Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 05:27 AM   #1  

Default Newbie

Hi,
I have come onto this site a few times over the last two days. Love it already.
I needed someone to encourage me to lose weight. The first thing that I thought was "forum". And I found a few but book marked this one.
I am a mother of 3 children. I put on weight after my second child and I'v tried to lose some of it over the years. I guess by trying methods that didn't work. Years ago I went to a dietician. (sp?) and for a while I stuck to a good healthy way of eating. I soon turned to my old ways though. I think it was due to having no support. My husband tells me I'm perfect the way I am. Buys me chocolate all the time, and grizzles when I start putting healthier food in the fridge. Well I finally told him that I am miserable the way I am. I don't want to die young and I want my kids to learn healthy eating habits instead of the slack unhealthy meals we have lived on over the past couple of years.
So I am turning to this website for ideas and support. So far I have read heaps of helpful info.
This is my first week of healthy eating. Finding it hard at the moment. Graving chocolate so eating an apple or banana instead. its only Tuesday. Tell me it gets easier cause so far it feels like forever. lol
I know I can do this.
Well thats where I'm at. I look forward to getting to know some of you on here.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #2  
SLOWLY MELTING AWAY!

S/C/G: 199/168.4/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi there, I think I can relate to you! This is my first day dieting, well perhaps I shouldn't say dieting, its more like healthy eating. I joined weight watchers yesterday and well started the flex point plan today. My My is it so hard when you know you can't have it.
I myself have 2 children and we were also enjoying not all that healthy meals and I would like to increase the healthy foods intake for myself and my children. But I also need encouraging! So drop a line back to me and tell me what you think, maybe we could be buddies!
Old 04-05-2005, 11:59 PM   #3  

Hey Jenny,
Thanks for the replying.
Sounds like you are on the right track.
I'v never been to weight watchers. Maybe I should go to something like that for support as well.
I bought myself a pedometer to encourage myself to do the "10 000 steps a day." In my job I do well beyond that, so i discovered today wearing it. And I walk 20 minutes to drop my youngest off to school and 20 minutes back. So exercise isn't the problem. I am thinking about doing a bit of weight training, that might help.
Once you get all the bad stuff out of the cupboards its easier. But for me it doesn't stop the gravings. Argh.
Well its time to start making tea so I better get off here for a while.
It will be great to message on here instead of reaching for something unhealthy to eat. This will be the first place I turn to. Keep in touch.
YOU CAN DO IT.
Closed Thread