Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 04:26 PM   #1  

Smile Hello from England

Hi All,

My name is John, I live in a small village in the UK called Derby.

I have decided that I need to loose some weight as it is long over due. I have always been considered overweight and it was never really an issue. That is until I met my partner, we have been together for five years and in that time I have put on over 98lb taking my weight to over 294lbs!!!

I am sick of being stared at and having people call me names in public places, but most of all I am sick of having my life taken away from me because I am overweight and cant do the things that others do.

I have stumbled accross this forum and found it refreshing and different and really am just looking for some support to see me through what I already know will be a difficult journey.

Thank you for reading this if anybody reads this...lol!

Any words of support or ideas on how I can ensure that this journey is successful is more than welcome.

Thank you for your time.

Jx
Old 05-29-2005, 06:04 PM   #2  

Hi John!!!! We're almost neighbours!!! (well, not quite I live near Manchester)

You'll get loads of support here, there is a UK forum, with the occasional man that drops in , Simon. In the 100lb forum which is mega friendly there are a couple of guys, frenchiepolarbear, the incredible Howie (he's got some amazing progress pics) and a few others.

Starting out is the hardest bit. These forums have given me heaps of ideas, advice and support, and something else to talk about when I am sick of watching what I eat and exercising!!!! I started out in January, I always forget my weight but I have had a good steady loss since then (see tickers below) I gained quite a bit of weight when I moved in with my partner - it just creeps on doesn't it???

Good luck in your journey and pm me any time.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:36 PM   #3  

Hi John come and join us at the UK forum if you like. We are friendly and don't bite.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:35 AM   #4  

Hi John,
I'm pretty new here too and still trying to figure things out. I am hoping to get the motivation I need to keep at it. I am sick and tired of being fat. UGH. So good luck to you and feel free to pm me. ~ Ann aka FlannelAnnie
Old 05-30-2005, 04:05 AM   #5  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Yeah, John, welcome .

Come visit us in the UK forum - as Veggie says, we don't bite - well, maybe the odd nibble .

Kind regards, Janey
Old 06-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #6  

Guys,

Can I just say a big thankyou to you all for making me feel so welcome.

I'll take the plunge and drop into the UK site as long as you all promise to not bite too hard :-)
Closed Thread