Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 12:24 AM   #1  
Sangria

Default Just Starting Out&Serious Choclate Cravings Here Can anyone relate ?

Hi I am new girl here just starting reading the posts that people have sent to others and thought glad to know that I not the only one. I was in weight watcher its just was not for me right now thought i would try this instead . So here it is ! I have gained back all the weight i lost last year throught sheer laziness and chocolate chip cookies. before I went from 180 to 140 my biggest weight lose ever since high school now after Chrismas I am at my highestweight ever 200something i saw the scale going past 200 and freaked out? I hate work out I have little bit this weekend couple walk and 15 mins on treadmill any advice on keeping on track work out wise would be really helpful and apreciated. Exercising with friends is not possiable right nowthey all in to sking and snowboarding all can imagine is briget jones types accident besided physical passing out most likely but right now i am consentrating on getting thorough the week and execising. They are sell box of Pot of Gold chocolate EVERY cash register it seem that why I started writing here to night and maybe some one could relate ?
Love to have some to talk to sometime !
Thanks
Old 01-10-2005, 07:04 AM   #2  
RAR

HI! and welcome you have come to the right place and with all these great ladis I am sure they will come up with some good ideas regardless how much you exercise it is a start even if you add a couple more minutes each time you do it you will be suprised I wasd advised to start out with baby steps and it does work like you I love sweets so trying to work more in oassing it up so good luck and keep checking in Rita
Old 01-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #3  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Evil Evil chocolate!

Hey there Sangria. It helps me that I post here with a group of women. It really helps with accountability and we all encourage each other. Find a buddy group to join here and get to know them. Ours is "Race to 199" and you're welcome to join us. We're all going to get to One-derland!

PS, about the chocolate, I never say no. If I want it, I'll have a snack size or bite size piece, or a few hershey's kisses. Or keep fat free fudge bars in the freezer, or have sugar free hot chocolate or Silk chocolate soy milk on hand...or just plan in a piece of chocolate in your day, every day. There is nothing wrong with that. That way you'll have less of a craving because you're giving yourself a piece every day and it's not such a "forbidden treat". You can truly eat anything you want in moderation and still lose weight and be healthy.

Girlie
Old 01-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #4  
Princess Nothing

S/C/G: 315/245/180

Height: 5' 6"

AMEN TO THAT!!! I totally agree...i tried the totally abstaining from chocolate and found myself on a binge that gained me over 3 pounds in one week! I keep those lil tiny sized candy bars, not the fun sized, but the ones that are smaller that fit in your mouth? I freeze the Snickers ones and let myself have 3 of them a day. Then there is the Skinny Cow chocolate ice milk bars....those are yummy. The food bank here gives us them all the time *score*. I weigh 225 @ 5'6". I really sux, but I know how you feel about not wanting to go out with your friends cuz u dont want something crazy to happen, but hey, Bridget Jones ended up Happy didnt she? lol...nuthin gonna happen girlie. Try cross country skiing, burns LOTS of calories, its fun, fairly low impact and you can talk to your friends whilst doing it.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #5  
Princess Nothing

S/C/G: 315/245/180

Height: 5' 6"

LOL! I just realized your name was Girlie!! But, I was referring to the girlie, Sangria...and ya'll who are interested of course!
Old 01-10-2005, 12:23 PM   #6  
Sono Una Nuova Creazione

Default My Friend Chocolate

I understand what you are going through. I have a love/hate relationship with chocolate. I love to eat it untill I gain 5lbs from it. I have to take it in moderation. I don't think I could ever really give it up completely. I wish you all luck.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #7  
..5, 6, 7, 8!

Height: 5'9

Great advices ladies! I too am a die hard chocolate eater! Put a whole batch of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in the front of me and they will disappear!

Since taking my first step on my journey to living/eating healthier, I've cut down BIG time! Like Anae has mentioned, skinny cows ice cream sandwiches are my fav's.. if you look around in your local grocery store, I'm sure you'll some low-in-cal or 98% fat free chocolate that will satisfy your cravings..

Good luck and welcome!
Old 01-11-2005, 12:02 AM   #8  
Sangria

Thanks everyone for your ideas mini chocolate bar were pretty good 3 and made them
last through CSI miami, and I will keep thinking baby step when i work out tomoro !
I read everyone post thank for the encoragment it was fun to hear from everyone. And if anyone ever need some to write please I totally be here to listen Thanks again Sangria
Closed Thread