Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 10:29 AM   #16  
Vanessa

Hey MomtoNicoleandMatthew and Cadwell125!!!

Nice to meet the both of you!

MomtoNicoleandMatthew: Congratulations on your baby and weight loss.
Cadwell125: Yeah, I don't even shop at Hollister anymore. I use to buy shirts there but I've stopped that.

Autumn and I have just been discussing what's working and not, and what we plan to do.
Daily we'll try to write what our plans for the day are (workout wise) .

Today--Tuesday

28 minutes eliptical machine ( weight loss mode)
32 minutes weight training - arms
15 minute ab routine

Nice talking to everyone!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 10:54 AM   #17  
Me on the Left!! <3

Hey!! Can I join ur group??

My name is Jenny & Im 20 yrs old... I got into an accident about 5 months ago... put on about 15 pounds and then lost only 4... Ive been really lazy!! Not wanting to work out or eat right. Not to mention I have days where I just eat & eat & eat... I dont know why, but whenever I have a problem, eating seems to be my way out... Even though it makes me feel better for like 10 mins.. and then I feel 100x worse because Im such a Fat a$$!!
Prior to the accident, I was trying to lose weight. I was about 148 & I wanted to go down to 125!! I think about it now, and I can remember my senior year of high school.. I was about 140, a size 5.. and I wanted to be thinner!! Sh*t! I wish I was 140 right now!!!!
My younger sis is currently 39 weeks preggy.. due on Thursday. She weighs 135lbs!! Im so jealous!! I wish!!! And its so sad to be jealous of my own sister.. but i cant help it!!
Im currently dating a very wonderful guy named Derrick Im hoping that things will get serious soon (bf/gf serious... ) It just sucks because sometimes I get really self-conscious around him.. He likes to be affectionate (i love affection!!) and sometimes he likes to grab on my stomach jokingly... i think its cute.. i dont mind.. but it makes me feel so fat!!! I want to lose the weight & then he can grab on it all he wants!! lol.. cause by then, there really wont be much to grab on!!
I can relate to you guys about the whole shopping thing!! I go to the mall all the time & I leave there empty-handed with tears on my face!! And then I become depressed & start eating like a fat pig again!! Ughhhh I hate it!! Its so sad!!
I dont know how my older sis does it though.. She's about 180 lbs & so happy of her body.. She flaunts skirts & tank tops... always looking cute... and i dont know how she gets away with it.. cause if I wear a tank or cute skirt my arms & legs look like super huge!! not to mention the rolls on my stomach!! Oh why oh why do i bring myself down like this!??! I should be more confident.. I dont think im ugly.. but im so self conscious about my body!! And i think that being fat makes me ugly!! Even though Derrick doesnt seem to think im fat.. but i always think that guys tell you that you're not fat when you really are, because they are just being nice & they dont want to hurt your feelings... I dont know!!

But it would be really nice to meet new ppl & form some kind of workout group!! It would give me the support & motivation that I need!!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:05 AM   #18  
Vanessa

Of course you can join our group!!! We are pleased to have you!!

I think it's great because everyone here so far is trying to lose the same amount of weight ( 20-60 lbs.) So I think we will all be on the same page!!

Sorry to hear about your accident!! That's never fun!!

Oh, and don't feel bad about being jealous of your sister.....I have 3 younger sisters who are thin and can wear all the cute, trendy clothes. Believe me.....sometimes I'm extremly jealous!!! They can eat anything and not gain a pound.

Yeah, shopping is an emotional thing for everyone here too. I got a new job and have to buy some new clothes this weekend and I AM NOT looking forward to it. Isn't that horrible??? A woman.....saying she doesn't want to shop!!! What has the world come to???? LOL

Self-Esteem and confidence is a big hurdle for everyone who feels overweight. I know I'm pretty but I'm so insecure and uncomfortable about my weight.
My boyfriend is the same as yours......telling me I look great and sexy....but deep down I think he would like to see me lose a little weight. He's just too nice to say it!!!!

So again.....nice having you here!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:18 AM   #19  
Me on the Left!! <3

Yay! Im really happy that Ive found a group to buddy up with!! I need all the support i can get!!

OMG!! I am totally in the same boat!! I just started my job a few months ago & we are about to open up the sales office, so I have to go out & buy alot of new clothes. But thats not going to be for another few weeks or so. Im hoping that I will be able to lose some weight by then!!

Last edited by Daisy55; 07-26-2005 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:22 AM   #20  
Jenna

Can I join your group too??? I am 21 years old and trying to lose 15 pounds, but it's tough because my friends, family, and boyfriend are always trying to get me to go out and eat at Chinese and Mexican restaurants and drink a lot of alcohol at the bars. I am trying to figure out how to balance a social life with my diet.

I know what you mean about the shopping thing. My mom and sister just recently lost a lot of weight so they always want to go shopping and drag me along. But I always end up in tears as I look in the mirror at the dressing room...

Over the week I am extremely dedicated and motivated, but I cheat on the weekends A LOT. I am just not losing weight and I don't know why so I'm frustrated...
Old 07-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #21  
Vanessa

I wish I could lose some weight by the weekend!!! It's gonna suck because I'm gonna spend a few hundred bucks on clothes and in a few months
( hope and pray!) I will have lost my weight.............then I'll have to buy new clothes. But hopefully it will be more fun then!!!

What do you plan on doing to lose weight? Dieting? Working out? If you look above, you can see what everyone else is trying for ideas if you have nothing in mind. I plan on lots of excercise and water. Not really dieting.....just portion control and watching some of what I eat. Also the gym where I go, for $30, you can sit down with a personal trainer for an hour, and discuss what machines etc. will target the problem zones. Mine is definately my stomach. With 1 child.....I have a kangaroo pouch and love handles so that is my biggest goal.

