Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 09:57 PM   #1  

Default Hi, Newbie here

I was impressed with the motivation of the forumers here and i thought hey i can do it too. I have alot to lose and i am new...please share tips and what kind of diet and exercises for a newbie like me....thanks

Old 04-10-2005, 10:15 AM   #2  

hello and welcome
you CAN do it!
tips...join a support group in the support forum. there are lots to choose from. i've only been here a few days but i love it already.
as far as exercise goes...find something you love to do. the more you enjoy it the longer you'll stick with it. start out slow so you don't overdo it. if you can't do it for long periods of time, break it up into smaller times. 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there, another 10 minutes in the evening. or something like that. somedays i do my cardio in the morning and strength in the evening, sometimes i flip flop it.
as far as diet is concerned, think long term. you'll have to be able to follow a specific plan for life. you can't just lose the weight and then go back eating whatever, you know? find something you can do for the long term. (of course, don't ask me what that is, because i'm not sure yet )
wishing you lots of success!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 10:11 PM   #3  

Hello!
I'm new too, just registered today.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:34 PM   #4  

Default New here and looking for encouragement too!

I'm also searching for something that I can stick with long term. I would love to share ideas, stories and triumphs! My goal is losing 100 pounds so I have a long way to go. I have lost 80lbs in the past but as soon as I went back to my old eating habits it came back on.. plus 20lbs or 30lbs. I am ready to make this a life long thing but could really use some encouragement.
Closed Thread