Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 10:48 PM   #16  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hey Deanne!

I am so bummed...I just wrote a reply to your last post and poof it disappeared! It was one of those moments that makes you go WHAT JUST HAPPENED! Not that I wrote you a novel...but I was getting ready to post it. Well that just goes with my theme for the day! STRESS CITY. Nothing major, just one of those days when you know that you better just go to bed and hope that the next day is a better one. Just little annoying things happening in the air today! Grrrr.....and it is not PMS! ha

Anyway, because of the stress vibe--I have to admit I felt tempted to be bad. Althoug I think I pulled myself together okay. I only splurged on a single serving of m&m cookies with my kids...so in the end I didn't have but a third of one serving. It is kind of convenient to say hey kids--lets split this little bag of cookies--so you don't eat the whole thing yourself. And it was only a single serving bag--so not that big a deal. But I was feeling the pull that sometimes causes me to want to emotionally eat. I had to slap myself to wake-up. Well I didn't really slap myself--but I was having some self-talks with the little devil inside that likes to sometimes tempt me. Okay....I am over it. Geez!

I think WW is great. I still use what I learn from it--and still look at points when I am trying something new for the first time. Its a good plan--and pretty easy to follow. It's worth checking out. If you have any questions let me know. I still have my points books.

I am not sure of our time difference. I am on the eastern timezone--so how many hours ahead are you?

I am going to go write a paper for my class now. Hope you are having a good day, when you read this!

Buono note (good night in Italiano!)
Old 03-15-2005, 11:26 PM   #17  
One day at a time!

Hey Deanne,

While I am thinking about it--I thought I would mention another site I like to visit for cool food info....its at www.hungry-girl.com. I read about it in a magazine and subscribe to their email list that sends daily food info. It's kind of cool. Check it out if you get a chance!

Okay...back to work!
Old 03-16-2005, 04:37 AM   #18  
Movin' right along...

Hey girl! Today is a much better day for me. I'm looking at it as a "start over". I do still feel like I want to sleep so much but hopefully the depressed phase will move on soon. Its hard to pull myself out of it. Being bipolar is defenitly making this a challenge. I'll be fine though.

I'm going to wait until Friday(payday) to do the weight watchers thing. Did you go to the meetings and stuff? I will have to do the online version. I'm wondering if its as effective. How does the whole thing work? I know you have points for your food. I read that you get extra food points for activity points.

Anyway, I think that you're 8 hours behind me, not totally sure. My mom is on central and my dad is on eastern but I never ask what time it is there.

How is everything? What do you do to get yourself back on the wagon when you fall off?? How much have you lost?

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-16-2005, 04:40 AM   #19  
Movin' right along...

Oh...I saw that website on 3fatchicks the other day...I love it! Its got awesome reviews of the foods.

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-16-2005, 01:39 PM   #20  
One day at a time!

Hi there!

I am glad that today is going better for you. Do you take medication that helps you? From what little I know about bipolar--that is a key in remaining stable that you can't go without. Hang in there--don't think for a minute that it means you can't reach your goal! I understand you will have tough days--but whatever happens just dust yourself off and keep yourself thinking about the vision of the "new you". That's what I do all the time--visualize the new me. I try to tell myself I feel like a godess already! Ha ha. Well maybe not a godess--but I do feel a lot better when I am doing the right thing. Know what I mean?

I do believe that WW is one of the most effective plans out there. I have read a lot of studies from different souces (like Consumer Reports that doesn't favor one diet over another) and they all seem to report the highest success for long term with the WW plan. My mother has kept 40 pounds off for more than 2 years now following WW. I am so proud of her! She has inspired me to keep pushing ahead, without being judgemental of the fact that I just hadn't found the right timing to make it all work in the past. I did attend meetings and had a great leader who had kept off 80 pounds for over 10 years! Boy that was inspiring! She always started the meetings showing her "fluffy butt" photo--thats what she called it. It is great to attend meetings...but I know that isn't an option for you. It is based on the points system--with all foods having points assigned to them. Depending on your weight you will get a set amount of points to eat every day. You can eat whatever you choose, so long as you stay within the point range. Plus, you get extra points to use any time in the week--to have a little something special. So basically, I am still using what I learned (with my special weekend meal) and I pay attention to the points--but I know what I can eat now. It really does help to follow the plan and be honest with what you put in your mouth. The activity points come after a couple weeks of joining--and allowed you to add a few points for so many minutes of exercise. If you decide to join let me know what you think of the online plan.

As far as how I get back on the wagon--well I'll admit because I tend to be so self-critical and get that feeling "if I can't be perfect I might as well be really bad". That is so hard to pull myself away from when I have the moments. So if I feel the urge I try to have gum handy or something minty I can pop in my mouth. Or maybe I journal what I am feeling--because usually its stress or emotions that are pulling me to the food monster. But if I do fall, I just try to look at each day as a new one. Besides, if you have lost any weight--one bad day is not going to bring back all the pounds.

So far I have lost 7 pounds--but I don't really do my official weigh in until Sundays. Hopefully that number will be less this week!