I definately think this group will be of help and support so it's good you came here!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #22  
Vanessa

I agree with the hot thing.......I lived in Ca for about 6 years. I was out there 2 weeks ago and it was sooooooooo hot!!!! I don't know how I stood it for 6 years!!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:45 AM   #23  
Me on the Left!! <3

Yeah I live in Miami!! And its HOTTTTTTT!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 12:09 PM   #24  
Vanessa

MMMLATTE

Of course we would love to have you here!!

I totally cheat on weekends too!!!!!! I'll eat decent all week and then the weekends I go buck wild!! Lots of eating out and snacks. And drinking. That's not good!!!

Hopefully this will help everyone achieve their goals!! Let us know what you plan on doing for you weight loss!!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:17 PM   #25  
Me on the Left!! <3

I dont really have specific days where i cheat... Weekends arent really an issue with me since I choose to stay home, bc i dont want to be seen in the street... or if not I'll just go out with Derrick to the movies or the eat something healthy. He's trying to help me lose the weight
Old 07-26-2005, 03:45 PM   #26  
TreeHugger

Alright you guys, you're making me feel old! I'm the old lady in the group! It sounds like we are all around the same weight and have relatively the same goals.

As far as cheating, you should only have one cheat day, and sorry, but you can't go "buck wild". If there are things you are craving spread it out through the day, don't eat it all at once. Eating 5 small meals a day will speed up your metabolism and help you lose the fat faster. And always remember "Fat makes you fat." Thats what my dad always says.

No matter what your weight is, if you are confident with who you are and what your size is, then you will look cute in anything you wear. And about being self concious infront of your boyfriends - STOP IT! That will turn them of faster than a light switch. The were attracted to YOU when they met you.

No more name calling. That will do no good for your goals, motivation or self esteem. I am a comfort binge eater also. When you binge, accept that you're binging, accept how you feel and don't be judge yourself. Make a diary of what happened to make you feel the need for comfort food. Go over it at the end of the week, and don't be so hard on your self.

I'll get back to you all with my goal for the day and some other Ideas I have - my daughter just woke up from her nap.

Nice to meet all u newbies!
Old 07-26-2005, 05:40 PM   #27  

I didnt get to nurse unfortunately I had a spinal headache from post epidural puncture and couldnt function for almost 5 days my mom had to take care of me my daughter and my ds so she bottle fed him I didnt even get to see him but like 5minutes after he was born then the headache started and the morphine shots kept me knocked out I had a blood patch done while I was in the hospital and it worked for about an hour then the headache came back and I decided to give it a few days b/c that patch was very painful and I didnt want to go through it again but after three days of being home and in bed the entire time except to go to the bathroom I decided to get another patch done by a different doctor and THANK GOD he knew what he was doing and 6 hours later I was as good as new!
If you are like me you probably have no idea what any of this is like I did...epidural headache is where the hole in your spine causes brain fluid to leak and your brain sags because of it...blood patch is where they draw blood from your arm then immediately inject it into your spine to cause a "patch" that will over time plug the leakage.....spinal headaches are very uncommon 1 of 200 patients will get them..myself and another girl had to get blood patches at the same time because of the same anestesiologist obviously didnt know what he was doing! That is why I didnt get to nurse I really regret that, although it wasnt my fault after what I went through I would def. do naturally childbirth if I ever have another child!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:13 PM   #28  
Vanessa

Hi Autumn!!
You are not old!!!!!!! So if we're all going to stop calling ourselves names...........you're not gonna say your old!!!!!

Autumn is right everyone! We need to start thinking more positivly of ourselves. Us here on this forum so far are losing at most 65lbs. Think of those trying to lose 100? Or 200? And We think we have weight insecurities?

From now on, Autumns right, we need to think the best of ourselves. How are the others in our life going to????

See Autumn, you're not old.................but you are wiser!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:18 PM   #29  
Vanessa

Hi Mom2nicoleandmatthew!!

Wow! That seems horrible!! I had the epidural and beforehand I heard horror stories but none as bad as yours!! Well I'm happy everything went well and you are alright now.

I didn't breastfeed either. My reason was inexperience and social issues. I was only 15 when I got pregnant. I knew breat feeding was better but I didn't realize how much better it truely was. Plus, I got looks all the time. I had old woman walk by me and under their breath say things like " it's a shame" or " babies having babies". Having to breastfeed in public would attract more attention to me. I know, I know....that's a stupid reason and
I realize it now.

My next child I am for sure breastfeeding.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:18 AM   #30  
TreeHugger

Thanks Vanessa for calling me out on the old "name calling". I didn't even realize I was doing it. My mom experienced the same thing with breast feeding with my brother. My mom was 15 when she got pregnant and 16 when she delivered. Kind of funny because my grandma was pregnant with my uncle at the same time. They're only a couple months apart. My grandmother never breast fed so my mom did what her mom did, but when she had my other brother and then me she was older and yes, yes "wiser" she nursed us.

Mom, it sounds like you had a horrible experience, but you did the best you could do for your son so you shouldn't feel bad. Hes healthy and happy right? I study Criminal Justice in school, that's my major, so I'm an extreemest. I read about everything possible that could and has happened during labor and delivery and decided I wanted to go natural. It hurt like heck, but I wouldn't do it any differently.

Ok, here is my goal for the day (I'm going to go accomplish it right now):
Lunges
Leg-lifts
Situps
Powersculpting Pilates
Closed Thread