Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 05:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Exclamation This doesn't belong here...but...

I have no idea where to put it. (The ladies are welcome to move it for me...just let me know where so I don't lose it! )

I was just curious...for those of you who have lost a lot of weight or have had children---and have stretch marks---do you ever wear a 2 piece bathing suit again? I mean, will the stretch marks deminish as I lose weight and tone up through weight training?

Okay, the fact that I probably won't even WEAR a two piece is moot...but I'm just saying...what if
Old 03-27-2005, 05:36 PM   #2  
ONE DAY AT A TIME

New to this web-site, I know what you mean about the strech marks, I'm afraid mine are here to stay. I still have a way to go.I think the only way to get rid of them is plastic surgery.(scary) Good luck on your adventure, maybe we will meet again around the block.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:12 AM   #3  

See, that's just it. Surgery is not an option (can't afford it, not comfortable doing it). That's why I am trying to put so much emphasis with 1)losing weight slowly steadily and 2) toning muscle as I lose weight so I won't have a FLAB of skin. KWIM? (know what I mean)

Have you noticed that weightloss websites offer everything BUT a discussion on that? I was researching workout routines online yesterday and spent a lot of time on the Body for Life website. Sure, I got lots of great tips and a lot of before and after pictures...but I didn't see a stretch mark one. And I was looking too! :LOL: I was hoping to find a woman who had stretch marks before and after. I was *this* close to my computer screen searching. I didn't find one. Which...leads me to believe that even if they did have them, you couldn't see them unless you were up close and personal?

One can hope, of course...
Old 03-28-2005, 09:12 AM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Actually, irony of ironies, I JUST bought my first 2-piece. I was finally within just a couple pounds of my goal and tried one on and realized it was working for me now. I'd gotten my tummy flat enough to be able to do that. However, because of the loose skin and stretch marks, I opted for bottoms that are a little more high waisted and not low cut bikinis. The higher waist hides the stretch marks and loose skin effectively and I can wear my 2-piece.

Well...I could have anyway. Cept I found out I was pregnant the week I bought it. Sheesh!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:14 AM   #5  

LOL...well, pregnancy is a good thing, right? At least now you know how to eat properly so you can lose any excess pregnancy weight you gain.

Congratulations!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:33 AM   #6  
Support soccer in the USA

Frugal-This has been on my mind a lot lately too. I don't have children but I DO have stretch marks and I've been wondering about ways to get rid of them too. I mean, not ALL stretch marks are here to stay, right??
Old 03-28-2005, 01:36 PM   #7  

I've read that you can use cocoa butter lotion to DIMINISH them...but I think that's about as best as you can do, unforunately. Luckily, I DO have children, so I can call them 'badges of honor'...LOL
Old 03-28-2005, 05:23 PM   #8  

I know that Strivectin is supposed to be great on stretch marks. I know you can buy it online at most department stores...

hth,
Autumn
Old 03-28-2005, 08:34 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

I've tried the cocoa butter route, the Dr. Palmer's stretch mark cocoa butter lotion, the expensive scar creams that are said to help reduce the appearance. And frankly....not a one of them are worth a damn. But I started tanning, and that helped to reduce the appearance a "slight" bit. I just relegate myself to knowing I'll have them. Thankfully, they're mostly in places that won't be seen. They're a bit on my thighs, but with the tanning, you have to be fairly close to see them, so I no longer wear the skirted bikini bottoms. LOL
Old 03-29-2005, 09:50 AM   #10  

I figured the creams weren't all that...just stupid claims, actually. Tanning works, huh? Chances are, I'll just wear clothes that cover up the areas that I have stretch marks, so like I said the discussion is moot. I am just curious as to how people handle it.

Thanks for your replies~
Old 03-29-2005, 10:12 AM   #11  

I think slow and steady toning works- I don't have kids, but I gained a lot (30 lbs) in a year and got stretch marks, plus the stretch marks that never truely went away from puberty...

I've noticed that my stretch marks seem to be sinking in, if that makes any sense- kinda like a dimple, where I lost the fastest (my thighs). The stretch marks on my hips and bust just seem to be getting lighter in color, since I'm losing slower from those areas.

and I, too, just bought my first bikini this winter- I wore it for the first time March 14th, 2005!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:31 AM   #12  
one more time

Good for you on the bikini!! Congrats!
Old 03-29-2005, 12:29 PM   #13  

Congratulations! I bet it felt great!
Closed Thread