Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 02:29 PM   #1  
Thin-2-Bee

Default New Girl Needs Help!!!

Hi, I'm new to the web-site and love it.
Having a severe problem with sweets and eliminating them from my diet. I work in an area of high stress which requires alot of candy. I do fine at home but at work I am obessed with over consumption of candy...
I really needs alot of support espeically while here at work.
Can anyone help me?
Old 03-31-2005, 08:54 PM   #2  
Thin-2-Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkredondo
You are not alone. I have that problem too!

Once I stopped at the health food store ON MY WAY TO WORK to get yummy healthy snacks and ended up eating all of them in one day.
I guess discipline is the key word here.
I AM looking forward to hearing what others recommend.

Thanks for your post and GOOD LUCK with this problem!!!!!

It helps so much to know that I'm not the only one who can eat sugar all day long. Sometimes it is so hard at work because it is everywhere I turn. You are so right about having discipline, one thing I lack, that and control. If I could just talk myself out of it but sometimes that makes the craving worse. This week I went to desprate measures...There was only one peanut butter/chocolate egg that was calling my name, trying to find some will-power I picked it up, SMASHED it and threw it in the trash. That really helped!!! But I think the others thought I wasted a perfectly good candy egg and I kinda thought that also!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 12:26 PM   #3  
stbakd

try switching to raw veggies or something else heathy.eating all that sugar contributes to diabetes. glen
Old 04-02-2005, 10:24 PM   #4  
Thin-2-Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkredondo
that was a great story landraland. i could totally relate. i bought a LARGE dark choclate candy bar (an expensive one) and after eating 3 squares found out that each square had 15 grams of fat. After this discovery the next day I began to eat additional squares and really began to get worried about eating the rest of the bar so I threw it away in the trash.
Though it was a waste of money ---hopefully, i've learned my lesson not to buy it in the first place.

yesterday, thanks to your post, I didn't eat any candy. I had a sweet coffee in the afternoon but it was a miracle that i didn't eat candy.

i'm going to try again today ---i brought 3 small carbonated water bottles to work today and will drink one each time i feel like i can hardly resist.
I think the carbonation kinda helps because i end up feeling a little full ---even though its just air in my belly. If I drink a diet drink I'll still get that sugar taste--better to avoid altogether, that's why I chose water.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DISCIPLINE!!!!!! YOU'VE GOT THE POWER. KEEP WORKING WITH IT. I don't know about you but I've had a lifetime of not being disciplined so to change this lifelong habit is going to take persistence and a lot of kindness and understanding toward myself.
Congrats on having such control, knowing that I helped someone else makes me kinda inspired myself.
Great story also, I'm glad that someone else actually have stories about chocolate and overcoming its rath...
I will also try the carbonated H20, sounds like a great idea. And also THANK YOU so much for the words of encouragement, its funny how someone you don't know at all can help you so much! I really appreciate it! Good luck to you also, you can do it!!!
Closed Thread