Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #1  
Maria-Paz

Question Metformin Anyone?

Hi everybody,

New to this forum. I have been reading the postings and it seems most of the people that takes a IR medicine have had better results with the Glucophage than the Metformin. I have been taking Metformin for 2 weeks 500 mg twice a day (I haven't been able to take more than 500 mg a day) and I would like to know if anybody has found it helpful to lose weight and control appetite.

MP
Old 08-05-2005, 01:07 AM   #2  

MP,

Are you still taking Metformin? I just came from my fertility doctor today with the advice to begin taking it. I am almost 37 and I have one child - a 6 1/2 year old daughter. I gained something like 40 pounds just in less than 3 years, without realizing it. I honestly thought there was a problem with my clothes dryer.

I start taking Metformin tomorrow. It would be so great to have a buddy.

mamagaea
Old 08-05-2005, 12:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

I've been on Met for about three months now and was on it for a year in 03/04 until I conceived my ds. Are you taking met because you have PCOS or because of diabetes? I take it for PCOS and it works wonderfully for me.
Closed Thread