Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 12:47 PM   #1  
Melinda

S/C/G: 301/285/140

Height: 5"3

Default Newbie in Town!

Hey Everyone! I just found this web site this morning and i thought it was perfect for what i am looking for. My name is Mel and i live in Houston Texas. I have been a "fat chick" my entire life. The other day i jumped on the scale and was discussed on how i had let myself really go. I finally came to the conclusion that if i do not do something about my weight now, then i never will.
I have been married for the past 4 years and do not have any children, (by choice for now, i am waiting to graduate from college before starting a family) however, i know if i want kids, i will have to loose the weight before becoming pregnant.
Girls, i need to loose 150 pounds! Just looking at the number looks impossible to me but i know i can do it. i have been on several diets including SB, Atkins (which i became ill from) as well as many others. The way i feel i can lose weight the best is by calorie counting and exercise. What do yall think?
Exercising i know is the key to success, it is just geting into the habit that i find is the problem.
Anyway, i am excited and worried all at once but i know that it is something that needs to be done. I am looking for any support i can get and will be more than happy to support everyone else!
Old 06-30-2005, 02:47 PM   #2  

Hey Mel! I am Marcie-mother of 1 in Lake Charles, LA. I too am new here and think that calorie counting is great. I am on a plan called the 3 hour Diet by Jorge Cruise. I just love this diet. I am never deprived of anything! You literally eat every 3 hours. I was the type that only ate a couple times a day and kept saying I never eat anything..why am I gaining weight! I lost 5lbs in 2 weeks and then went on a business trip and gained 4 back-(MY BAD )
but am back on track again. I truly love this plan. My meals consist of 400 calories-3 oz of Protein, 1 Carb, and a lot of veggies. I get (2) 200 calorie snacks a day and even a treat at night if I want it. I am also trying to get into the habit of exercising. I have only walked once this week, but am gonna walk today and tomorrow before going out of town for the 4th. I'd love to chat with you...don't get overwhelmed by the amount you want to lose. Set mini goals. I want to lose 45 lbs total-need to lose a total of 59...but I am just shooting for 45 right now. But I have mini goals too...I want to be down 10lbs by July 8th-doesnt look to hopeful right now but the scale may surprise me come Sunday-the day I weigh in. IT NEEDS TOOO !!! Anyway..stay positive..you can Personal Message me or email me at [email protected] if you want to chat or we can chat right here!! Good luck to you!!!

Marcie
Old 06-30-2005, 08:48 PM   #3  
Melinda

S/C/G: 301/285/140

Height: 5"3

Hey Marcie! Thanks for replying! This 3 hour diet you speak of interests me. I haven't heard of this one, is it new? I think i would get the results i want with any diet that gives you unlimited veggies and fruit. I think the reason i hated the atkins diet was because of the fruit restrictions.
Is the 3 hour diet from a book available? If so then i think i need to stop by a book store and check it out. Also, are the foods real labor intensive (do i have to cook alot? ). My plan is to start my diet on tuesday (after the 4th!) but i am going to exercise tomorrow. I have an eliptical machine that i love to use, its just getting into the habit. The first time i exercise i get real tired and loose my motivation to continue, however after i have kept it us for a while i start to feel great and actually look forward to exercising. Its just the beginning part that sucks!
My goal is to loose 20 lbs by the time i go back to school (August 22). I hope its attainable.
Keep up the progress and have fun while you are on vacation for the 4th! (mine will be spent cleaning the house which it is in desprite need for )
Old 07-01-2005, 11:07 AM   #4  

Mel-Yes there are many books out by Jorge Cruise. The main one I have is 8mm in the morning and 3 hour Diet-both by Jorge Cruise. I do not like lots of labor intensive cooking either-its not like that at all!! I have frozen dinners with a salad for lunch and just throw something together at dinner-the key is to get in the veggies. The book is fabulous and its a lot like calorie counting. It just helps me stay on track. I also joined the website, but I would buy the book rather then join the website. The book tells you everything you need to know. I weighed today and am down a lb. Going out of town for the weekend and I am scared to death of gaining. Hate that feeling. I really think your goal to lose 20 pounds by August 22 is attainable! Just keep going strong with your exercise!! I walked yesterday but didn't get it in this morning. I hope to stay active this weekend..that may help!! Have a good 4th and I would definately go get Jorge Cruises book-its awesome!!

Talk to you soon,

Marcie
Closed Thread