Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 03:56 PM   #1  
Jumping on the WL Train!

Default Happy Housewife Hoping to be Hottie Housewife!

Hi Everyone!

I'm a 22 year old housewife, hoping to lose some weight and gain control of my life while still in my early 20's!

My story: I was very active in high school and weighed 120 at my highest. After graduation, I quit all my activity (no more sports at all) btu didn't change my eating habbits, this brought me into my 20's weighing 241 pounds! (As of this morning when I felt the urge to weigh myself!)

I'm embarassed at my weight! I feel horrible for my husband, although I know he loves me and has never said anyhting about my weight, I feel bad that he's so young with a wife that's so HUGE!!!

I'm finally ready to admit I have a problem, seek out help and change my life!! So today I was searching around the internet for weight loss plans (not sure what would work for me!) and I found this site!! I think it would be great to have a support site to visit! Although I'm still not sure what road I'll take, I know I'm wanting to lose 120 pounds!! (But my mini goal is to lose 6!! I figure working towards a mini goal will be much easier than just focusing on a big number!)

I can't wait to get involved with this site! (Beware, I'm a message board addict!)
Old 05-12-2005, 04:48 PM   #2  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Hi Happy Housewife... we have the same initials! I just joined, too. You sound so much like me! It's weird... I was very, very thin in high school and college too, without much worrying about my weight ever (I also smoked back then so I think that helped - but I'd rather be fat than dead ). I'm now up to 212 and have been between 204-215 for the past 2 years, since having my daughter. My highest weight when pregnant was 221 so it's hardly an improvement over being pregnant! My DH is 6'0 and only weighs 155lbs, so I feel like I could roll onto him and crush him in the night! He's also such a sweetie about it, has never mentioned my weight being a problem, but is totally supportive in my efforts to lose.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #3  
Jumping on the WL Train!

Heather,
Thank you for the warm welcome! Congratulations on being 2 pounds down!!

What are you doing to lose weight? Are you changing your diet hugely? What kind of exercising are you doing?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:56 PM   #4  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Happy, WELCOME!! This really is a great site for motivation and a great place to vent!! I have around 70 lbs. to lose and I know I can do it!! And so can you!! I have been counting calories and I exercise everyday, cardio & weights. I just started about 3 weeks ago and I have already lost 21lbs. woohoo!! I'm here to help and support if you need me. Again, welcome and GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 10:40 PM   #5  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Housewife
What are you doing to lose weight? Are you changing your diet hugely? What kind of exercising are you doing?
Hey there HH, I am only on day #3 of phase 1 of south beach. The first two days I thought I was going to die, but today is somewhat better. It is a huge change from my normal eating pattern, but calorically (is that word?! ) not all that different... I normally would eat cereal, lots of fruits, and maybe a few slices of whole wheat bread per week at most, and tracked everything I ate on fitday.com but the weight never budged at all. I've been tested for multiple possible medical disorders that might cause this, but it was all negative - which on one hand is good news, but at the same time makes it all the more frustrating!

Do you have a 'game plan' in mind yet? I think SB will be good for me because I do tend to get low blood sugar at times, and all 4 of my grandparents had adult-onset diabetes.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:33 AM   #6  
Jumping on the WL Train!

I haven't done much looking into South Beach! Mainly because I just can't afford the book right now *sigh* but I am hoping to gain some knowledge here!
Closed Thread