Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 09:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/193/145

Height: 5'4"

Default NEW & LOOKING FOR AN EXERCISE & DIET BUDDY

Iam 47 And Living In Paradise. After Breaking My Right Leg Roller Skating I Have Put On 50 Lbs. Ouch! Seeing It In Print Really Hits Home. I Joined A Gym Last Week & Have A Trainer Mo For Two Weeks After That I'll Be On My Own. I've Tried Ww Slim-fast Adkins And Succeeded To Lose, However I Was Younger. Would Luv To Hear From Those With Goals, Routines And Diet Suggestions. Dawn
Old 05-19-2005, 07:28 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Default Hi

Hi, I know exactally what you mean. I hurt my back a few years ago. I was on my back for almost 3 months and it was a lot longer before I could walk well. I put on a lot of weight and have had a very difficult time looseing it! I'm 54 and it just gets harder with age! I have found that WW is about the best diet, health wise, around. I really don't like the diets that limit foods. It's impossibe to stay on them for long. I just try to eat healthy. I do have a few tricks that i think help me. I always try to eat some protein at each meal. It fills you up and keeps you feeling full longer. Several small meals instead of 3 big ones. And, here's a big one, make sure you add some treats in your diet! I sit down every afternoon with a cup of tea and a couple of cookies or a piece of chocolate! I look forward to that "quiet time". reward yourself for goals meet. and set goals that you can meet! Think short term. If you want to e-mail me I am at [email protected]
Old 05-20-2005, 12:37 AM   #3  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I sympathise. I broke two bones in my left ankle and had to have them pinned and plated. I was already fat before, but lying in bed for months really didn't help.

Anyway, I've recovered and I'm now running over 5k which is something I never thought I'd be able to do as I was lying in hospital fat and in pain.
Closed Thread