Well girl, tell me how you are doing! What kinds of things do you do where you live to stay busy? Do you have regular TV? Just wondered. I have no idea what it would be like to be where you are--but am very curoius. Do tell!

Chat w/ you more soon!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #21  
One day at a time!

One little question...

How did you get that picture to show up of you and your hubby under your user name? I still haven't figured that out.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:33 PM   #22  
Movin' right along...

CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS!!!

Hey girl...It was great to hear from you! I love having someone to support me through all of this. I too can be very self critical so it helps having someone to help me with that. Just think...one day, we'll be on the "maintaners" forum. Thats a nice thought. Today has been pretty good. Its about 10pm here and I'm going to go to bed soon. I stayed at about 1200 calories today. Not bad.

One of our roommates decided to leave after only being here for 2 months. I think thats so stupid. This is tax free money in a beautiful country. Anyway, he told us that he was going to mess up his room since the company wouldnt pay for his ticket home. I dont blame them by the way. He scrubbed the floors and everything so we thought he was just joking. Then, tonight an hour before he was supposed to leave for the airport, i smelled paint and heard loud music in his room. He had already moved all of his stuff out so I thought this was weird. So, I knocked on the door and saw black and red paint all over the walls. It said some BAD stuff. He sprayed paint all over the bed, furniture, AC, curtains and door. I told him I was going to get my husband to call the Project Manager. So, he hauled a** out of here with his luggage. Nic and I went in there and even found a box shaped model of his room that planned everything he was doing to the room. It even had coordinates for the tiles on the floor. There was trash all over the room and the matress was ripped open. There should be a lawsuit on him by the time he gets back home.

Anyway, sorry to go on and on. Things other than that are going well. I walked for a while today and feel better because of it. I do have meds that Im on to treat the bipolar but I dont feel that they are working as well as they should. I plan to go to a doctor soon.

Which plan on ww were you on? Core or Flex? I'm not sure which to go on. The flex plan is probably better because it seems more convenient for people that dont cook as much. I've done alot of research into which plan will be best. I dont believe in fad diets at all. I think WW will benefit me not only now but later in life.

Tv here is pretty good. Nics company got us 2 satalites. We get shows from the states but they're a little behind the times. We have CSI, 24, NYPD Blue, Law & Order, Friends, One tree hill, The OC, etc. Its not too bad. You can buy dvds here with 5-6 movies on them for $7. Of course, they're copies but just as good as the real thing. When a movie comes out in the states, I guess the people go in the theatres and video tape it then copy them. It takes us about a week after the movies come out in theatres there to get them on dvd. I got entire seasons of CSI, Friends, Sex and the City, and other shows on one dvd. Illegal Im sure but we dont have much over here. I buy them so that I can stay up in our room and watch. We live with 3 other people so the tv is taken most of the time. Plus, our room is huge and I have my exercise stuff in here.

As far as getting out of the house. We go to the beach alot. We have 3 malls here. One of them is 4 stories and even has an ice skating rink in it. The hotels have bars in them so we go drink sometimes. There are also lagoons all over so you can get jet skiies and go to different islands and stuff. Its pretty cool. .

Ok, one of the roommates needs to use the phone. Ill get back online in a few.

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #23  
Movin' right along...

Wow...that was long. I forgot to tell you. To put the picture on there...go to User CP and then on the edit avatar. You can upload your own or choose from the 3fatchicks avatars.

Love,
D
Old 03-16-2005, 03:08 PM   #24  
One day at a time!

Hey Deanne!

Wow, your roommate went nuts! You are right that does sound like a major lawsuit. What the heck was he thinking?

It sounds really cool where you live--nothing like what I imagine. You know, all I have to go on is what I see on the news. And that is all bad stuff. I know what its like to feel isolated--after I lived in Europe for 2 years with no instant connection back home. And I didn't have a PC back then, so that must help some.

It sounds like you still get to watch a lot of the good shows and movies. I love movies. I watch them as quick as they hit my local blockbuster. And for the really big ones I might go to the theater. Plus I do love reality shows...like American Idol. I guess you don't get that over there? I love to sing--and I get a kick out of watching them on the show. Me and my husband actually have professional karaoke/DJ equipment and occassionally host shows at local bars/restaurants. We call it "Croakee Karaoke & DJ Baldy". By the way, I am not the bald one! I guess you figured that! LOL

As far as the core and flex plan, I did the flex. They just came out with core--but that is more restrictive I think. You can only eat certain foods and it reminds me of Atkins or South Beach. I like to be able to eat what I want, and not concern myself with food combinations. I love the flex plan though.

To hear about the beach--that sounds so awesome. I used to live by Lake Michigan when I was a kid--and would spend hours on the beach. I miss walking on the sand. Oh well--now I have to settle on the local pools. At least I can get to water! I went nuts last night and ordered 3 pairs of sandals from HSN. They are butella burkenstock--and are supposed to be really comfy. I can't wait to try them out. First thing, the cold air has to leave! Soon I hope!

