Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 04:24 PM   #1  

Smile Neeeed a Buddy

Hi I am new here. I'm 30 y/o. I have been married for 4 1/2 years now. I have 2 children: I have a 15 y/o daughter and a 11 month old son (who I am Breastfeeding). I gained weight soon after I got married then I added some after I had my son. I topped out at 175 lbs. after delivery. I've lost 29 lbs already I still need 25 lbs to get to my pre-marriage weight.
My husband has been a great source of encouragement but he still wants me to join him in the festival of eating at times by overendulging in the carbs. So I need some help.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:00 PM   #2  

hi Rakkoon
i finally realized i've really gained so much weight a couple of weeks ago.. i went to buy a dress for a wedding i was going to and i couldn't zip up any dress smaller than size 16 (it's italian made... maybe they have smaller dress sizes??)
anyway, i ve been convincing myself that yes, my clothes are a bit tight but 1)i was MAYBE pemenstrual 2) MAYBE i had gases 3) i JUST over-eated the past couple of days... then with the size 16 i realized i gained so much weight, no excuses needed..
so i am up to some serious dieting.. i want to lose almost 20 lbs..
i'll join staring tomorrow
Old 07-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #3  

I totally hear you deeyala. In my thin days I wore a size 4 for years then when I got married (not that that was the problem), I had a miscarriage and I just didn't care anymore. I ate and ate, I wore elastic waist pants for a while. the like you I had to buy a dress to celebrate my sister-in-laws graduation. I grabbed sizes 9, 11, then 13. I was in shock I had no idea I had gained so much weight. I knew I gained weight but not that much. Then I had my son and there was another 10 lbs.
I've lost some weight I still have alot to go. I know we can do this we just have to work at it. I will be there for you. I'm not doing any special diets, I did start the Dr. Phil diet but I couldn't handle it. So I decided to stick to some of his standards like eating carbs before 12:00 pm. and not eating any breads or rice for dinner. Dinner consists of only meat and veggies. I don't know if this is a good thing or not but since I love soft drinks I started sibstituting soft drinks with this generic soft drink I found at Wal-mart that has zero cal, carb, and fat. For me it does satisfy the earge.
My hardest struggle is working out. I have about 5 work out DVD's and the exercise ball and DVD. but no motivation.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:03 PM   #4  

mmm.. it was tests that triggered all the over- eating for me... shot up 11 lbs since last march...! well, for today.. i had some macaroni and chicken breasts and an apple and a glass of milk..
doesn't sound much of a diet, but compared to the past week.. it really is..
i've been postponing dieting up till my results showed up but the size 16 called for some immediate action..
mmm...still waiting for my results
Old 07-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #5  

I too tried dr. phil but found it really boring! I even got his cookbook and tried a few of the recipes and was really tempted to email and ask if he had actually TRIED any of these himself-ewe. Right now I am doing points on WW and am finding it pretty easy to follow-of course this is my first week-lol Planning ahead really has been a help. My son's birthday is Tuesday and it will be pizza so I am going to plan what kind, do the points and factor it in and instead of cake and ice cream, either just ice cream or will get a WW treat from the store to replace it. I am much heavier and older but I am determined to lose it and keep it off forever! Happy to be a buddy and here anytime.
Melissa
Old 07-17-2005, 11:01 AM   #6  

Well Melissa it sounds like you are definately on the right track. I'm happy to have you here. Last night I gave in to temptation I ate a Brownie. I felt like I sort of deserved it b/c I have been really good for 3 weeks now. But is will be a while before I have another treat.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:35 AM   #7  

Hey it was one brownie-it is when we eat the whole pan that there is a problem. I had company last nite and cooked them WW entree(they never new it and they all raved how yummy it was) and I had made them desert but went to the store the day before and got a WW cheescake for me. That is another reason why I like this system! Can have it as long as I count the points for it. So I felt like I got a treat but I was still on program. I had to kind of giggle cause a couple of them were eyeing my desert-LOL
Old 07-17-2005, 06:17 PM   #8  

I noticed you are talking about going to the store to buy all these WW items where are you getting them at.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:22 PM   #9  

Fred Meyer carries them-they are local store for me-I know safeway carries their items as well as Albertsons. The deserts are in with the other frozen deserts and usually the top shelf. Entrees I usually make out of one of my WW cookbooks but they also have quite an assortment of dinners mixed in with all the other frozen dinners-probably close to lean cuisine and healthy choice.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:16 AM   #10  

We got to try those deserts. Tonight my husband and I were craving sweets after dinner. But I just didn't want to do it twice in a row. But Oh! those pies from Bakers Square were calling out to me. So I just drove right passed it. LOL
Old 07-18-2005, 08:12 AM   #11  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I tried Dr. Phils stuff too and, YECK, what was he thinking! I bought his bars, I ate one and threw the rest out. I don't normally like a lot of them anyway, but his was the worst. The WW are pretty good, and so are some of the slim fast. And I've heard a lot of good testamonials about the luna bars. As far as dessert, have you tried any of the ones in the recipes here? some of those are great! Cakes and puddings.....really worth trying.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:33 AM   #12  

I need a buddy as well I put some of my weight back on I was 184 now I am back to 186.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:37 AM   #13  

I will have to try and find those and try them.I am going camping Wednesday and I know I will blow it the smore's can't go without having one of those and hot dogs.I guess what I will have to do is start over when we get back from camping and really watch what I eat.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:42 AM   #14  

One way to "help" is go on a hike while you are there. Have 1 smore and 1 hotdog but get some excersize in there to counteract it. I guess I am one of those firm believers in moderation is key, especially when it isn't something that happens everyday. Eat it slowly too-really enjoy it. using one graham cracker two marshmallows and 2 tbs worth of chocolate, that smore is about 4 points-not sure what plan you are on. Don't let yourself get into the guilts-plan for the treat and then there is no reason to feel bad or kick yourself.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:59 PM   #15  

I just worked out this morning. How are you girls doing?
Closed Thread