Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 06:37 PM   #61  
Vanessa

Red face

OK I will get some measurements later

Oh.....and we have a 40 ft. camper w/ air and all the goodies ( toilet, shower, t.v.) so camping.........isn't really camping!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 09:29 PM   #62  
TreeHugger

Oh, now see I would totally do that, but my boyfriend sais that's not camping. He likes to go off the beaten path. Someday I'll convince him to get a camper like that. We have looked at them, but they cost about as much as our house (that's being built) costs! You're lucky!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:34 PM   #63  
Vanessa

Red face

It really wasnt that bad of a deal. The camper is only a 99 and has all hardwood floors and an oak entertainment center, washer and dryer. It was only 19,000.But it's also a "family" camper. Between me and Adam, my parents and my sister, we all make the payments together. We have a permanent site on about 800 acres of land that costs $600 a year. This includes water and elec. There are only like 20 people who camp on this land so.......it's real remote!! There's private lakes etc. Lots of wild life ( deer, bear, coyotes and wolves).....We just love it!!!If your a city girl like me......A camper like ours is the way to go. All it's missing is a dishwasher. But we can arrange that!!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 11:24 AM   #64  

hi every one!
wow...camping...that sounds like fun...!!! ahhhh we hardly ever go out any where (lol) . out of 4 , 2 of my siblings r in london(uk), 3rd = married...and me = at home with parents ( i know how boring! but that is how it is here, we esecially girls are not allowed to live indepently on our own)
i know mom is on atkins but wat kinda diet r u following vinny n autumn?
im basically on a low cal diet where i try to have more of lean protein n veggies but im trying to control my portion size.
i too want to take my measurements but i'm kinda scared.... hehehehe
hope every one is ok!
Old 08-03-2005, 07:22 PM   #65  
Vanessa

Wink

Hey Farukh!!
The diet I do is 1655 calories a day. I eat whatever I want..........but have to stay at or less then 1655. I have been doing good and have been only consuming 1300 or less a day. Today I had:

Coffee w/ cream - 100 cal.
Yogurt- 80 cal.
Low-Cal meal ( Chicken w/Floretine sauce) - 270 cal.
Large Classen Pickle- 5 cal.
3 jolly ranchers- 70 cal.
1 tootsie roll- 24 cal.
Chinese dinner- 610 cal.

The low cal meals I buy are by Michelana's (sp?). They are low-carb and low cal and also work with weight watchers. They are $.94 @ Wal-Mart. I don't know if you guys have Wal-Mart there in Pakistan????? But anyways, they have lots of varieties and it's like $5 for a weeks worth of lunch. They are really good and I feel full after eating one.

I workout at the gym 3 nights a week for 1 hour. 28 minutes on an eliptical machine and 32 minutes of weight traing alternating arms and legs. The other days I walk, run, bike for 30 minutes and do a pilates routine.

I haven't done my measurements yet but I"ll get those in soon.

GIRLS- HOW BOUT WE CHOOSE A DATE, ONCE A MONTH, TO SUBMIT OUR WEIGHT AND MEASUREMENTS?? LIKE THE 15TH?? WE CAN HAVE THAT BE OUT OFFICIAL WEIGH IN DAY. LET ME KNOW!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 12:17 AM   #66  

gr8 idea...im in! ill check my weight and do my measurements on the 15th !!!
n no we dont have walmart here n its extremly difficuilt to find any low cal stuff here...all we get is skimmed milk n artificial sweetner(THANK GOD we have that atleast) so i cook my own low cal meals .
Old 08-04-2005, 11:16 AM   #67  
TreeHugger

COunt me in for the 15th weigh in. Does anyone want to do the before and after pics? If so, help me think of a name for the file. If not, let me know, and I'll just name it Autumn26.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:32 PM   #68  
TreeHugger

Van-
That is an awsome deal on your 40'. New, thoes go for about $200,000.000 here. Where do you live again?

Farkuh-
Sometimes I wish I could move back home with my mom & dad. It is funny how women are percieved. With all the strenght we are given, the gift of bringing other humans into the world, we are treated like helpless little kittens. It kinda makes me want to barf. I was watching a movie mith my boyfriend the other night, about 7 women who were trapped on this island with giant spiders eating everyone. All they did was "cat fight" half naked and dripping wet (from frolicking naked in the ocean), and worry about their lipstick! Whatever.

