Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 05:03 PM   #1  

Default New here from Md

Hi all! My name is Kim, married,29 from Baltimore, MD. I just had twins in February 05, and as a result am now "slightly" overweight- by 32 lbs. I used to be very active and run 5 miles a day, and am hoping to get back to that point eventually. I will be 30 in August and would LOVE to be down a size by then . I am currently working out at the gym 3-4 days a week, mostly cardio and keep my calories in check, at or about 1500 a day ( 5'2). I seem to be losing 1/2 lb a week- a little slow, but I will take it.
So far what I've seen here looks really awesome. I would like to jump in w/ both feet( if I can get the time to post- ). I will admit this is a lot of work, and I look forward to all of your support.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:21 PM   #2  
Movin' right along...

Hey and welcome! I'm in Maryland visiting family right now so your post caught my eye. Congrats on the twins! What sort of eating plan are you on? Good for you on working out that much! I really need to work on that.

Where do you get the name tonkasmom?

Love,
Deanne
Old 06-29-2005, 06:46 PM   #3  

Hi Deanne, thanks for saying hello. Tonka is my 8 yr old German Shepherd, lol. He was my baby first. Right now I am just watching my calories- LIKE A HAWK, because if I don't, it's all over. Usually I eat b/w 1500-1600 a day, sometimes more, never less. The gym I just make myself go to, it's not always easy. If you're having a hard time with it sometimes you just have to make yourself, don't beat yourself up if you don't though. What stuff(diet, exercise ) are you doing? I love to hear other people's stories, that's why I like this site, but sometimes it's hard to keep up w/ so many posts! Its great there's that much support around here.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:37 AM   #4  

Hey Kim! I am new here as well! I am 29 year mom of one in Lake Charles, LA!! I have about 45 lbs to lose and am following the Jorge Cruise 3 hr Diet. I really like it and was doing great until last week I was out of town and staying with a friend and gained back 4 lbs. I weigh in on Sunday's and am trying to get my cardio intake up. I know that I will not lose if I do not exercise. I have a treadmill at home so that is where I walk. I'd love to chat with you on this wonderful weight loss journey!! My calorie intake a day is 1600-1700. I have to eat every 3 hours on my diet and have 3 meals with 400 calories and 2 snacks with up to 200 calories. It was really working well for me until I messed up last week, but now I am back and track and would love to just lose 2 out of the 4 lbs this week!! Good luck to you!!!

Marcie
Old 06-30-2005, 10:34 AM   #5  
Movin' right along...

Hey Kim....thats crazy. I asked about your name because my dogs name is Tonka too. Hes a mastiff/great dane mix. Hes huge but acts just like a little baby. Thats too funny.

I follow Weight Watchers. I absolutely love it. It has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. Its so practical. Plus, I didnt want to do a diet that kept me from eating the foods I love. My husband and I eat out quite a bit and it allows me to eat things at restaurants. I have several friends that are on South Beach and I hear that diet is really good too. I eat the South Beach brand foods sometimes. They're awesome.

Marcie- I've never heard of the diet you're doing. How long have you been on it? I like how you spread your calories throughout the day.

Oh I have a website. Its not much but it does have a lot of diet/fitness links on it. They're all links that I've tried out and liked. Its http://munozchick.tripod.com

Love,
Deanne
Old 06-30-2005, 02:26 PM   #6  

Deanne,

I have been on the 3 hr diet for 4 weeks today. I love it. It is a lot like weight watchers except you eat every 3 hrs. I love the way I stay on a schedule. This way I never get hungry and go crazy. I did gain 4 lbs back after my business trip but I was hoping it was just water weight. How long have you been on weight watchers?? I tried it a couple of times, but always went over my points. (My Fault-not Weight Watcher )
I saw a book on this and read about it in Women's World. You eat 3 oz of protein, 1 carb, and a bunch of veggies. You split your plate in half and half is veggies, then the other half you split again and one side is protein and one is carbs-then you must have a serving of fat 1 oz as well. Then I get 2 snacks for a total of 200 calories each of anything I want. Keeps me from craving things. You can also have a treat after dinner. I usually skip that though. And of course as all diets go-tons of water..I do 80 oz but I think I probably should have more. I retain water real bad!!

Hope you are having a great day!!
Marcie
Old 06-30-2005, 04:39 PM   #7  
Movin' right along...

That diet sounds awesome. I try to eat every 3-4 hours too. Otherwise, Ill end up overdoing it when I finally do eat.
I have been on WW for a few months now. I really like it. Its easy. I have been able to find great foods that are low in points. I need to drink alot more water too. Thats my main problem. That and not being active enough.

Love,
Deanne
Old 06-30-2005, 05:35 PM   #8  

Well you are doing FABULOUS!!! Congrats on your loss!! KEEP IT UP!!!! I am getting ready to jump on the treadmill here shortly. I gotta get in at least 3 days..I know I need 4-5 but I'm trying to start out with 3. Gotta Get Moving......need to move my bootie-I know that is what it is going to take!! Hope you have a good on plan afternoon!!

