Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 11:21 PM   #61  
Movin on down the scale

I think this is where I need to be..can I join? I am getting ready to start nutrisystem as soon as my food arrives. I have 60 (ish) lbs to loose and my goal is new years eve. I will add a ticker to my siggy once I take an official beginning weight....I will do that the morning I start the plan. (should be in a couple days)
Old 07-25-2005, 09:56 AM   #62  

Height: 5'4"

Hey Laura, I was worried that you completely fell off the wagon. Good to see you back. Welcome to everybody else. The more the merrier.

I've been trucking along going steadily down until this weekend. Up 1.5#'s since Friday.

A good friend passed away last week and I managed to keep it out of my mind until her funeral mass Saturday. I think I used it as an excuse to sit around without exercising, eating (and drinking ) too much & generally feeling sorry for myself. Yesterday I had every intention of lying around the house and was in fact, in bed watching a movie at 3pm. I realized that was ridiculous and made myself get up & go to the gym before they closed at 5. Felt much better afterwards that I stopped it before it became some downward unrecoverable spiral.

A not-weight-loss-related item: The ex that I "caught" teaching his new girlfriend to dance came over to my house Friday night (and by the way, weighed himself on my scale, results: 133#'s ). I casually mentioned his new girlfriend and he informed me that she was someone he met when he did some plays years ago when he first moved here and she ended up just wanting to "use" him to dance with since her fiance moved away a couple of months ago. She's moving out to be with him (the fiance) very soon. I threw my head back and laughed maniacally when I heard that story.

I guess I've groused enough. How is everyone else doing this week?
Old 07-25-2005, 12:41 PM   #63  

I'm sorry about your lose, Julia.And whats up with that guy?
I was freaking out this weekend b/c my husband it would be good to take a break from exercising (just one day) to give my body time to recover. So I did Sunday. I was scared I would fall off the wagon b/c I know myself, I can get lazy. So this morning I told my husband to wake me up early so I could get out and walk before the day got hot(6:30 am). As soon as I got home I did my Tae Bo. I don't want to weigh myself till the end of the week. I told my husband to put the scale in his truck b/c I am addicted to weighing myself every hour of the day But he forgot, I can see it right now calling out to me now. Got to go. How is everyone else doing?
Old 07-25-2005, 02:23 PM   #64  

Smile Sore Throat

Ugh! I'm flighting off a horrible sore throat - feels like a knife in my right tonsil (I've looked though - there isn't one there.) and I sound awful, but I do think I am on the mend. I'm taking antibiotics now, and see improvement after a day and a half of rest. NOT TALKING MUCH - which is pretty hard for me. However, this morning I had to get up at 3:30 am and take someone to the airport. I crawled back into bed at 6:00 for an hour, then got everyone else out the door, then crawled back again from 8:00 until 1:00 watching t.v. - which I am now quite sick of! Just how many Hallmark movies can I take?

Welcome GonnaLooseitagain!
Julia - so.... hope for you and bf getting back together? Good for you on the exercise!
Rakkoon - I know that strong pull to the scale! Resist!!!
We are following the Body for Life exercise program which encourages resting your muscles - maybe hubby's right.

Have a great day everyone!
Laura Y
Old 07-25-2005, 09:17 PM   #65  

Laura - Good to hear there isn't actually a knife in your throat Hope you are feeling better. And no, I don't see the ex & me back together - but I am making him fix my car

Rakkoon - Way to go, not letting a day off spoil you too much. Once you sort of get in the groove its easy to think that a day without the routine is a set up for giving it up altogether. Seems like the real test is when you DO alter the routine without letting it get out of control. Good for you not letting that happen.

I know the siren song of the scale all too well. I finally broke down and bought a scale (before I HAD to go to the gym to weigh myself) and now I'm on it at least 3 times a day. It works for me but I know that for lots of people it can be discouraging. So if that's you - RESIST.

I've been a bit off the last 10 days or so on my strength training. Not keeping up the cardio wasn't an option but I've been slacking on my weight lifting. Got in a really good upper body workout tonight so I'm feeling much better about it now.

Non weight loss item: I'm getting a puppy tomorrow. I've never been a mom before

Last edited by JuliaTN; 07-25-2005 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:26 PM   #66  

Thats great that you are still working out still. You go girl!
How old is the puppy? The first dog we got, we got him at 6 weeks old. It was like having a baby. We would try all kinds of food on him b/c he would get bored of it in 2-4 days and not eat. We finally took him to the Vet, she said don't worry about it if he has to eat he will. And advised us not to change his food any more and to stick with dry food. It was an experience. But it was fun. You will have alot of fun
Old 07-27-2005, 05:06 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I, like some of the rest of you here, have lost these 15 lbs before
This time I'm reading "Thin for Life" and learning from the masters who've lost weight and kept it off.
I'm low fattin' it along with counting calories until I get my portion perspective back.
I'm also following the basic routine in the "Body Sculpting Bible for Women".
Old 07-27-2005, 08:35 PM   #68  

Smile Going Home

My sore throat is getting better so if I were going to be home I would exercise and diet... However, I am going on a trip on Friday to the USA to visit family, and as I am from the SOUTH... well, all us Southern girls know the taste of Southern food is QUITE a temptation, and since I've missed out on it for six and a half years of living in Mexico, going home always means making up for lost time.

