Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 10:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/193/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy advise about how my job is affecting my diet

Good morning everyone. After 2 weeks on the job a new manager was hired and she is unorganized & i've tried to help her but she refuses anyones help and all my co-workers don't like her either. All my motivation to lose weight has gone out the window. I eat when I'm upset and everyday is a struggle to go to work. I like the company and coworkers so i don't want to quit. Any advise to help would be appreciated. Thanks for being there.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:40 AM   #2  
karrier

S/C/G: 265/239/130

Height: 5'3"

Lightbulb don't let it get you down

aerodawn,

Just be yourself and do your best. I know it is very hard to stay out of things when your boss is making your job more difficult.
Try to see it from their side. The job may be too big and overwhelming right now and untill they get it straight in their minds nothing (advice, criticism etc) will be welcome. If you know you are doing your best under the circumstances you should pat yourself on the back in the knowledge that no one can do "it all ".

Keep your eye on the prize.

Karrier
Old 06-01-2005, 10:48 AM   #3  

Hey Karrier Thanks for the positive response. Yesterday she scheduled just two of us to close and do recovery yet, when she closes she has four or more people schedule. Do you think that she is trying to tell me something?

Wow! New Zealand Were you born there? aerodawn
Old 06-01-2005, 10:52 AM   #4  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

Wow, sounds almost like m old job... but I was more than willing to quit. Like said before, you just have to keep your eye on the goal. Personally I like tokeep a picture with my daily goals hanging up... right over my head, so its the first thing i see in the morning. Have a tv in your room? Well, maybe put it there? OR Get a buddy. If you can find someone here to be your buddy, maybe it'll be easier for you to tell them, and purhaps it will make you feel better, and they can reinstate your mind to reach your goal.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:12 AM   #5  

Hey LunaValkyrie After your last job did you find something better? What kind of daily goals do you make for yourself? Are you following any particular diet or exercise program? aerldawn
Old 06-01-2005, 11:17 AM   #6  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

Haha, well, I kinda lucked out. I mean i didnt get a really good job...and i got paid ALOT more at that one, but it wasent worth what they were putting me through (actually I just got a letter lastmonth asking me to come back because they liked my work). But I'm lucky, Im 22 and I just started to go back to college...so I can afford (att he time)to quit. Although now i am desparately trying to find a job

As for my own program, well, I've never dieted before. Also I only started a week ago. But Im fully loaded and have a positive mind. A few members here suggested FitDay.com to me. It basically counts the calories intake, burned, and even will tell you where your getting your nutrients from! I love it. So right now Im trying to take it pretty moderately. I've been trying to exercise everyday (good so far, but unfortunately didnt get any on monday ;_. If you'd like to buddy with me, you can make your fitday acount public and we can watch eachothers, making sure we're eating right and exercising
Old 06-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #7  

LunaValkyrie Sounds great!!!!!! I'll go checkout fitday and be watching for ya. Have a great day and talk to you later. aerodawn

GO LOSERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 06-01-2005, 08:25 PM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Sometimes there is nothing we can do about co-workers who simply can't cut it...especially when they are the supervisors and we KNOW they aren't cutting it. But you CAN do something about how it affects you. Because if you allow her problems to affect you outside of the work environment then she will be leaving an even bigger "bad" mark upon your life. One you will have to live with for years but one that won't affect her at all. Take your stresses about her out in exercise rather than in eating.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #9  

Wow Tanstaafl THANKS
Congrats!!! on losing over 100 pounds. How the heck did you do it and what keeps you motivated? Could you give me a sample menu of your day?

aerodawn
Old 06-02-2005, 10:20 AM   #10  
Blonde Bimbo

You might want my old menu. I'm over 5 months pregnant right now. I eat everything in sight. LOL Still generally the same menu, just more of it. But normally, I'd have one or two eggs in the morning (scrambled boiled or sunny side in olive oil) with a side of Special K and skim milk or whole wheat bagel with light cream cheese or whole wheat waffels with a fruit spread (like All Fruit), a slice of bacon or ham, and perhaps tomato or orange juice. Then I'd have a piece of fruit or slice of ham with swiss cheese, pretzels or nuts, or yogurt, etc. sometime before noon. For lunch, generally a salad or WW or Lean Cuisine microwaveable or a ham or turkey and swiss on whole wheat with a low sodium veggie or tomato soup. Another similar snack around 3:00 or so, then dinner would be a lean meat (skinless chicken, salmon, trout, turkey, etc.) with either a potato or wild rice and a big heaping of veggies. I'd start with a side salad if really hungry. Then have another of my snacks later if hungry before bed.

My biggest losses came though when I added daily exercise. Right now I'm only doing around 30 to 45 minutes per day, but before, I would do around 60 to 90 minutes a day for around 6 days a week.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:51 AM   #11  
singletrack chick

you can not let other people have any effect over your health, diet and fitness. i think the problem that a lot of people have with losing weight and staying in shape is that they don't put themselves first. you have to realize that you are worth it, and the job probably is not. take some time for yourself to unwind. it is so hard when you are in crappy job situation to seperate yourself from it, but you have too. you must realize that you are worth it. do for yourself. the better you feel, and the better health you are in, the less stressful the job will be anyway. don't let it get you down, and like others have said, keep your eyes on the prize. you are worth it.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:57 AM   #12  

Thanks guys and you're right I am worth it. Yesterday I had two job interviews but neither one suited me. i'm going to hang in there until the right job opportunity presents itself. congrats on your great news. when is the new bundle of joy's arrival? Is this your first? Your sample day sounds like so much food. Approximately how many calories should I have each day with exercising or not.

you guys are great and thanks for being there. aerodawn
Old 06-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #13  
Blonde Bimbo

Not my first. My first is 20, married, and ticked off that I'm having another one at 40 before she could have her first. LOL! This one's due September 23, 2-1/2 weeks before my daughter's 21st birthday.

Calories will depend upon you and your body makeup. I generally stayed around 1500 to 1600 but when I was stuck at 140, I dropped to 1300 a day. It worked, and I lost another 3 pounds that month...til I found out I'd been pregnant for over a month!

Play with your own calories and exercise til you notice your weight dropping at a steady pace. When I first started, I didn't even bother with calorie counting. I don't think I started watching calories until I was about 170 pounds, then reduced them at 150 and again at the 140 mark. At first, I just concentrated on healthy eating and was able to lose. But once I added the exercise, it doubled (perhaps even tripled) my loss. We need to eat healthy, but I think the exercise plays a bigger part in losing. Plus it helps to tone up what's there and make the appearance of smaller.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:07 PM   #14  

My husband's b-day is Sept. 25th and he's a joy to be around all the time. He goes with the flow and is always happy(even in the morning). Do you know the sex of it or don't you want to know?

Thanks for sharing your sample menu with me. I'm taking a real estate class and that's been great for my stamina. So thanks to the wonderful pleople on this site I'm turning my life around. Anyone out there want to be my buddy?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:29 PM   #15  
Blonde Bimbo

I've had 2 ultrasounds and both confirmed he's a he. That's what we were hoping for anyway. Already have a daughter and would like to try a boy. I mean, if I'm starting again at 40, I should get to pick, right? LOL
Closed Thread