Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:38 AM   #1  

Default Needing a Friend

Hi, I'm new here and desperate!! I will be 50 next month and I have a huge amount of weight to lose. I forced myself to get on the scale this morning and I'm at 320lbs, a new record! I am sick and tired of being the fattest person wherever I go, I want to be able to control my eating and do some of the 'normal' things in life like being able to walk more than a few yards without getting out of breath, I want to fit into an airplane seat without having to ask for a seat belt extension and I want to be able to get up and dance without feeling everyone is looking at me!! I want these things so badly yet I can't control my eating, I want to eat ALL the time. As soon as I've eaten one thing I'm thinking about what I can eat next. I spend the entire day eating now, I say to myself I'll eat all this today and tomorrow I'll start my diet, but tomorrow never comes. I can eat unbelievable amounts, it's just pure gluttony!! I'm so ashamed of myself but still I do it. Can there possibly be somebody else out there that can understand what I'm going through, if so, please, please help me, I need a friend badly.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:46 AM   #2  

dizzylizzy - My name is Lisa and I understand. I would stuff myself with ice cream and oreos every night. I did'nt eat regular meals I ate sweets all the time.

I joined curves last week and I'm trying to eat healthy. You have to take it one day at a time. You did'nt gain the weight overnight and it is not going to come off overnight but IT WILL COME OFF.

Look under support groups for PIC (partners in crime) that is where I go and there are alot of supportive ladies there. But even if you don't go there you will find a home somewhere here where you feel comfortable just look around and don't give up on yourself. You are worth it.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #3  
Project Down-Sizing !!

DizzyLizzy ~ I can fully understand what you are going through. A few years ago I weighed 320 lbs. Fortunately I was able to loss a lot of weight, but over the years it has crept back on. At the time I lost I only dealt with the eating side of obesity... now I am trying to conquer the mental side of it.. and let me tell you that is hard.

Like MOMX3, I also post on the Partners in Crime support group. We would love to have you join us. It is a great group, we support one another, talk about good and bad times, and laugh !!

Good luck on your journey.. just know that you don't have to do it alone !
Old 05-04-2005, 04:04 PM   #4  

I too know what you're going through I am 350 and boy do I know what you mean. I am also one of those who always wants to wait till tomorrow, but ya know if we keep at it there isn't going to be a tomorrow so I have decided that I need to do this and I need to do it now! don't think about it as if you're depriving yourself of food think as if all this time you have been depriving yourself of being happy, leading a normal healthy life. That's what I'm focusing on being healthy.

MoonRay
Old 05-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #5  

Hi Momx3, ClipClop and MoonRay, Thank you! I've never done this 'message board' thing before, not really sure how to do it all or even if this is the correct way to do it, we'll see what happens, ha ha. I know I have to make a go of it this this time because I'm just getting bigger and bigger!! This is just my first day of trying to eat less and it's hard going, I was doing fine drinking my water but then I had something to eat and since then I just want to eat all the time. I think I'm obsessed with food, cooking it, eating it, reading about it, even watching it on tv the food network is my favourite channel!! It's nice to know there are other people 'out there' who know what it's like. Thank you for making me feel welcome here!!
Closed Thread