Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 12:18 AM   #1  
My aim? To be a loser...

Talking Over 100# to go....Buddy, where are you?!

Hey all! I'm new to this site & have never used a message board/forum before. I'm 40 years old with over 100# to lose before it kills me! I want to find some others who have a large amount of weight to lose & would like to share support & friendship. I'm a registered nurse & want to do more than tell my patients how to be healthy.....I want to be the example! Like my father always said, "If you don't have your health, you don't have anything." How true! A million bucks might help me right about now, but if I drop dead because my heart decides it can't drag around this massive carcus, then what good will that money do? I have a beautiful son & wonderful husband to consider, too. Now's the time to get in gear & make it happen. So, anyone who has a positive attitude & wants to be motivated together, please let me know. Like I said......my aim is to be a BIG LOSER! Who's with me?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:33 AM   #2  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Hun!!.. welcome.. this is a great site.. I'm sure you will find many friends here.. I too have about 130lbs to loose.. you should check out this thread.. I started it here in the buddy section.. it was called "need to lose 130 lbs looking for a partner in crime".. I met some wonderful people and we decided to start our own group called PIC for Partners in crime.. you can go to the support groups of this site and look under PIC.. or here is the link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...7&page=8&pp=15 good luck.. hope to see you there..
Old 05-06-2005, 05:02 PM   #3  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and welcome!! I also have lots to lose!! Good Luck with your weight loss!! You can do it!
Old 05-08-2005, 11:59 AM   #4  

HI ! Im definately a newbie. We both are trying to lost about the same amout of weight. Im 5'5 and weigh 257 so I here with ya sister! I have 3 kids im just shy of being 30. So its been the time for me to lose weight a long time ago. I have been on low carb since over a year. But for about 4 months total in the past year i have gone astray. This is my second week of starting over . I had lost 65 I had gained back almost 30 Ive lost 10 this week so here we go! Good Luck to YOU!!
Old 05-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #5  

Howdy,
I am not new to message boards but new to this one. Yes, I need to lose weight!!

I also have PSOC. I could never have children but was blessed when I adopted my daughter in September 2003. She is now 5. Although I need to do this for me, I want her to be a part of my motivation. She deserves a mommy to be healthy and happy.

My weight has never been a big issue for me. I still am very active but I have gained 60lbs in the last 3 years and really don't feel right. I need to lose a total of 100lbs. I have some health issues with the PSOC and astma but I know when I exercise I am happier and healtier. My sister whose weight was always a factor decided 5 years ago to have weight loss surgery. I know that option is not for me. Now her weight is out of control but the other way.

I have done WW in the past and have been sucessful on it. I am not sure I want to do WW again because I honestly believe I know how to eat healthy. I just have to get my mind set together. It is hard because although I love my husband dearly, he does most of the food preperation in our home because of work schedules. His idea of dinner is meat, potatoes, and tons of them. Now with summer coming up, we will use the grill more but more importantly, we can exercise more. I want to include him but I know he won't exercise with me but that is ok because my daughter would love to walk with me or ride bikes.

So today is a new start with me.
Lisa
Wyoming
Old 05-09-2005, 08:17 PM   #6  
My aim? To be a loser...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_WY
Howdy,
I am not new to message boards but new to this one. Yes, I need to lose weight!!

I also have PSOC. I could never have children but was blessed when I adopted my daughter in September 2003. She is now 5. Although I need to do this for me, I want her to be a part of my motivation. She deserves a mommy to be healthy and happy.

My weight has never been a big issue for me. I still am very active but I have gained 60lbs in the last 3 years and really don't feel right. I need to lose a total of 100lbs. I have some health issues with the PSOC and astma but I know when I exercise I am happier and healtier. My sister whose weight was always a factor decided 5 years ago to have weight loss surgery. I know that option is not for me. Now her weight is out of control but the other way.

I have done WW in the past and have been sucessful on it. I am not sure I want to do WW again because I honestly believe I know how to eat healthy. I just have to get my mind set together. It is hard because although I love my husband dearly, he does most of the food preperation in our home because of work schedules. His idea of dinner is meat, potatoes, and tons of them. Now with summer coming up, we will use the grill more but more importantly, we can exercise more. I want to include him but I know he won't exercise with me but that is ok because my daughter would love to walk with me or ride bikes.

So today is a new start with me.
Lisa
Wyoming
Hello Lisa.....

Thanks for writing! Our lives sound somewhat similar. I was fortunate enough to have seen a great doctor in Pittsburgh at Magee Womens Hospital in Reproductive Endocrinology who helped me, through medication and a little bit of timing, have my son who is going to be 9 years old on September 11th. He's the only child I had & feel blessed beyond belief to have been able to bring him into the world. I, too, considered adoption after 4 rounds of medications & testing.....in fact, I was going to meetings at Northeast Ohio Adoption Agency while I was pregnant as I did not know I indeed WAS pregnant. I was about 9 weeks along when I found out. But, I truly was prepared to find a child who needed me & your daughter is soooooooo lucky to have YOU! Yes, I want to get in shape for my son's sake as you do for your little girl's. My husband also does the cooking (he's a chef & I've probably cooked a total of about 3 times for him). I'm embarrassed to cook after watching him whip up a gourmet meal with ease & enjoyment. And, he loves to use tons of butter in EVRYTHING. I am going to have a hard time, but I have been keeping myself on track thus far. I'd like to share stories & support if you would like? Please tell my more about yourself, if so. I'm an apple shape...if only my middle matched my legs & arms, I'd be in good shape. I am from a large family of big people who love to eat.....I'm the eldest of 5 children & we are very close in age & physically (we all have our own families now & only live about 3 miles apart from each other, including my mom--my father is deceased). Okay, well, write back if you would like & maybe we can help each other along the way. Take care & thanks again!
Old 05-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #7  

Thanks for the response. Not sure how the maze of this message board works. LOL I joined the Partners in Crime group. I have decided although I know the old WW, I have decided to try it again. I go to my first meeting on Saturday or tomorrow night, not sure which one I am going to go to. Hubby is all for helping me with better meal choices at dinner. I did go today during lunch an buy some food for my office. WE have a microwave but with summer coming up, I reallly don't want frozen dinner so I bought some ham and turkey and some carrots, apples and bannas. I did really well today, drank my water and even exercised. Mallissa rode her bike and I walked up the big hill. Ended up having to push her part of the way up. LOL She is a very active child and does gymnastics 5 hours a week. She is almost at level 3 and would of made the team if she was a year older. She has a late bday and is still in preschool but has classes 2 hours a week and open gym for 3 hours a week. She also does swimming and ballet. We keep her active.

I have to call the YMCA and find out when swimming lessons are during the week so she can do that and I can exercise. I know I have some time on the weekends so I probably will walk during the week and go to teh gym on the weekends. We have a wonderful YMCA and my membership is paid for so I should use it.

Well, it is late for me. I need to go to bed. Thanks for the response. Glad you were able to get pg...I am glad I was blessed with my daughter. At 36, I thought I never would celebrate Mother's Day and what a special day it was.
Closed Thread