Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:28 AM   #1  

Default Newbie here! On WW, joined up here because their chat board isn't what I expected...

Hiya everyone! Glad to find this board, as I joined up on the online WW program and its SO hard to keep track of messages, no search functions, ect... I was really looking forward to being able to get into the message boards there! I love all the online tools and such and have lost 13 pounds so far! Woo! So I'm very glad to have discovered this forum

My hubby is also doing this alongside me, he's got probably around 200 lbs to loose, and I have a bit over 100. Its a bit frustrating to not be able to see his progress because 1) The scale we have does not go high enough and 2) He really doesn't want me to *know* his weight. But his pants are loose now, so we know its going somewhere! LOL!

I've been a very big girl since I was about 7, moved from mom's to dad's and he really enjoyed spoiling me, to the point of allowing me to choose what I wanted to eat, and when I wanted to eat it (ice cream for dinner, or fast food if not that nightly was normal) and since then I've just never learned portion control, or what really is good healthy food and what's truly an acceptable and not out of control treat. I've only been on WW for 3 weeks now, but already its starting to click. I'm incredibly happy that its not as confusing and horribly hard to plan to eat well as I expected. And its really really great to have the flex points to splurge!

I'm really excited to find out what it feels like to be in a normal sized body, and here for the long run. However, I'm NOT a patient person, and thinking of how long its going to take is really a bummer! And I'm incredibly worried about what's going to happen when hubby and I start trying for another child and I get pregnant (probably going to start trying again in 2006). I'm really afraid that without a system I'll just gain and gain and gain. Has anyone found some sort of system that allows you to gain the neccisary weight for pregnancy? Not any sort of *diet* while pregnant or anything like that at all of course! Just some way to maintain things and not balloon up 90lbs while pregnant... Perhaps I should start a thread on that subject seperately later on.

Sorry I'm so wordy here! Nice to meet you all!
Old 06-28-2005, 09:11 AM   #2  
On my way!!

Default Welcome aboard!

Hi Lisa!

3FC's is a great place for support and information. WW is a great program too (I've been successful before (67 lbs) and I'll do it again! )

As far as the pregnancy thing goes, it really can be tough. One thing I really regret (my son is now 28 months) is not exercising regularly when I was pregnant. I think that really would've helped keep the weight down, though I only gained about 30-35 lbs during the pregnancy, I certainly didn't watch what I ate and rarely if ever exercised. I used the pregnancy as an excuse to eat, sleep and be merry! If I did it again I would definately exercise. I think if nothing else it would've helped me to stay firmer and get back into shape a little easier afterwards
(c-sections are a )

I too am married to a computer geek ( he's a hottie nonetheless! ) It really helps to have your hubby along for your WW journey (we call it being on the Points wagon at our house)

I wish you the best of luck!
Old 06-29-2005, 07:25 AM   #3  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!

Your post caught my eye because I, too, am not that happy with the WW board. People here are a little more organized.

Glad to hear you've started on your weight loss. One tip for staying motivated over a long time is to notice the little changes that happen relatively quickly. I'm impatient, just like you. What keeps me going is that I notice my clothes are looser each week. Maybe if you pick a small change to look forward to every week, that change will help you satiate your impatience.

Orion is a pretty name for a baby.

And I'm married to a computer guy too...

See you around.
Closed Thread