Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 02:16 PM   #1  

Default Wanted: A support buddy

Hello, My name is Heather and I have an eating problem.
There. I said it. Just like millions of other people, I made that New Year's resolution to lose the weight. I'm 28 and unfortunately have spent most of my mid-twenties overweight. I'm at 235 right now and I've lost 8 lbs in about a month's time. I don't have kids, so I can't say that's how I gained weight. I'm an emotional eater and I have a dangerous love affair with chocolate, sweets, etc. I've been exercising 5-6 times per week for the past month. However, I'm looking for some support. Especially for those times of the month when my cravings bring out the devil in me

I'm tired of not being able to go to the normal size section of the department stores. I'm tired of not wanting my pictures taken, and if I do, then I only want it from the waste up. I'm tired of not being able to go to my hometown area for fear of someone seeing me. I used to be a size 9/10 and was very happy with that. My weight loss goal is to be about 155 (I'm 5'7).

If someone out there could provide me some support during this weight loss journey, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:23 PM   #2  

Hi Heather,
I am new here as well and would love to be your buddy. I have most of the same concerns as you. Just thought you might like to know you're not alone. I'll pm ya

Cindi
Old 02-13-2005, 02:33 PM   #3  

Welcome Hollybelle, you'll get lots of support here. I am an emotional eater as well, I love my chocolate, cakes, crisps etc, but in six weeks I have been working on changing my relationship with food, and so far, so good. You won't believe how supportive and caring everyone here is, we'll all be cheering you on!
Old 02-13-2005, 02:39 PM   #4  

Thumbs up Hey - we're all in this together

Hollybelle - Just remember that there are so many of us who struggle with weight issues. Remember that we're all here to support and help one another. My husband and I have found the South Beach diet to work the best (and believe me, we've tried many). Although it is hard at times, we are starting to see results and that does help to continue on. Remember that you are 8 lbs. lighter than you were so that is clearly an accomplishment. Our daughter gets married this summer and we have vowed to walk down that isle feeling our best. While it may seem that you're stuggling alone, try to keep it all in perspective. All the weight did not go on in a short time and it will not come off in a short time - it's a work in progress.

Hang in there. Be strong. You can do it.
Granny M
Old 02-13-2005, 04:18 PM   #5  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up Hi Heather..

Hi Heather...Im right there with you girl...This is a wonderful place for support...Im new here too!! I just finished my 1st week on SouthBeach...
You've got mail!!
Selena
Old 02-13-2005, 04:53 PM   #6  

Thanks so much for the support. I'm a high maintenance kind of gal when it comes to losing weight and I really do appreciate all of the kind replies. I've been looking for a good weight loss support forum and Eureka!!! It looks like I've finally found it.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:20 AM   #7  
Debbie

Hi Hollybelle ! Just wanted to say good luck and keep your chin up. It'll come off, slowly but surely. There really is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:39 PM   #8  

Hollybelle - I would love to buddy up!!! It sounds like you and I are almost in the same boat! I'm 29 (will be 30 in July) and weigh 230 lbs as of this morning! My weight high was 234 lbs. I'm 5'5" and have an 8 year old daughter. -And the child didn't cause the weight loss! I was a size 8 before my stomach started getting big with pregnancy and after she was born I was back in a size 10 two weeks after. It took a little longer for the swelling to go out of my stomach after she was born but I did go back to a size 8 for about a year before I changed my relationship with food and started packing on the pounds. I didn't really notice I was gaining. I remember suddenly being at 170 and size 14/16 or so and in shock, surprise and horror! And I've added a couple pounds here and there over the years to get where I am now. In 2002, I got down to 192. So I know from that a little of what it takes and before I got to a size 8, I was around 170 then. So I've lost weight before. And I need a buddy too! I'm really good some days and bad others!

And I totally know what you mean about the clothes! It's so disgusting, isn't it? And I also hate the way some people react to me now. I used to be a size 8!!! And when I'd fix up to go out, I would turn almost every head in the room. Now hardly anyone notices me! I can't complain too much though - I have a very handsome, very sweet boyfriend that I've dated for a little over 2 years. And he loves me even if I don't love the way I look right now. thank goodness. We all need that.

Just let me know! - I'd love to have someone to go through this with! Maybe we can get a few people together and have a really great support group!

Stephanie
Old 02-17-2005, 05:54 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scnorris2001
Hollybelle - I would love to buddy up!!! It sounds like you and I are almost in the same boat! I'm 29 (will be 30 in July) and weigh 230 lbs as of this morning! My weight high was 234 lbs. I'm 5'5" and have an 8 year old daughter. -And the child didn't cause the weight loss! I was a size 8 before my stomach started getting big with pregnancy and after she was born I was back in a size 10 two weeks after. It took a little longer for the swelling to go out of my stomach after she was born but I did go back to a size 8 for about a year before I changed my relationship with food and started packing on the pounds. I didn't really notice I was gaining. I remember suddenly being at 170 and size 14/16 or so and in shock, surprise and horror! And I've added a couple pounds here and there over the years to get where I am now. In 2002, I got down to 192. So I know from that a little of what it takes and before I got to a size 8, I was around 170 then. So I've lost weight before. And I need a buddy too! I'm really good some days and bad others!

And I totally know what you mean about the clothes! It's so disgusting, isn't it? And I also hate the way some people react to me now. I used to be a size 8!!! And when I'd fix up to go out, I would turn almost every head in the room. Now hardly anyone notices me! I can't complain too much though - I have a very handsome, very sweet boyfriend that I've dated for a little over 2 years. And he loves me even if I don't love the way I look right now. thank goodness. We all need that.

Just let me know! - I'd love to have someone to go through this with! Maybe we can get a few people together and have a really great support group!

Stephanie
Stephanie- This was like reading my life story

I'm 29 (30 in September) with a 7 year old who turns 8 this year. I'm also 5'5" and hit an all time high of 248 just a couple of weeks ago (major wake up call). I got down to 180 a few years ago, but then I moved to a new state to live with my boyfriend (now husband) and packed everything I lost back on plus 20 extra.

I have to recommend the moms losing weight threads in the support group section. They are such nice people and really made a newbie like me feel welcome right off.
Closed Thread