Well chicky, I have to get back to biz. What do you think about starting a new group in the Support Groups forum that I mentioned on the other thread that I saw you on? I said we could call it Curvy Vixens or something. Just a thought. I enjoy chatting and the motivation from connecting with others. Speaking of which, I am glad we started chatting--you have been the only one that has been faithful to replying and that has helped! Know what I mean!?

Have a great day/night!
Old 03-16-2005, 04:22 PM   #25  
Movin' right along...

Hey chicka...its midnight here and im not even close to getting any sleep. The roommate called my husbands cell from the cell that he stole from me and cussed me out. He wanted my husband to tell the project manager that he was sorry. So, I said no and that it was his responsibilty not ours. He didnt like that too much. So, he cussed me out. Oh well.

I miss my birkenstocks so much. I left them in the States with my Mom. I have too many shoes as it is. Half of which, I dont even wear.

I joined WW online a few minutes ago. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Have a great day!!

Love,
Deanne

btw, a thread on the support forum sounds great!
Old 03-17-2005, 12:51 PM   #26  
One day at a time!

Hey Deanne!

Happy St. Paddys day! Not that I am Irish or wearing green!

How are you doing today? Sounds like the old roommate is looney! Good thing he was leaving and you won't have to deal with him! Do you live with just men? Just curious how that is setup. Do you ever miss being in the States? I loved living abroad--but I sure missed a lot of things too!

How is WW going? Have you figured some things out? What do you think of it?

I did my swim/water aerobics last night. I am turning into a fish or a duck--something like that! ya right! I do like the water though. I like the fact that I feel weightless--like I am light as a feather!

Okay--I am going to start a thread on the support forum for more to join us. I think I will call it Curvy Vixens. I like the sound of that. Alrighty chicky!
Old 03-17-2005, 01:28 PM   #27  
Movin' right along...

Hey chicka...So far so good on WW. I love it. I thought that I wouldnt get enough food with only 22 points but now It turns out I have to eat one more thing before I go to bed to get up to 22.

Thank God my house has one less person in it.
We have 2 other roommates now that are both men. They're very respectful of us and our stuff so they don't bother me. One of them is even having his wife come out here. It'll be nice to have another female to hang out with. She is from the Dominican and doesn't know a whole lot of English. So, her husband wants me to help her with that. We have had several different roommates and this is the second villa that we're in. The villa is amazing though. Its 5 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, 4 bathrooms, a pool in the compound, garden. All of the houses and compounds have cement walls around them. It gives alot of privacy. The compound has a brick road in it and waterfalls built all around. I love it here!! All the roofs are flat here too so you can hang out up there. We have alot of plants and chairs and stuff up there.

Anyway, enough about that. How is your day so far? Are you in good spirits? Is your husband dieting as well? I looked for the new thread but couldnt find it. When are you going to start it? Let me know.

Tell me some more about where you live and stuff!

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-17-2005, 10:21 PM   #28  
One day at a time!

Hi Deanne!

Wow, the place you live sounds nice--like a little paradise! I live in small town New Carlisle--which some would call this little town a redneck neighborhood--if I am being completely honest. Not that it is dumpy at all. It's just simple and friendly. We bought this 3 bedroom ranch almost 3 years ago. I actually know my neighbors! Imagine that! And people around here tend to help each other and don't complain about every little thing. So I am pretty happy with that aspect. Ohio isn't known for much--and I don't have much exciting things to describe. But I do have a little bar I go to called "Gators"--its my "Cheers" bar. I know all the regulars. Although I call myself the "irregular regular"--because I only go about once a month, unlike all the other people who go every weekend. It's a simple karaoke bar attached to a Ramada hotel. I like it because everyone is friendly and I always have a good time there.

I am feeling sleepy at the moment--usually I am not tired till really late. I think my lack of sleep this week is starting to catch up with me. But I have to wait to wake up my husband so he can go to work at midnight at least. Usually not a problem--since I tend to stay up till 1 or 2. During the week me and my husband are like passing ships between work and activities. But since he is a truck driver, the fact I get to see him as often as I do is a blessing. He is always home on weekends too--so that isn't bad at all. As far as him dieting--he would never consider himself dieting. But he doesn't eat a lot of junk food, never has. Except he likes Lays potato chips occassionally. And he doesn't eat sweets much either. He just has a good metabolism. Although he started trying to quit smoking and he is worried he will put some pounds on--so I think he is trying to think twice about eating things like fried foods. Luckily, he is pretty supportive of me--and if I ask he will help me with eating a healthy meal. This week I have been working late--and he has actually been making dinner for me to eat when I get home. Not that he always does this--but he must have taken some kind of pill that has him acting like the perfect husband this week! Kind of makes me wonder what happened to my real husband. Because he is a gemini--and can sometimes be the complete opposite--all grouchy and stuff. I guess we all have our moments! I think I am blabbing too much from being too tired--you know sometimes your mind just wanders when you feel too sleepy and you feel like you just don't make sense. That is me at the moment!

Well chickee--I guess I better go before I snooze on the keyboard! Tomorrow is a new day--and it is Friday. Yeah! Always a good thing in my book!
Closed Thread