Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 10:37 AM   #1  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

Default Diet til you Die??

Well I wasent exactly sure where to put this...but I wanted to get the maximum views for my concern.

I've been a little active here for about 3 weeks...and been on my diet for three weeks. A few days ago I woke with terrible cramps (kinda like when you get your period, but I didnt have mine). I went to the bathroom (to check) and my blood pressure dropped and the pain got worse. I began to sweat and my fiancee said my face turned white. I couldnt tell what was wrong....and slowly loosing conciousness. I took an Alieve (since thats what i take when i have my period) laid down on the floor till my strength came back.

Now this has happened to me before... usually when I have my period. Although I have NOT had it happen to me for almost EXACTLY two years. A few hours later I went and had my bloodpressure checked and it was perfectly normal. Last time this happened I was on a cruise during the 'Safty instructions'...I ended up being wisked to the infermory. the Doctor there almost took me off the boat to the hospitol, but since i came to so fast he didnt. He said it may be from lack of salt in my diet. >_<

Anyways, I doubt its my salt content (Sodium) because i have plenty of that. (Although it is an ingerdient in Alieve 'napricin'). But has anyone ever experienced this? Might anyone know what its from? The fact that it came from sucha random time scares me.

Although I am under alot of stress recently, and was 2 years ago. Maybe thats it.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:55 AM   #2  

Sensible dieting shouldn't do you any harm. I think you should go back to your doctors. As it says in my sig, you need to ask a qualified person.

Quote:
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

Although there are people here that can say, "that happened to me! it was..." or "that sounds a lot like...." there's no way they can really tell you what's wrong with you. Even a trained doctor would have to see you and run tests to determine that. Could it be stress? Yes...I had all kinds of crazy symptoms caused my stress. Dizziness, numbness in the face, terrible, ungodly clenching pains in my lower back, sharp stabbing pains in my lower abdomen, spots before my eyes. I thought I was dying, but as soon as I changed jobs (the cause of 70% of my stress) all the symptoms cleared. Does that mean stress is your problem? No, it could be something simple or it could be something that is serious and needs to be treated. You should see a doctor to get the answer.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:09 PM   #4  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

im not looking for medical advice... I was really just wondering if in a freak or if there are people who have had similar problems. I am well aware of not taking anything said here to be medically correect or so on... but this is a community, and welp, i dont really have anyone to share that type of experience with at the moment, so I brought it here, hoping i can kinda get it out and see if anyone else had similar issues when they started dieting, or anything.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've never heard of anything like that associated with dieting. However, if anyone gets ill at all from dieting, then I personally feel they're not dieting properly. Diet shouldn't mean starving oneself or making onself ill. A diet should be our daily eating routine that will enable us to lose weight gradually, just like we gained it gradually over a diet of cheeseburgers and pizza.

Medical advice or not, you really should seek medical attention. It could be a warning sign of a larger problem. But if it turns out to be dieting, then you should re-examine your diet routine.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Luna-Now you are going to get a medical opinion. I am a doctor and what you had is called "near syncope" Basically, you almost fainted. Like everyone said, there are at least a half dozen things that could have caused this from dehydration, to low blood pressure, to an irregular heart rhythm. The only way to know if it is serious or not is to see your doctor and have an approprite evaluation done. Since some of the causes of this (the heart rhythm thing) can be serious, I would encourage you to not ignore it, and go see the doctor.
Closed Thread