Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 09:41 AM   #1  
AndreainNovaScotia

Wink new to this fourm

Hi Everyone,
I'm AndreainNovaScotia and I've visited your site for a few years' now, but this is first post....

I'm 37 years' old and have dieted my entire life...I feel ive finally made a realization in my old age...

DIETS DO NOT WORK!!!

Over the passed couple years' i've been making lifestyle changes....Started out with switching from coffee with three large cream in it to single 2% milk...you knoiw gradual changes that you can live with....toast with margerine or lite jam-not both...

My weightloss journey has and will be been a long one...but I've been down the road of ultra low cal diets, grapefruit, cabbage soup, apple cider vinegar...and i've come to realize, it's not what you eat, its how much and how often. My extra pounds didn't appear over night and i now realize that they aren't comming off overnight.

Fast weight loss for me resulted in passing out in highschool (500 cal. a day), having my gallbladder removed at 15 years old) being addicted to diet pills for 3 years, I can even remember using a diet supplement when I was 10 years' old called Aydes (can anyone else remember those)

Thanks for listening to my ramble on too!!

AndreainNovaScotia
Old 05-17-2005, 10:12 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreainnovascotia
Hi Everyone,
I'm AndreainNovaScotia and I've visited your site for a few years' now, but this is first post....

I'm 37 years' old and have dieted my entire life...I feel ive finally made a realization in my old age...

DIETS DO NOT WORK!!!

Over the passed couple years' i've been making lifestyle changes....Started out with switching from coffee with three large cream in it to single 2% milk...you knoiw gradual changes that you can live with....toast with margerine or lite jam-not both...

My weightloss journey has and will be been a long one...but I've been down the road of ultra low cal diets, grapefruit, cabbage soup, apple cider vinegar...and i've come to realize, it's not what you eat, its how much and how often. My extra pounds didn't appear over night and i now realize that they aren't comming off overnight.

Fast weight loss for me resulted in passing out in highschool (500 cal. a day), having my gallbladder removed at 15 years old) being addicted to diet pills for 3 years, I can even remember using a diet supplement when I was 10 years' old called Aydes (can anyone else remember those)

Thanks for listening to my ramble on too!!

AndreainNovaScotia
Andrea- Judging your weight loss tracker, you are doing great. I'm with you on the whole diet concept- I just have to get it through my thick scull. I trying the CURVES diet now but I really know it's gotta be a lifestyle change. Anyway keep up the good work. And good luck on your losses.

Kendra
Old 05-17-2005, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Hi Andrea,
I am new here as well though i have been coming to the site for the last 6months.I am from Nova Scotia,born and raised.I am now in Massachusetts the last 2years.I miss home,you appreciate things more when they are gone.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:58 AM   #4  
AndreainNovaScotia

TO RJ's Girl...I'm not doing the Curves diet...just something i'm doing on my own...i think you have to be able to eat all food types including M&Ms (they are actually a food group too) ha ha.

I don't believe in diets that restrict certain foods. Canada's Food Guide is my Choice...

Hey FitbyForty....It's cool to meet a fellow "down easterner". Us "Bluenoser's" have to stick together....Don't miss home too much, the weather sucks....we had Spring last Wednesday and I missed it...
Old 05-17-2005, 12:29 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Andrea, you don't mention it...are you exercising as well? Exercise can be a big part of weightloss. I followed the same plan you're on...my own. LOL I just ate healthier and in moderation. But the weight came off SO slowly that I also learned to add exercise and found ways to motivate me to stick with regular exercise. It eventually becomes kind of a routine that you do without thinking about it. Like you have to get up and go to work in the morning, you have to get up and go exercise.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:24 PM   #6  

Hi Andrea- What's the Canadian food guide like???? US food pyramid is totally not right, it says you need like 11 servings of grains? I think they need to revaluate it. LOL!

Kendra
Old 05-17-2005, 01:28 PM   #7  

Hi Almostheaven! Just read your post about exercising being something you have to make part of your daily routine- my boss just gave me the same advice the other day. I think I am truly getting the concept- now if I could just start loosing this dag on baby weight. LOL!

Kendra

CW 179
GW 145
Old 05-18-2005, 06:33 PM   #8  
AndreainNovaScotia

AinNS

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hpfb-dgpsa/on...rainbow_e.html

here's the address for Canadas Food guide if anyone is interested..just copy and paste to your address bar..

You have to use your jugementment too, which a lot of us need work on. Obviously if your like me and have a lot of weight to loose your not going to eat 12 servings a grain products daily...maybe if you're super active. and a lot of people dont realize that a bagel (like from Tim Horton's) is worth 3 servings of grain products so you really have to be aware of portion sizes too....

Almostheaven, yes I go to Curves when I can usually 2 times a week, and I have a 4 legged exercise machine named Tig (shes a Lab) and I Kayak if summer ever comes....
Old 05-25-2005, 06:10 PM   #9  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi Andrea. Just wanted to give a fellow Canadian a 'SHOUT OUT'. I love ....LOVE the east coast, been there many times. For the last few years I've been living in the states but I'm originally from Ottawa. Good luck with your weight loss, you've already done so well.
Closed Thread