Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #1  
Ginger

Red face hello, im new. i need a buddy to loose 70 lbs with starting at 225lbs,

hello, im 21 yrs and 75lbs overweight. I despertatly need a buddy for support. My goal weight is to be 150lbs. I jus started WW again, and im definitly sticking with it. I excersise also on a daily basis, but seem to still be loosing weight slowly. My goal this summer is to be in a bikini.

Old 05-13-2005, 08:31 PM   #2  
Ginger

SW: 230 May 10, 2005
CW: 225 May 12, 2005
Goal: 150lbs September, 2005
Old 05-14-2005, 10:11 AM   #3  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hi, I'm probably about the same weight as you (well, a bit heavier but I'm trying to ignore that...) although I've been going a bit longer. Only just joined this site though, and I'm not on WW or any specific plan, just doing what feels good for me (which is mainly lots and lots of exercise). Oh, and I'm 26 (although it's my birthday in a couple of weeks)

Let me know if you want to chat.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:08 PM   #4  
Ginger

hello, how are you? so how did you loose your weight. Yeah i exercise my *** off. i take hydroxycut which has 200mg caffeine in each serving so im pretty hyped up all day with some to spare.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #5  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Pretty much just exercise and trying to eat lots of fresh fruit and veg. I don't eat that much junk anyway, but I've cut out most of the rubbish that I do eat and now snack on satsumas and other fruit, and have meat with veg rather than chips. It is lower calorie than I used to eat, but I'm not counting them as such, just trying to make all round healthier choices.

Oh, and exercise. I started off being able to do about 3 minutes at a time, I can now run 5km in under 35 minutes, go for 60 minutes on the cross trainer and have just started circuit training and yoga and pilates starts on Wednesday. And I actually enjoy it so it's not even a chore any more!
Old 05-14-2005, 04:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

YP1 -
Your story has made my day. I've been doing essentially the same thing, but I'm just getting started. I'm down 2 lbs so far my first week. I've been exercising every day, either circuit training at Curves (which I just joined on Wednesday) or walking on my Gazelle (did a mile in 22 minutes last night, which is an improvement for me). I haven't been counting calories or anything, just consciously watching what I'm eating and not snacking just because I'm bored. I've accepted that I am an emotional eater and am trying to slap myself on the wrist every time I open the fridge or pantry door.
I've found several online forums that help keep me focused, which I think is going to be the kicker in my success. My goal is to lose 60 lbs by next May, when hubby and I are going to Walt Disney World.

Dreams -
I hope you don't let this discourage you, but I think if you set yourself up to lose 75 lbs in 4 months, you are just going to get frustrated and perhaps give up completely. It is healthy to lose 5-8 lbs a month. You are wanting to lose almost 19 lbs a month. This isn't healthy at all, and attempting to do so may develop into an eating disorder, which is NOT the direction you want to go in. Aim for 190 by September and you will be much more likely to stick with it, then by next summer you can wear your bikini and know you are far better off overall.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:06 PM   #7  
Ginger

Lacerta, yeah i guess your right. I cant set a goal to dramatic. I figured if i gained the weight in 4 months, i can also loose it in 4 months. In jan i weighed 160. I gained so much weight since then. Im so depressed. I excersice daily. 2-4 miles moderatly on the treadmill, and some crunches/weightlifting. I hoped on the scale the other day and it said i gained weight, hopefully its jus from working out. Hey YP1, how long did it take u to drop ur pounds. I always seem to maintain or gain weight. Recently i considered get some lipo done in a year. Thats gonna cost me like $3,000. I think ima go through with it but altleast try to loose some first on my own. Have any of you considered weight loss surgery or had it??????

Old 05-15-2005, 10:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

HI Dreams,
have you been tested for Hypothyroid or anything. It sounds like there might be something chemical going on if you gained so fast and can't lose even with the excersise.
Are you watching what you are eating? I had been working out but not jouranling my food and not really giving my self a daily food limit. I wasn't pigging out or anything but it made it so I was meirly maintaining. I am now journaling everyday and doing WW, and have been consistantly losing.
Even if you don't have a chemical imbalance causeing the weight gain, a doctor could maybe help you by refering you to a nutritionist who could also help.
I'm really just saying this because I don't think its a good idea to get lipo for general weight loss. I'm not a doctor but from what I understand, lipo is more for spot treatment of problem areas. I don't really know I might be totally off. Have you visited a plastic surgen?
Keep at it,
Jennie
Old 05-16-2005, 12:50 AM   #9  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Hi Dreams. I lost about a stone from July to September last year. Then I got thrown off track and put most of bit (bar about 4lb) back on. I got back on track in mid January and I lost the rest of it since then.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:43 PM   #10  
i see the stars in me

hey guys my name is Elle, i havent been here in a really long time and its hard to keep track of everything here lol...

