Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 08:47 PM   #1  

Exclamation MotivationPlease!!

These are the days that being on the atkins is so hard. Im getting frustrated because the slow amount of weight that is lost as well as inches. Im still on induction. But its crawling off. I remember last time i did this it was flying off. Im finding myself unmotivated. And really having to try really hard not to cheat today. I havet done it. But one side of me ....the + side and loving it side say well your not losing weight any way why keep trying. But the thin within is saying its ok be patient your doing the right thing. ANYone been through this and if so how do we pass it? HELP!!

lulu

Old 06-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #2  

Lulu: Hang in there. All diets, including Atkins, have periods when the weightloss slows down. I can totally relate -- I will lose one month and not the next. But I know that sticking to it works.

Are you still doing induction, or have you moved to OWL? A lot of people who have done induction for a while find that increasing their carbs by 5g per day (doing the OWL rungs), actually kickstarts their metabolism. Similarly, if you are already in OWL, perhaps a new food is causing the slow-down or you need to cut your carbs back by 5g per day.

Are you drinking all your water? It's an essential aspect of Atkins -- necessary to help flush the ketones from your body.

I HOPE that you aren't eating any of the "frankenfood" low-carb products -- such as the low-carb bars or shakes. They are KNOWN weightloss stallers. Stick with whole foods as God created them.

What kind of exercise do you do? Dr. Atkins said that if you aren't exercising, you aren't doing his program. I was pretty much stalled through November and December and in January kicked up my exercise (bought a treadmill and joined Curves) -- and the weightloss started again.

Happy low carbing!
Closed Thread