As far as a diet goes, I watch my caloric intake and work out 6 days a week. I rotate days with floor work with weight lifting. I need to get in some cardio, that's the most important. I'm purchasing a treadmil in the next couple of weeks. That will be daily. The key to working out is to mix it up so your body doesn't get used to the same rutien and become conditioned. Once you achieve your ideal body weight, then you can condition. Try and do something different every day, this will also keep you from becoming board with your workouts.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:02 AM   #69  
Vanessa

Autumn-- I live in good ol' Wisconsin.
Things area ALOT cheaper here!!
Even gas. My boyfriend is in CA right now and he said gas is so much more expensive out there then here.

I starteda new job and one of the girls there was a fitness and yoga instructer ofr like 15 yrs. JACKPOT!!!!
She was saying that a BOWFLEX is the best machine to purchase because it rules out every other machine meaning you need no weight, treadmill etc. Does anyone kow how much they are??
Old 08-06-2005, 12:11 AM   #70  

Smile Hey....may I join?

Hey everyone. Well, I have been struggling w/ weight loss for a while now. To tell you a little about me and my fight for a bikini-body (hehe), I am 13 years old. (Going into 8th grade) I know a lot of people on this website are older than me, but I am just so sick of trying to lose weight. I currently weigh 163-170, depending on what time I weigh. I want to get to 140 (at least!!). I feel weird going shopping with my friends who are TINY and can fit in kids' sizes still! I am proud however that over this summer I went down two sizes, from a 17 to a 13. Yay! Haha. I want to lose a lot of weight this year, but I need motivation. I mean, you think it won't hurt to eat those chocolate chip cookies, or eat a couple of Oreos, but in the long run it does... It is really hard to remember that sometimes. Well, I just wanted to tell you a little about myself. I will probably not have a LOT of time to work out this school year, so I want a diet that will help me lose a lot of weight without having to exercise all the time. I mean, I exercise in P.E. every day- usually we run a mile on the track two days a week and play sports like soccer, basketball, tennis, badmitton, volleyball, and football. So anyways....let me know what ya think! Thankies!
Laura
Old 08-06-2005, 12:28 AM   #71  

I am motivated! lOl!
Old 08-06-2005, 02:08 AM   #72  
TreeHugger

Hello Laura-
Of course you can join. Just promise me one thing, keep your focus on your health, not on how you look. I had an eating disorder when I was thirteen, I became verry ill and almost hospitalized. If you can't go to the gym 6 days a week and combine 30 minutes of cardio with some lite to moderate strenght training, then you need to count calories. You can go to this website to find out how many calories you need to cut from your diet: http://www.inch-aweigh.com/dcn.php. Also, you might want to replace meat with soy and bread and pasta with veggies and fruit. (more veggies than fruit) Keep running in P.E. it's great for your heart!

Glad to have you!
Old 08-06-2005, 11:57 AM   #73  

Post Breakfast...

Thanks... Don't worry about me getting an eating disorder! I can't stand the doctor-- I wouldn't do anything to make myself go to one! Haha. Ummm I began SERIOUSLY counting calories this morning. I even measured out a tablespoon of grape jelly to put on my toast.... and switched from drinking milk EVERY morning to drinking water. (Seriously, drinking water at breakfast is a first for me!) Imagine the looks my parents gave me when they saw I was measuring out 8 oz. of water and a tablespoon of jelly. I have to go somewhere in a little while, and my mom ACTUALLY got mad at me for not "keeping it simple"! Haha. My total calorie intake for breakfast:
2 Slices of Toast- 110
Jelly- 100
Water- 0!!! (lOl)
Total= 210
I weighed myself b4 breakfast, and it came to 163. I used to be 168.5 (at the beginning of the summer when I went to the doctor). Yay! So anyways, thanks for letting me join! I look forward to talking to you soon.
*laura*

Last edited by ae_chick92; 08-06-2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:56 PM   #74  

Total calorie intake today: 1468... Oh and I exercised too! I did a workout I found in a magazine called The Kickboxing Routine. It is working pretty well so far.. It really gets my blood runnin'! lOl! TTYL!
*laura*
Old 08-06-2005, 11:06 PM   #75  
Vanessa

Red face

Hey Ae Chick!! Welcome!!
I'm doing the calorie thing too. I can only take in 1655 a day and have been doing great. I cut out soda ( maybe 1 a week) and cut out sweets too. Yesterday I had a candy bar and I think I got a buzz off of it because I've not had sweets in awhile!!!

This website will tell you calories in foods that may not have a label, fast foods etc. love it and use it daily.

http://www.calorie-count.com

Good Luck!!

Oh Ladies I wanted to tell ya!! I bought a BOWFLEX today. It'll be here in 4 weeks so I'll have to let ya know how it works!! It better work well....................it was $1400!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread