Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 08:08 AM   #1  

Talking New here!!

Hi everyone.. im Lisa and i am 31 years old and i am looking to lose 25 pounds.. i am currently 165 and i want to get down to 140... i have had 2 surgeries since january and that has been holding me up on my mission.. but i am about ready now.. i am almost recovered from my second surgery.. so, does anyone have any ideas for me on how to lose this weight? i have tried the atkins diet, it work but it REALLY bothered my stomach so i had to stop it.. i am opened to any and all suggestions... thank all and i look forward to getting to know all of you....
Old 05-06-2005, 09:01 AM   #2  

Smile

Hi Lisa,
I'm new too, just joined the board yesterday. Looks like we have the same amount of weight to lose. I have been on Jenny Craig since February and have lost 21 lbs so far. (my start weight was 171.7) I have really been enjoying this way of eating... and have made friends with excersize You didn't say what type of surgery you had...is it ok with your doc for you to start a diet yet?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:23 AM   #3  

i had a tubal reversal 2 weeks ago.. my dr would like me to lose weight as well.. i started to loose but than i quit smoking and i gained.. it was worth it though to me to gain instead of smoking.. .. welcome to the board and congrads to u on your weight lose.. keep up the excellent work.. if i can help let me know.. im here for ya.. good luck to u and i hope to hear from you again...
Old 05-06-2005, 09:26 AM   #4  

awww..is that your dog? i have a 2 year old male that weighs 1 and a half pounds...
Old 05-06-2005, 09:31 AM   #5  

Talking

Congratulations on quitting smoking I quit almost 9 years ago and it was the hardest thing I ever did But soooo worth it! I gained 15lbs back then and was overweight to begin with, since then I have had a baby and my weight has been up and down mostly up But I think I have found a way to lose the excess weight and keep it off. Best of luck to you! And I am here for support when you need it...I check the boards everyday Mon-Fri.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #6  

I found that pic in the aviatar section, where you change your profile etc...I thougt he was pretty cute! I actually have a miniature pinscher (my hubby's dog) he weighs about 6.5 lbs LOL tiny thing! He has to go in for surgery next week, he has a fatty tumor on his chest...nothing too bad, but my husband is a nervous wreck! That is his "other" baby
Old 05-06-2005, 09:44 AM   #7  

Welcome to both of you! I just started this week also. This is a good place to be for support.
Closed Thread