Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #1  

Default Need a buddy!!

Hey there,
I'm looking for a buddy! I'm 25 yrs old and we live in Alaska . I have 105lbs to drop and we'd like to start TTC when I get some of this weight down. I have restarted my diet on South Beach. I need some support, and maybe a kick in the butt.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:16 PM   #2  

Hi Amanda,

I too am looking for a buddy. Im 27 yrs old. I live in BC, Canada. I have about 40 pounds to drop, but seem to be having a hard time with it. I am just counting calories right now and keeping a food journal. I don't seem to have much luck with actual diets.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:52 AM   #3  
Binge Eater

Hi guys!
I'm Lisa and I need to lose 59lbs. I'm 27, 5'6 and the mother of an 8 year old son. I would love to buddy up with someone who can give me that much needed kick in the rear to keep going in this weight loss journey!Right now I'm also counting calories and keeping a journey because I suck with diets too,so just message me or e-mail me at *******************

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 01-24-2005 at 10:49 AM. Reason: removed email address - not a good idea!
Old 01-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #4  

Hi there to Amanda, Krissyp77 and Jhiraqua- I'm just new today and wanting a buddy (or buddies) to help encourage me. My name is Trish and I have 30 pounds to lose. I'm also trying to figure out how these posts/threads/support groups work - so I guess I'll just check back here later on this thread and see if any of you have written back.

Old 01-24-2005, 02:26 PM   #5  

Hi Ladies,
Yes Trish these threads are a bit confusing to me as well. Im fine with chatting with the 4 of us, or finding a buddy either way would still be of help to me anyway.
What do you ladies do, work, school, stay at home?
Lisa they cut out your email...i dont know why but that sucks. Anyway drop a line back here, and let me know what you ladies what to do.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:42 PM   #6  

Hi Krissy, Amanda and Lisa-
I'm in far north Wisconsin, so it looks like 3 out of 4 of us are in the upper latitudes. I'm 53 - and work at a church. My two daughters are grown.

Since this is the first day of my diet, I'm in a bad mood...but I guess that shows how much I have depended lately on eating for other reasons than hunger. I exercised on an elliptical trainer today for 22 minutes and have been good about eating well. (But I'm still in a bad mood knowing I can't just gnosh on whatever!)

I lost weight in the past on South Beach, and then was doing well on a modified approach to that - then just fell off the wagon and didn't seem to care. I found 3FC because on another website, I saw the cute weight gauge on someone's signature, and so went to this website and registered.

How can I be helpful to you, Krissy, Amanda and Lisa? I'm impressed by the intermediate goals a couple of you have set. Good idea!

Trish
Old 01-25-2005, 12:16 PM   #7  

Default Can I join too ?

Hi everyone,
I'm new here too, and would love to have a few buddies for support and of course that much needed kick in the butt when I slack off I'm 29 have 3 kids (6,5,4), and live in BC. I started with Herbal Magic in August. I've lost 21.5 lbs so far and my goal weight with them is 175 by May, but I'd love to be 150 by then as my 9 yr anniversary is on May 19, and I want to show off!

I think that's a quick run down of me. Can't wait to get to know you all

Tina
Old 01-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #8  

Hi Tina,

Welcome...Im in BC too!! My goal weight is 150 as well. Its just a number, but i figure its an acheivable goal and it would feel great to say..i weight 150lbs!!!

Im not familiar with Herbal Magic??? Could you please explain what it is.

Trish- Don't worry it will get better. I remember being grumpy the first few days as well. Especially when my Fiance is sitting on the couch munching on chips and i just have to sit there and listen to him. crunch, crunch, crunch....it was sooo annoying.
Ok ive vented....lol
Old 01-25-2005, 06:35 PM   #9  

Hi Tina - and Thread Buddies -

And welcome to Tina!

Today is definitely better - good, healthy meals and I just did 25 minutes on the elliptical. YAY! Not too much else to report. I'm about to make a big teapot of boiling water, and put it in a pump thermos I've got. Then I'll make several cups of herbal tea during the evening to keep myself occupied instead of snacky crunchy things...

