Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #1  
Marnie

Cool Just joined...wanted to say hi

Hi everyone!
I just joined this community today and am looking forward to get to know many of you. I live in Alberta, Canada, I'm a WAHM of two young boys, I'm coming up to my 35th birthday in April and I started the Body for Life program two days ago. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I was a chubby kid and preteen then I joined a weight loss program at 16 and lost too much weight and became unhealthy. I gained alot of weight again when I graduated from high school because my parents divorced and I had a nasty split up with my best friend that left my alone and devastated. I gained fifty pounds that first summer out of high school and was so ashamed that I dropped out of university after the first semester, and never returned.
For the last 10 years I've been able to keep my weight pretty consistant (I lost that 50 pounds by no means of dieting, I was just a happier person) and I know that I'm not really overweight by much (about 15 lbs) but that fat person inside me is the one who is always looking back in the mirror.
This past Christmas a dream came true for me. I've always loved to dance and have a talent for it but was never able to pursue it as a teen because of my weight. Well, I was chosen as one of the newest members of a professional dance team called Canadian Showgirls. My problem? I'm dancing with 11 other girls who are 10 years younger than me, have never had kids, and have dancer bodies (I need alot of toning and about 15lbs of weight loss to get into the costumes without being self conscience about my appearance). I'm ready to give this all I've got because I want to feel like I fit in as a dancer and this is the first time in my life that I think I've got a realistic shot at it.
Whew, this was a lot longer than I thought it would be. I'd love to get your support and in return I'll offer mine. A weight loss buddy would be wonderful too!
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me! I'm looking forward to alot more posting!
Old 03-19-2005, 01:41 AM   #2  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Hello and welcome to the board!

This sounds like a great opportunity for you! Good luck in reaching the toning and weight goal, I don't know much to dancing myself, but I'm sure that with regular and specific exercising, it will go alright
Closed Thread