Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 02:35 PM   #1  
Movin on down the scale

Exclamation Newbie..need to loose 70lbs

Hi everyone. I am new here. I am getting ready to start Nutri-system (as soon as my first shipment of food arrives)
I am excited about it, but nervous. I know my DH wont be happy about it, but I NEED to get back to a comfortable level...
In 1993 I weighed 248lbs and lost 113lbs by early 1995.
Sadly in 2000 my thyroid quit and even though I was barely eating less than 1200 calories a day, I was gaining close to 3lbs a month. Now I am back over 200lbs and NOT happy. I am not comfortable in my own skin anymore. I will take an official weight the morning I start NS. I would love to find someone to give support to and get some from. I really need to get this weight off.

I am in the upper mid-west and I have 3 children ages from newborn to 13.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2005, 07:00 PM   #2  

I know what it is for the old thyroid to quit! I had one side of mine taken out in 2000, then I gained 50lbs, but got really determined to lose it and WALKED it off, and really watched what I ate for 2 years. Then I got lazy and didn't walk and didn't watch my diet and gained 60 lbs back! I can't get going back walking or even trying too! Maybe whinning about will make me feel bad enought to get up and do something! keep on trying, I can be done!
Old 07-24-2005, 10:08 AM   #3  
Movin on down the scale

I just can't get over how crappy I feel (not like depressed feeling, just physically) at this current weight. I have pain (I have a bad leg) and I just am constantly tired. I need to do this and I want to do this..I am happy about starting and hope my food arrives tomorrow...
But I still need to tell hubby! I will wait until the package arrives.
Closed Thread