Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 04:13 PM   #1  

Default Yet another in need of buddy-Newbie

Hi all.

I have been looking at this site for a couple years now but just now decided to join. I'm ,26, happily married (just hit the one year mark), no kids, one puppy, two cats ..and a law student.

I am 5'8", started really dieting toward the beginning of June at 171, went down to 162 in a couple weeks then went to an all-inclusive time share in Cancun for two weeks and came back home to the scale saying 165. That was last week and I haven't weighed in since..gonna do it tomorrow. I'm working out like 5 times a week for about and hour and a half (at least 45 minutes alternating walking and running) and then pilates or weights. My realistic goal is to get down to 135 although in a perfect world I might like 125.

I never was big as a kid or teenager, in fact I was made fun of for being so "skinny". But about 19 or so I started growing. my top weight is that 171 (after my first year of law school). Two years ago at this time I was 139 (and looking hot). I always think I look okay until I see pictures of myself, then I'm like uggghhh am I really that fat!?? I hate it. And also, doesn't help that my sisters and my cousins who I'm very close with are sizes 0, 2, 2 and 4. And my aunt is about 5'2" under 100 pounds and my mom looks like a Playboy playmate in a bikini. So I'm "the big girl". I don't want to be that anymore. And I want to go back to school in the fall to hear "wow! you look great!"

I think most of all this was for me but would love some like-minded buddies!

Closed Thread