So, I'll try not to overdo, but I must admit, I am really looking forward to some FRIED OKRA and field peas, and yellow crook-neck squash. Oh, and definitely a trip to Jerry's Catfish House, which is a restaurant built like an igloo (yes, really, an igloo in Mississippi) where they serve some of the finest fried catfish you'll ever taste. I know these descriptions of food have some of you absolutely baffled! But THIS is why I have to DIET!

I'll try to watch it on the road, however, (we are driving - 26 hours!) and reserve the calories for those big meals. Swimming and water skiing are also a big part of the trip, so maybe I'll work it off! There's really not the option of a gym.

I really am determined to lose the 15 pounds (12 now) but realistically, it ain't gonna happen during these next two weeks. My main goal will be not to gain anything back that I've recently lost and just hold my own.

Did you get your puppy, Julia?
Welcome Susan - give us some tips from the books you're reading, okay?

Have a great day, everyone! Laura Y
Old 07-27-2005, 09:27 PM   #69  

I hope you have a great and ungainful trip home, Laura. Good Southern food isn't my downfall. Mexican is. I go to my favorite Mexican restaurant once a week for a half order of grilled chicken nachos (nothing like anything I ever had in Mexico). Then I eat half of the half order. I know if I didn't allow myself that, there would come a day that I would just go and eat the whole place up. I had fried squash for the first time ever about a month ago and was not terribly impressed. Now corn bread, fried catfish & BBQ is a whole 'nother story.

Susan - How are you liking the BSB for women so far? I think I may need to do something like that to get me into an actual routine with my strength training instead of my usual wandering around the gym.

Yes, puppy is here (although still nameless). My sister has a great dane named Luna that looks exactly like him - only about 10x bigger - so I am considering Sol. I am, however, open to suggestions. He is boxer/lab mix according to the humane society but the more I look at him, and hear him yap, the more I think he is actually boxer/chihuahua. The vet says he's about 4 mo old and he's only 10 lbs so I'm thinking he's awfully small to be boxer/lab. Whatever he is, he's completely adorable and now -after all of 30 hrs- he's following me around like...erm...a puppy. Housebreaking is proving interesting. I keep taking him outside about every 1.5 hrs and he just looks up at me with an "I really want to do what you want me to I'm just not sure what it is" look on his face.

Went to the gym for about 45 minutes of cardio - didn't get any lifting in because I didn't want to leave the baby home alone too long. It's a lot of responsibility being a mom.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:37 PM   #70  

I hope you have a safe and fun trip Laura.
Julia it sounds like you are really enjoying motherhood I would suggest Uncle Matty books on puppies. My husband and I read them like crazy.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:52 PM   #71  

Tips from my books? ... sure.
From 'Thin for Life' I have two notions that float around in my head almost constantly. Low fat and activity.
From "The Body Sculpting Bible" another two. Resistance training and cardio, both!

In the maintainers forum they've read "Thin for Life" and discussed each chapter. It's good reading.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #72  

Where'd everyone go?
Old 08-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #73  

I think Laura is on vacation but I'm still here. I've been slacking a bit on actual losses. I decided to concentrate a bit on maintaining what I've already lost thinking that I'm OK with myself now. Then I saw my belly jiggling when I walk and got back on the actual loss wagon

It's funny how psychological everything is. I left my tracker thingy at 128 even though I had lost down to about 126. Then if I gained those 2 lbs back it wasn't as if I ever really lost them. Turns out I let myself gain exactly those 2 lbs before I put the brakes back on. I've lost back down to 127 now and immediately updated my tracker. No going back now!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:33 PM   #74  

Smile Fat and Happy, but Ready to Lose!

Hey Everyone!

Miss me????

We had a GREAT vacation to the US, but I must tell you, both my mother and my mother in law cooked WONDERFUL Southern food, and LOTS of it - So we threw caution to the wind and ate and ate! Lots of wonderful veggies, but not always cooked in exactly FAT FREE ways!

However, I am happy to report that I'm only at 144 - well, that's not wonderful, but I was SCARED to get on the scale when we got back. My hubby gained some back too so MONDAY is the DAY! Our kiddos go back to school and we start our routine of diet and exercise, and those pounds BETTER COME OFF QUICK!

So, if you've been ready for some motivation, let's all get going together and see what we can do! I know I'm motivated (at least I am today, with chips and guacamole waiting in the other room) - and sometimes it's a little harder once the diet actually starts! (Understatement!)

Who's on board????

MONDAY, AUGUST 22!!!!

Laura Y
Old 08-19-2005, 08:50 PM   #75  

Hello, hello Laura! I missed you. I'm glad you're back. I'm also glad you had a nice vacation.

Last edited by srmb60; 08-21-2005 at 10:15 AM.
Closed Thread