Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 03:53 PM   #1  

Smile Hi I'm new here

Hi everyone
I am new here so I just thought I'd share a few facts about me.

I am 33 years old. Some days I feel old, some days I feel young. I have a feeling this is going to go on for quite some time...

I am deathly allergic to portabello mushrooms.

I have a mortons toe (where my second toe is longer than my big toe)

I recently broke my leg skydiving and subsequently became quite fat while being a couch potato. I've never had so much fun in all my life but as a result I became addicted to daytime television soaps, talk shows and twizzlers.

I am tall for a female (5'9)

every morning as soon as I wake up, I log onto sciencedaily and read whats new in the scientific community while I drink my coffee and eat 2 blueberry scones. I need to kick the scone habbit.

I am obsessed with music by Queen. Freddie Mercury was the man.

I also love the soundtack to Xanadu. I don't care if people think I'm not cool. I love those catchy tunes!

I use to be a smoker. Smokers are some of the most sociable people in the world. I have had some great conversations with complete strangers while huddled up against the side of a building during a smoke break.

I was a bartender for 6 months while studying to be a biology teacher

I am orally fixated. I'm either talking, chewing gum, sucking on a piece of candy, eating, biting my cuticles, drinking something, chewing on a cinnamon toothpick, and up until recently smoking. My mouth is always doing something.

I have always felt like I was going to die in a plane crash however I have no fear of flying and I travel often.

I have been to 16 different countries but only 5 states in my own country

I lived for a year in Holland and the only dutch words I learned were yes, hello, bye, and I love you. I did howeever learn how to say "Now you've crossed the line you bag of schnitzel" and "excuse me sir can you help me carry my friend she had too much to drink" in perfect German during my time spent in Europe.

Last summer I got bent while scubadiving and had to spend some time in a hyberbaric chamber where I listened to Betthovens symphony #9 to pass the time. symphony 9 is truly the greatest thing ever written.

I am bummed that they closed the togos sandwich shop by my house.

I once spent time at the hubb reasearch center studying dolphin behavior.

I was once attacked by a chicken on a farm in Northern Italy. To this day I eat chicken with great pleasure. Compared to chickens, vegetables are rather friendly. I see no reason to boil them until they are soft and squishy.

In the 80s I was in love with Scott Baio

I am a member of the Lorquin entomology society. We get together once a month at a museum in Los Angeles and talk about bugs.

In college I once got drunk in Colorado and ended up the next morning in Cheyenne Wyoming with no memory of how I got there. Scary.

I have 13 brothers and sisters.

Just the other day I learned how to make a better than sex chocolate cake from scratch.

The only college class I ever failed was asian cooking. There were 2 small fires involved. One was definitely not my fault. The other is debatable.

I spent a year studying philosophy. David Hume is my favorite philosopher. I generally like the pragmaticists.

My favorite classes were always the science ones. Where else can you blow stuff up for credit? My least favorite class was history. I hated memorizing all those dates.

When I'm watching television I usually have the attention span of a soapdish and change the channel quite frequently. Nobody likes watching TV with me anymore.

Last night I was unable to sleep and watched Jerry Springer in the middle of the night. Where do they find those people?

I hope to have another child someday or maybe ever adopt one.

The first job I ever had was hot dog on a stick at the LA County Fair. Then I worked at McDonalds but I was fired after 3 days for insubordination. I hated cleaning the shake machine.

I once had a near death experience following a severe car accident where 5 other passengers were killed. We were hit head on by a drunk driver. I was the only survivor, I was 19 at the time.

Right now I am in the process of reading 3 books simultaneously, writing one, keeping up with one of my blogs (while my other blog fades off into oblivion), and designing a website. In other words I completely lack focus. Its the bane of my existence.

"Parasite Rex" is one of my favorite books and I recommend it to anyone interested in Parasitology.

My favorite writer is Voltaire. I've concluded he must have really liked the taste of chocolate. He mentions it often in his stories.

I loved the movie "Supersize me".

I really like to write so once a month I go to the beach, sit in my beach chair and write for hours while listening to the sound of the waves crashing. Speaking of writing, I think I've done enough for now...

I hope to be able to share the weight loss journey with many of you. Nice to be here with all of you. Will someone be my buddy? I need all the help I can get...
Take care and have a good one
Amiee~
Old 06-13-2005, 06:56 PM   #2  

Well you certainly know how to write and engaging post! Fantastic.

I am 32, live in Australia. Married, 5 kids (1 human, 2 dogs and 2 cats). Average in height 5'2.5" yet above average in weight. (Hey it's nice to be above average in SOMETHING!) Oh and I seem to fall off the fat loss train far to easily.

I would post more about me but it would pale in comparison to your post.

I am here if you would like a buddy.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:33 AM   #3  

Hi stephensgirl
Australia: Best swimmers in the world. I would love to have you as a buddy, thanks for your support! I'll encourage you any way I can as well. I know what you mean about falling off that dang train. ugh!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:20 PM   #4  

Wow! What an amazing life you've lead! Very inspiring!

Welcome to the site!
Closed Thread