Marcie
Old 06-30-2005, 07:02 PM   #9  

You will all ahve to excuse the fact that I am only able to post once or twice a day, if that- (naptime , lol)

Marcie -your eating plan sounds great, so if it is working or you- awesome. I personally hate veggies, and have tried many times to "retry" them, hoping for the best, but it never happens. Can we say" supplements"?
I rarely go more than 3-4 hrs w/o eating anyway, I can never wait until I eat again.
How old is your youngest? If you have a treadmill at home, and it sounds like you do, I used to put whoever was crying in the snugli and WALK on it- kept the baby quiet, and kicked up the calorie burn. They didn't get too hot either, but its still something to keep your eye on. Just an idea. Its sounds like you have it together- good for you!

Deanne-- Funny about the dogs . Who walks him? , hint, hint . Nothing like a dog to get you moving.... But it is pretty hot right about now. I hate water too. Sometimes I wake up so parched, because I totally forget to drink it. I have not checked your site out yet, I have these 20 precoius minutes now, but I will make sure I do it as soon as I can. I have to run, good luck, I will be back. Great job ladies!
Old 06-30-2005, 10:12 PM   #10  
Movin' right along...

Hey Kim and Marcie...sounds like y'all are doing good.

Kim- Tonka lives with my husbands parents in Mississippi. Nic and I live in the Middle East. We have housemates, so bringing a huge dog over there is not an option right now. We miss him so much though. At least we know hes being taken care of. I am on vacation right now. So, Ill be going to Mississippi next week and will get to see Tonka.

Marcie- It is easier when you sort of work yourself up to 4-5 days a week. I find that if I do too much too soon, I get burnt out faster.

I had a great OP day today. Its 10pm and I still have 7points left. I eat 22 per day. I just cant seem to get all of my points in everyday. I need to. Im scared of my metabolism getting low.

Have a great day tomorrow!

Love,
Deanne
Old 07-01-2005, 11:20 AM   #11  

Hey guys!!

Kim-My daughter is 2...but I can remember those days that 20 minutes of nap time was so looked forward to. I can't even imagine with twins. That is great that you already eat every 3-4 hours...good for your metabolism. I hate veggies too...mine is limited to very few that I will eat. Carrots,Corn, green beans, and salads are about it. SO...I have to eat lot of those. Yes I do have a treadmill at home which is very convient. I work out of my house currently, but am working on a new job where I will have an office to go to. Sitting here all day is not for me. I gotta be in a people environment...I get bored and want to eat.

Deanne-That is so crazy that you guys have the same name for your dogs. So do you live in Jackson? I am in Lake Charles, LA-I'm just a state over from ya-going through Mississippi today to get to Alabama. That is good that you eat enough to satisfy yourself and still have points left over. I would always run out . I think you are right though about getting in all of your points. I too had a good day yesterday and was down a pound today. I am bad about weighing everyday...not good I know.

Hope you both have a great ON PLAN Holiday weekend. I am scared to death I am going to gain...hate that!! IF I CAN JUST GET MY WATER IN!!!!

Talk to y'all soon!

Marcie
Old 07-01-2005, 01:14 PM   #12  

Deanne-wanted to tell you I checked out you website. You are soooo cute!!! I enjoyed your pics..I want to go back later and check out some of the links. Keep up the good work!! You look great!!

Marcie
Old 07-01-2005, 02:43 PM   #13  
Movin' right along...

Hi Marcie...you're so sweet...thank you.

I don't live in Jackson anymore. My husband and I live in the Middle East. We're from Mississippi though. Hes from Biloxi and Im from Jackson. He had to come back to the states(Indiana) for k9 school. I figured I'd come back and visit family. So, Im in Maryland visiting my dad and next week, Ill be in Jackson and Biloxi.

I went to Applebees today and had the teriyaki steak skewers(9 pts). It was awesome. I loved it. It came on rice and veggies. I wasn't able to finish the veggies though.

What are you going to Alabama for?

Love,
D
Old 07-03-2005, 09:30 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyvixen

He had to come back to the states(Indiana) for k9 school.
Just curious, but what does he do?- my dh is a police officer so it caught my attention. And you really are cute!!( checked out your website, too)- what part of MD are you visiting?

Marcie- don't worry, just have fun this weekend. Be mindful, that's all. I haven't been to the gym in 3 days - going to try to start running again tonight. I will let you all know how it goes.......

Have a great holiday, ladies.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #15  

Hey ladies...I'm back!! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find you again.

Deanne-My husband's grandparents live in Alabama and we used to, so we went back to visit and.....I resigned from my job on Friday before we left. I still worked for a company in Alabama so I took back all of my equipment. I was working out of my home here in Louisiana. It just wasn't working out so I have closed that chapter of my life. WOW the Middle East...is it a lot different there here?? I have been wondering how the Steak Scewers are at Applebees...thanks for mentioning them!!

Kim-Girl I had too much fun this weekend...ate, drank, and was merry..lol..but didn't gain thank goodness. Been good since I have been back just haven't exercised....

WHAT ARE YOU GALS UP TO?????
Closed Thread