Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #1  

Red face nursing buddy wanted

Hi, I have recently had my first child. I am nursing exclusively and am having a hard time losing. I am hoping someone else is nursing and we can get together...
tara
Old 05-30-2005, 10:39 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

welcome Tara! If you check the rest of the forum there is a spot called dieting with obstacles that has a sub group for pregnant and/or nursing mums where you can find others that are in the same situation as you.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:35 PM   #3  

Default Hi

Hi Tara, how are you? I am also a nursing mother. I'm nursing my second child exclusively right now. She is 5 months old. I'm finding that my appetite is HUGE so it's a struggle to lose for me as well. We are burning more calories but we're hungrier too!! I guess the key is to try to focus on eating lower calorie foods so we can eat enough to get full. Have you been following any eating plan?
Old 05-31-2005, 11:10 AM   #4  

Hey Susan,
thanks for replying. I am on Weight Watchers, though I just started today. I am not going to the meetings, just doing it myself. I have had success before, but nursing is different. Do you know if green tea is bad for the baby, it always helps me to lose.
Are you on a particular plan?
Tara
Old 06-02-2005, 12:02 AM   #5  

Default Hi Tara

I'm following WW as well. I joined online recently and I'm trying the Core plan. I am losing, although slowly, but I'm not following the Core plan as strictly as I should either. Green tea is not bad if you're nursing. If the caffeine seems to effect your little one, you can always drink decaf green tea. I usually drink 1-3 cups of tea per day and it doesn't seem to bother my baby at all. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids in general while nursing too. WW is a great plan so stick with it if you can. Also, try getting out for a walk with the baby a few times a week. That may help your weight loss too. Good luck!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:15 AM   #6  

Hey Susan,
I was reading your bio, we have a lot in common. I have used Clomid and had 5 IUI's the fifth worked, but it was a Blighted Ovum. Finally, after almost 4 years we had Baby Spencer naturally. Amazing.
I do try and walk, but the weather lately hasnt been baby friendly. Hopefully soon it will be more like summer!!!
How does the core plan work exactly? Is it better?
Tara
Old 06-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #7  

Default Hi

We certainly do have a lot in common then! I'm glad that you were able to conceive on your own. What was the reason for your infertility, if you don't mind me asking? I was told that I don't ovulate at all due to PCOS. My hubby was just fine, thank goodness. Now I think we're all done. Two is plenty for us!

I like Core better because you're not weighing everything or adding up points all day, which I found to be tedious. As long as you stick to Core foods (fruit, veggies, lean protein, etc.) you don't have to worry about portion sizes. You can also have a portion of either brown rice, WW pasta or potatoes every day. If you have both brown rice and WW pasta, you have to count points for one of these items. You can have 35 points a week of food that is not Core. There's more to it but these are the basics. I don't follow it absolutely perfectly, but I've still been losing. The weight loss has been slow, but it's easier for me to stick with long term, and that's the bottom line.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #8  

All three of my m/cs were so different that there was no explanation other than bad luck. I did have only one working O at a time, usually my left which is why I was so suprised to O from my right and have a beautiful baby this time. So I have lost two pounds since Saturday I think the morning walk is really helping it along!!!!! How are you doing?
Tara
Old 06-11-2005, 07:24 AM   #9  

Susan,
did I lose you?.?.?.?.
Closed Thread