Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 01:18 PM   #1  

Smile 30 with 30 to loose

Hi all. I'm about to turn 30 and need to loose 30. I'm married and have two children. I never had an issue with weight until I gave birth to my second son late 2003. Ever since I have been stuck at my current weight. I have tried South Beach and it worked for awhile but then I hit a plateau. I ended up with some stress in my life and starting eating carbs again and put everything back on quicker then I took it off. I have 5 months before I turn 30 and don't want to be fat for my b-day. I'm thinking about doing CURVES at home. Anybody had success with the CURVES meal plan and exercise? HELP!!!!

Kendra
CW-180
GW-145 or size 9-10
Old 05-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #2  

I'm new too but I'm gonna welcome you anyway! My step-grandaughter is useing a modified curve program under a doctors supervision. She is only 9 years old.. We don't have a curves close to me.. I kinda live in the sticks.. no gym in my town at all but that's no excuse for me not to get off my tail and at least walk! I remember 30 was a motivational year for me.. I lost from a size 20 to a 9 the year I turned 30.. but alas.. now I'm 45 and in a 22!! Holy Moly I've got to get busy!!
Good luck to you and I'll look forward to getting to know you!!
Hugs!
dona
Old 05-13-2005, 12:29 PM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Kendra, I was reading your post too. I too didn't have a weight problem until my second...IT got worse with the 3rd child too. I did WW for awhile and lost 21 lbs. I plateaued on that and went to SB. I lost an additional 9 lbs. When I started on Phase 2, I started having alot more stress at home. My mom got diagnosed with uterine cancer, dh was having a hard time at work, and the kids were just being horrible. I started back in on the carbs and gained back some weight again.

If you find out any info about the Curves plan, let me know. I'm curious to see what it's all about too. I have about 40 lbs I want to lose still. I've made it almost halfway to my goal and then I just pooped out. What's up with that? I've been reading lots of posts and it looks like its an epidemic...everyone is struggling. I usually post on the RA & OA thread and on Mom's losing weight thread but everyone is posting less and less and my support is disappearing. I don't have friends around my home so I was using this site for my weight loss support.

~chris
Old 05-13-2005, 01:41 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies,

I just posted a few below you and was looking for a buddy also. I can tell you about Curves though. I used to work there for two years. Actually, it's how I lost a lot of my weight when I intially wanted to lose weight. Then when my fiance died, I gave up on everything and gained it back. I thought I'd explain that so you didn't think Curves does not work! Here goes my experience with it....
You have to be dedicated and push yourself. I really recommend going four times a week at least. They push for three, but I think four to five is a bit better. The one thing you have to be conscious of is that you work out hard when you get there. Sometimes, it gets easy to slack off a bit. I really liked it though.

The meal plan. I'm still a little undecided on that. I modified it a bit. It's a little too much on the protein, no carbs. I liked the shakes in the morning or for a snack. I recommend using sugar free jell-o to spice up the vanilla shakes. Otherwise, I'd incorporate a few more carbs so it's not so strick. That's just me though.

All in all. I really like the place. It's close and a lot of fun women go there. Okay, I've said enough. Good luck to all!

E
Old 05-13-2005, 03:18 PM   #5  

Thanks for the info on CURVES. Today is exactly 5 months until my 30th and since it's a Friday I want to start fresh on Monday. I guess I'll have to eat my last plate of pasta this weekend. LOL! Anyway I'm going to try the CURVES diet and exercise plan. I just finished the CURVES book (I bought it at TARGET for $9) and I feel motivated. Have you tried the Low-Carb Slimfast shakes? I think those are the ones I'm going to go with.

Kendra
Old 05-13-2005, 03:20 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrily
Kendra, I was reading your post too. I too didn't have a weight problem until my second...IT got worse with the 3rd child too. I did WW for awhile and lost 21 lbs. I plateaued on that and went to SB. I lost an additional 9 lbs. When I started on Phase 2, I started having alot more stress at home. My mom got diagnosed with uterine cancer, dh was having a hard time at work, and the kids were just being horrible. I started back in on the carbs and gained back some weight again.

If you find out any info about the Curves plan, let me know. I'm curious to see what it's all about too. I have about 40 lbs I want to lose still. I've made it almost halfway to my goal and then I just pooped out. What's up with that? I've been reading lots of posts and it looks like its an epidemic...everyone is struggling. I usually post on the RA & OA thread and on Mom's losing weight thread but everyone is posting less and less and my support is disappearing. I don't have friends around my home so I was using this site for my weight loss support.