I've also been knitting, which keeps my hands occupied. I love to read and just got a book at the library today that I've wanted to read, but too often I've snacked while I read, so that's been a bad habit. Fun, but a bad habit. So, I'm looking for alternatives like rice cakes or low fat popcorn, but am trying for a few days at least not to give in the snacking munchies. It seems a little like if I start -- maybe I won't stop?

Bye for now -
Trish
Old 01-26-2005, 02:04 PM   #10  

Hi All,

Trish- it sounds like your on the right track. Its always nice and relaxing to read a good book and sip on some herbal tea....just need a comfy chair now
I don't seem to have a problem with the eating right, its the exercising part. I just started going back to school, so it takes up quite a bit of my time. I have time in the morning to do something before i have to study, but its been snowing...now raining for weeks here, and i dont have any sort of equipment at home.
Good excuse hey!!
I need to get more motivated to go do other things though.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:15 PM   #11  

Hi Krissy & Trish,
Great job on the exercise! I attempted to do tae bo yesterday. I lasted 20 min and realized that it must be a form of torture in some country So I will continue with my other videos. My goal is to work out at least 3 times a week, so I need to get a move on.
Krissy- herbal magic is a weightloss/ suplement store. They have programs to help you lose weight and maintain your goal weight once your'e there. You're supposed to go 3x a week( I usually just go twice as I live about 15 min out of town.) You have a meal plan to follow(3 veggie servings, 2 fruit, 2 protien, 2 starch, 2 fat and 1 dairy) which I found pretty good, although I usually eat way more fruit & veggies than I'm supposed to. It's also no sugar or added salt. You take herbal supplements 3x a day and drink 8 glasses of h2o, and keep a diary. And it does work, (so far I've lost 21.5 lbs and 38 inches total.) but it is a little pricey. Then again, nothing else was working so I think that learning portion controll, and being accountable to someone has been worth it. That and I love the look my hunny gives me when he says there's less of me to hug!
So now off to exercise before I get my girl from school.

Tina

Old 01-27-2005, 04:58 PM   #12  

Hi all,

Tina- That herbal magic sounds pretty intresting. Its weird ive never heard of it, being in BC as well. Its similar to what im doing now as well. Minus the herbal supplements. Although its hard for me to keep track of the starch or protein. I just try to be aware of everything that goes into my mouth.And also, if theres something i want and i know its bad, i just have a piece so that im not feeling like im suffering in any way...if that makes sense. i use www.fitday.com to track everything, its a great site for food diaries.
Thats awsome weight loss for you!! It seems like it is going so slow for me. Ive only lost 7lbs so far. I know it would happen faster if i exercised more though. So thats somewhat my own fault...lol
Old 01-28-2005, 10:44 AM   #13  

Hi all -
Well, after a day away, I'm back....holding steady but not making any great leaps forward. That's okay. I just want to keep going in the right direction. I didn't get my exercise in yesterday, but will this a.m. PROMISE!!!

I'm also planning to check out the website fitday.com that Krissy suggests. It helps me to track stuff - I do it in a little notebook - but the more high-techy things are kind of fun and can make it more interesting.

Keep up the good work, everyone.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:44 PM   #14  

Hi all...
Yes Trish i think you will like fitday. Its not too confusing. Takes a little bit to figure everything out of course, but its not too hard by any means. I use it to add up all my cals. Some of their nutritional values don't add up to what i think they should be according to my box or something, so they give you the option to change the count...so thats kinda neat.
Anyway not much new with me...I seem to be stuck on 187... ...Its friday so thats a good thing. Although i tend to have the most troble with eating within my rage on the weekends....
Old 01-29-2005, 10:11 PM   #15  

Hi All
Well I was weighed an measured yesterday, lost another 1/4 lb, and a couple inches. Since I really slacked off, I'm just happy it didn't go up! Did I mention yet that I have a real strong relationship with chocolate... it's so bad. So I made a goal for myself. By next Friday I want to lose 5lbs. I know I can do it, since I've done it a couple times already by rembering to exercise so I just have to keep away from yummy looking treats until next Sat. I let myself have treats on one day so I can satisfy that addiction and still be focused all week.

Well the kids are getting restless and my hunnys getting grumpy (no nap today) so I'll be off. Have a great weekend!!!

Tina
Closed Thread