Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 09:12 PM   #1  

Smile New here great forum...

I've been lurking here for a few months, havn't seen many guys here but figured I would post anyway... I'm 27 and started dieting seriously in January, I think I never understood how the whole calorie counting thing worked but now that I do I seem to look at everything before I even think of eating it. The weight started to come off fast but I am now starting to level out and losing about 2 - 3 pounds a week... I think as I lose more it will get tougher but I think we are prepared... Oyh yeah my wife has been doing this with me she doesn't have as much to lose maybe 45lbs but we seem to keep each other going, which is great. Days when she feels that she is slipping I encourage here and vice versa... Well just thought I would say hi and I hope to maybe provide something to the community. I love to cook and have modified alot of my old high fat high calorie recipes for my new lower fat lower calorie lifestyle... Thanks to the moderators for providing such a great forum...
David
Charlotte, NC
Old 04-07-2005, 11:43 PM   #2  
SLOWLY MELTING AWAY!

S/C/G: 199/168.4/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Welcome, I hope enjoy your time hear and remember were all here to help each other!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #3  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! I am a newbie!! Looks like you are doing great on your weight loss!! Keep it up!!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #4  
stbakd

welcome tigger. ineed to 120 and iam i diabetic. glen
Old 04-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #5  

welcome
it's good that your wife is doing this along with you. misery loves company, ya know
Old 04-10-2005, 01:00 AM   #6  

Thank you all for the warm welcome...

as I said before this is a great community
Old 04-10-2005, 01:14 AM   #7  

Well, it becomes a bit better everytime some new joins in!

One thing about the starting post. In it, you say you are "only" losing 2-3 pounds a week. Why the "only"? 2-3 pounds a week is great! 1-2 pounds a week might be even better. In that range, you are more likely to actually be losing fat, as opposed to water and muscle. Fat is your body's store again a famine, and it really doesn't want to let go of it easily. It is very, very hard to lose more than 1-2 pounds of it a week.

You've already made great progress. Don't let some preconcieved idea of a "good" losing rate make you think you not doing fine!
Old 04-10-2005, 03:42 AM   #8  
ONE DAY AT A TIME

Hey David, just remember slow and steady wins the race...I've been at this for 15 months, i think its better for you if it comes off that way. It will be easier to keep it off. Remember your changing your habbits for life not just dieting. If your dieting and you think there is an end, you'll be back in the same boat that you started in....Good luck in your journey.. I'm glad you and your wife can do this together. Wish my husband would join me, he could stand to lose about 40 lbs. Andrea
Closed Thread