~chris
Chris- Thanks for responding. What is the Mom's post like?

Kendra
Old 05-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dona
I'm new too but I'm gonna welcome you anyway! My step-grandaughter is useing a modified curve program under a doctors supervision. She is only 9 years old.. We don't have a curves close to me.. I kinda live in the sticks.. no gym in my town at all but that's no excuse for me not to get off my tail and at least walk! I remember 30 was a motivational year for me.. I lost from a size 20 to a 9 the year I turned 30.. but alas.. now I'm 45 and in a 22!! Holy Moly I've got to get busy!!
Good luck to you and I'll look forward to getting to know you!!
Hugs!
dona

Donna- Thanks for responding. Are you participating in any kind of weight loss program right now? Size 20 to a 9, how did you do it? Just curious.

Kendra
Old 05-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay..Kendra...the mom's thread used to be really good with lots of members but most have strayed away and there isn't much going on with it. This thread here seems like a good one. Mind if I stay around?

E-How would you do Curves if you were me? I was thinking we had a curves for women around here but it the Circuit. I try to keep my exercising around the home area because frankly...rather vain or not...I am totally embarrassed by my body. I am so self conscious about how I look. What's the Curves meal plan like. Shakes in the morning...Ummm, that sounds yummy! It wouldn't bother me to take in a little extra protein. I seem to have a problem with the carbs. Once I eat a little, it keeps escalating...until I'm eating alot.

Must go and try to figure out what to do with the steaks I have unthawed. Hmmmm?????

~chris
Old 05-16-2005, 09:57 AM   #9  

Hi Chris- Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm trying to stay positive with this weight loss thing but I know how you feel.

I started the CURVES diet today. For breakfast I had a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a half cup of strawberries. For mid morning I am drinking or eating rather (I froze it) a Slim-Fast Lo Carb shake. For lunch a green salad w/lo cal salad dressing and a hamburger no bun with yellow mustard. Mid afternoon snack 2 Rykrisp crackers with veg cream cheese. Dinner Chicken breast broiled. Stir fried Vegetables.

Keep trying to exercise. Your doing great according to your weight loss line. I can't figure out how to get mine to come up on this.

Kendra
Old 05-16-2005, 10:39 AM   #10  

Smile

Hey Kendra!

We live about 15 minutes away from each other! I live in White Marsh, MD. It is such a small world.
Now, about your Curves question, I use to belong to another all women gym call Dynamic Women, but I tried a larger co-ed gym and became more motivated. Trust me when I say that going into the co-ed gym at 402 lbs. was extremely intimidating, but all that I got was enocouragement. To my surprise, I wasn't the largest person there! But, just getting up and moving is what counts so, wearever you go I am sure that if you stick with it you will do great!!!!
Old 05-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #11  

HI! It is a small world. It's sad but the thing I love about White Marsh is all the restaurants so close by. I love coming down there and going to Don Pablos.

Anyway I have started walking 1 mile and a 1/2 and lunch time and then trying to do some other kind of cardio at night. I am not motivated very much for the workout after work. With having small children, a husband, and all the everyday chores at home plus working full time by 6pm I am dead to the world. However, I am determined to loose all this baby weight.

Thanks for the note of encouragement and anytime you want to chat leave a post. I hope your staying motivated with the postive attitude.

Kendra
Old 05-16-2005, 03:10 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrily
Okay..Kendra...the mom's thread used to be really good with lots of members but most have strayed away and there isn't much going on with it. This thread here seems like a good one. Mind if I stay around?

E-How would you do Curves if you were me? I was thinking we had a curves for women around here but it the Circuit. I try to keep my exercising around the home area because frankly...rather vain or not...I am totally embarrassed by my body. I am so self conscious about how I look. What's the Curves meal plan like. Shakes in the morning...Ummm, that sounds yummy! It wouldn't bother me to take in a little extra protein. I seem to have a problem with the carbs. Once I eat a little, it keeps escalating...until I'm eating alot.

Must go and try to figure out what to do with the steaks I have unthawed. Hmmmm?????

~chris

Hey Chris, I figured it out!
Closed Thread