Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 09:22 PM   #1  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Wink I'm New too! Hello, hello.

Hi! I just joined today. I came across this site while researching PCOS. I don't think I have PCOS, but am on South Beach and it mentioned it being a cause of infertility, which I am suffering from. This site seems really cool and I'm so excited about it.

BTW, only on day #2 of SB so I'm still a bit cranky... I keep hearing the first 3 days are the worst.

Hello!
Old 05-12-2005, 01:08 AM   #2  

Hi there! Good luck on your weight loss journey! I'm not on South beach but good luck with it! I'm from Indiana too and have infertility issues so we do have that in common! Glad you found this site and I hope SB works for you!

AmberM
Old 06-16-2005, 09:13 PM   #3  
trying my best!

Welcome!
I'm from Indiana also. (NW Indiana)
Old 06-16-2005, 09:23 PM   #4  

Smile Who knew there were so many Hoosiers here?

I am also from Indiana (south central).

Also, I believe I'm suffering from PCOS. I say I believe because my so-called doctor never told me my diagnosis. He just put me on birth control and sent me on my way. It was the nurse who was doing the ultrasound that mentioned PCOS to me. I looked it up and it sure looks like what I've got. I like to blame my weight gain on that, but I know my overeating and lack of exercise have something to do with it.

Anyways, my weight loss journey will begin next Wednesday. It unofficially began yesterday, but I want to get a few fitness videos and that has to wait until payday.

Toodles for now,
Christine
Old 06-16-2005, 11:26 PM   #5  

Welcome all you new chicks!
HoosierHeather-- So you're a Miss CrankyPants too Yeah, the first 3 days are tough, but consider it a Detox cleansing and your body telling you that its getting healthy...I was cranky and had a nagging headache for the first 5 -6 days, but it was a phenomenal break thru...I just ended my 3rd week on SBD and I aint nevah lookin back !

GOOD LUCK LADIES
Old 06-17-2005, 07:11 AM   #6  
LOSING TO LIVE LONGER!

HI HEATHER AND WELCOME!

I am 34 and married. I have one daughter through fertility treatmeants. I too have PCOS in combination with slightly high b.p., inferitility, recurrent miscarriages, and insulin resistance. I started my new way of eating just over 2 months ago because my doc told me I was prediabetic and if I didnt lose weight I would end up on meds for the rest of my life. I came home that day and started my low carb, low sat. fat diet in the middle of the day.
It can be done! I feel so much better and I am even starting to enjoy exercise. That is something I couldve never imagined 47lbs ago! I have a long way to go and I too am hoping to make some great new friends along the way. You too can do it and the weight loss can only help with PCOS symptoms and your fertility issues. It may not be the cure all but it will only put you in a better place. I wish you lots of success in your new way of eating. You're on the right track! If you ever need support feel free to write. I'm new here too so may not know my way around the forums real well yet but I can be a great support buddy.

Kim

Closed Thread