I do better with messengers so if anyone would like to talk via messenger add me:

aim- eyg3507
yahoo- meweird2002
Old 05-18-2005, 04:42 PM   #11  

Hi Dreams.

I have about the same to lose. I am sitting around 225 right now, and if I could get to 160 I'd be thrilled! I am 42 year old mother of two and Grandmother of two. I had a heart attack two years ago and suffer from high blood pressure. I need to lose weight for medical reasons certainly, but also just for me! I want to feel better about myself. I want to play with the grandkids and be around long enough to see them grow and marry....

My husband is a skinny fellow who doesn't mind me being big, but he wants me to be healthy so he will be supportive.

I have started mild exercises this week and plan to start walking or biking daily. Have to get my bike fixed this weekend.

I have a gym membership through work, but I haven't spent much time there. It's at a college and being around buff college kids working out is depressing. I think I might ask for one of the exercise dvd's for my birthday coming up. I might be more successful if I can do the exercises at home, but I need guidance, and I need to be able to stop for a few minutes if I need to! I don't have the money to join special programs or buy a lot of special food. I really just want to eat well and exercise to lose the weight.

I'm also on depo-provera which tends to add weight / make it difficult to lose. I am going to talk to the doc about other options.

I really want to get healthy. For me, it also involves quitting smoking, and I stop that on Monday. That will be a huge challenge for me as well. I went 10 days without after my heart attack, but as soon as I was around smokers againg - I started back up.
I hope to replace my urge to smoke with exercise. If I want a cigarette, I am going to go for a quick walk around the building.

I am willing to be a support buddy for someone. I have a good ear for listening, a strong shoulder if someone needs it, and I need the same in return.

~birdie
Oh - WHERE DO YOU FIND THE WEIGHT LOSS TICKERS?
Old 05-18-2005, 05:21 PM   #12  
It is what it is...

Hi all !! I am a 31 year old married female ( no kids yet ), I currently weigh 199 and am trying to get down to 135, so about 64 pounds to go, as you can see from my weight loss ticker I used to be around 258 so I have came a long way !!! I have done it all through WW points system, and I have not really exercised ( bad me ) ... would be willing to be a buddy!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 10:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Songbirdie -

Click Here for instructions on adding a ticker.

Welcome to the forums and a healthier way of life. Kudos to you for being ready to give up smoking. Stick with it, it will add years to your time with your grandchildren, as well as being a positive influence on them.

To everyone -
Something I saw in another forum today that really made an impact:
"Being a successful loser isn't about perfection, its about improvement" Keep that in mind if you find you've cheated on exercise or eating on plan. Its never too late to get back on target. If you aim for perfection, you will quickly get frustrated, but anyone can improve, every single day of their life.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:39 AM   #14  
In seek of MOTIVATION!

Hello. I don't have a buddy and I am new to this. I am just starting my weight loss program and I am 23 years old. I need to loose 75-80 pounds to be back to my perfect weight. I weigh 220 right and i hate it! I have always been smaller but I got diagnosed with a Thyroid problem and every since its been miserable. I need some good people to help get me motivated!!! Can you help ?
Kristin
Old 05-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #15  
I'm lovin my scale

Default i'll be a buddy

Hi all,

We all seem to be in about the same place. I mayself am hovering around 205, but we'll se what the scale says on monday. I'm using weightwatchers to keep track of what i eat and i walk around 90 minutes a day six days a week with some yoga and pilates thrown in. I've lost around 30lbs since the first of the year, but i've only been actively working at is for about six weeks now and i've lost close to 20lbs in that time. I've got about 30 lbs to go until i reach my goal weight, though i will be doing a serious happy dance when i hit 1anything. I hope things are going well for all of you. Have a great weekend
Closed Thread