Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:28 AM   #1  

Default Less than 100 pounds left to go....not getting any easier.

Hello,

I have beeen lurking on this board for about two weeks, and I have finally decided what the heck, the worse thing that could happen would be that you make a few new friends. So, here it goes. I am a 29 years young, and I have been married for almost 13 years. Yup, got married at 17! I love my husband dearly, but sometimes I would love to trade him in on a new model !! I have always had a problem with my weight pretty much my whole life, but I hit rock bottom when I lost my mother and brother. I had pretty much given up, and food was the root of my all evils. I maxed out at 402 lbs! I realized then that my mother would have been so heartbroken seeing her little girl do this to herself, and the last thing that I ever wanted to do would be to break my mothers heart. Everything in my life had changed in that one moment. I realized that no matter how dreadful my life seemed, that I was worth more than what I was allowing myself to have. The best advice my mother had ever given me was, " No matter how bad your day or your life is right now, just keep smiling because someone elses is worse, and your smile could change their life! " I now live by that advice. I now weigh 240 lbs. I made a huge lifestyle change. I still eat junk on occasions, but I have one serving not three or four, and I count each calorie that goes into my mouth. I would rather count calories than count how many pounds I have went up. I also workout everyday. Even when I do not feel like I still squeeze in atleast 30 minutes of cardio.
I am just so frusturated when it comes down to this last 60 pounds. It seems like it is never gonna happen. I have pretty much lost the weight with only the support of a couple of angels I call my mom and my brother. My husband is great, but to be honest he would rather have me bigger. So, I guess you can see I need a little encouragement from someone who knows what it is like to struggle.

Thank You,
Debbie
Old 05-16-2005, 12:30 PM   #2  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! My name is Sunshine 25 I have been married 7 years and I got married at 18!! I am sorry about your mother and brother! ((((((HUGS)))))) Well congrats on all the weight you have already lost!! Good Luck with the rest!! Don't give up you can do it!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:43 AM   #3  

Debbie
WOW, what an inspiration. YOu have done great so far!! You should be proud. Every diet plauteus (dang I spelled it wrong, LOL) but you know what I mean. Think about starting over again for the last bit of weight. Break it down into smaller amounts and go from there. Do you do Weight Watchers and count calories and not points? Keep going you can do this for yourself, your mom and your brothers.
Hugs
Lisa
WYoming
Old 05-17-2005, 07:29 PM   #4  

Thank you both for your kind words. Actually to answer a question asked, I never signed up for any weightloss programs. I just did what felt right for me, and that is counting calories, and working out 6-7 days a week for 2 hours a day. Broken down into two seperate workouts of course, I do not have enough time to devote to 2 consecutive hours. But, it has not been easy to say the least. I suffer from a disease called Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, which makes it extremely hard to lose weight. So, it has taken me about 2 years to lose the weight that I have. Sooo... again thank you both!!
Old 05-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #5  

Just wanted to peek in and say congrats on the huge loss. It does get tough but hang in there and you will get to where you want to be. BTW, I married at 19 and have been married for 32 years so the age you marry is not necessarily bad or good. Just keep the lines of communication open. My dh and I are best friends and do everything together. In fact, we are chomping at the bit to go on vacation the end of August to Vegas for 9 days. He seems to think we are going there for LUVVVVVVV but I have other things in mind! We don't need nights out with the boys or girls to fulfill us. We fulfill each other. That is not to say we don't have outside friends, but that we enjoy each other very much. You are lucky to have a spouse who will support you. So many of them don't especially if you were not 400 lbs when you married. I weighed 185 when I married and am at 325 right now having been as high as 410. Though I am 51 and obese, my husband still thinks I am vibrant and sexy and I think so too! If I can say one thing to women over and over it is, love yourself fat and you can love yourself thin. Fat women are beautiful too and should see themselves that way. No one has the right to judge you as you shouldn't judge others! Be happy with who you are and the changes you make for the good will be oh so much more satisfying! Again, congrats on the loss and good luck to you!!!!!!

Faye
Old 05-18-2005, 10:25 PM   #6  

Debbie,

If you'd like someone to email on a more personal basis I'd love to be buddies with you. First off I want to say how sorry I am for the loss of your mother and brother. I am so happy though that you took a bad situation and turned it around for good. Your mother and brother would be proud of the acomplishment you have made so far. Just look ahead, you've lost so much already what is another 60 lbs. You can do this.

I started at 260.4 on January 11 and as of last night I have got down to 228 lbs. I've struggled the past few weeks but am finally feeling good about myself again and am ready to get below that 200 mark!

So if your interested in emailing feel free to email me at jordyn1968 at hotmail.com

Take care and write if you want.

God Bless,

Anna in Ohio
Closed Thread