trust me, I know. I've had no replies to my posts for some reason...I'm on day 5 of South Beach Phase I. I have tried W.W. and lost at first, but really got tired of counting points, looking them up in the books, etc. I think it's a good plan for some ppl., but I don't have time for it and the meetings. That's why after a year of wondering what to do and wanting to stay away from diet drugs, I am trying the South Beach Diet. I've had friends lose massive weight on Atkins, but I think it's too severe. S.B. seems like a smart way to eat - good carbs vs. bad carbs - not just low carb. So, it's what you are comfortable with and what you see results with. It's too early for me in this plan to see much results, but I feel better already, and I know I'm eating smarter! Hope this helps.
Sheree'
Old 08-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #3  
I CAN do this!

Hi Erin! Welcome to 3FC! This place is wonderfully motivating, and it's almost gaurenteed that there is someone here who is in your very similar situation! This place has been a wonderful help to me so far, and reading the stories in the maintenance board really inspires me to stick to it and then keep it off!

I'm sure you'll find just where you fit here and enjoy it bunches!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:46 PM   #4  
Haley

It is not impossible! I started in June at 223 and am down to 207 now.

I was on weight watchers for a while, I always lost weight but would stop going and gain it back. I found that sticking to my own plan was the best way to keep myself accountable. The only thing I miss about weight watchers is I loved being recognized for the weight I had lost and sharing ideas with people who were trying to do the same thing I was. If you go to weight watchers, make sure you do not skip a week, even if you feel like you have gained, it's a good way to keep yourself accountable and to stay on track.

Good luck! If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #5  
Workin' hard!

minirunner - thanks for answering. It is a tad awkward when no one answers, so I appreciate it. I'd love to know how the SB diet works out for you. I looked at it, but I think I need something a little more controlled, personally.

LegallyBrunette - This board does seem pretty great - It's HUGE, so I've only scratched the surface. I hang out on a great Disney board, and everyone there is so sweet. It's great to find another board where everyone is so nice and there is no flaming. I can tell that there is a true spirit of support here. I can't wait to find my place.

Haley - you're an inspiration - it's so great to know that it can be done - it honestly seems impossible right now. I look forward to joining WW tomorrow, at least to get a start in the right direction.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:54 AM   #6  
Workin' hard!

I joined WW today. I"m so excited - I think this is going to be great!
Closed Thread