Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 10:48 PM   #1  

Default Someone Different . . .

After I went to a nutritionist, she recommended this site to me despite the fact that I'm a college male teenager. She said it would probably be the best thing for me to do.

My current weight is 182 and I have lost 3 pounds, mostly all water weight. My nutritionist said a good goal for me to set was 155 pounds, and that I did.

I hope this isn't strange (although I'm sure it is) but I need to do something to lose weight. It's not so much not excercising -- but laziness (wow, that was contradicting) and the fact that I am obsessed with sweets.

So, here I go.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:11 PM   #2  

Nice to meet you, I am pretty new here too. It is a good idea that you had to go to a nutritionist, it wouldn't be a bad thing for me to think about that as well. Did she give you an outline of foods to eat and calories to consume and all that? Do you think it has been a good thing for you so far? I'm curious about your experience with it.

There seems to be lots of new people coming in all the time, and it sounds like we all just want to get more active and try to avoid the crap (to sum up)!

Good luck on your way, I wish us all increased willpower and good diet karma

Hope
Old 01-09-2005, 01:08 PM   #3  

It isn't strange to want to take control of your eating habits,get more active and look for support.I wouldn't feel worried about it at all. Do what you have to do to take care of YOU.
If you are interested, I know of a site that has a food database and calorie,fat,carb,protein calculator. PM me and I will give it to you.It has helped me lose 30 pounds so far.
Just remember, there is no 'easy' way that will last long term, it is reeducating yourself to know what to put into your body and exercise. And that takes time.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:35 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Welcome to all three of you!!

Seeing a nutritionist is a wonderful idea. And it's great step towards a healthier lifestyle.

This site is a great place for support no matter what your age or sex is. We are here to help encourage you and support you and for someone to lean on when your'e having difficulties getting through the day.

I'm glad your nutristionist suggested this place, it has helped me so much and I have met so many wonderful people..... and so I hope you get a chance to come here as often as you can so we can all get to know you more.

Good luck!!
Old 01-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #5  

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=RoyalBlue]A nutritionist is a GREAT way to start off. It's pretty much like a weight loss buddy, except you pay -- but they are knowledgeable. I would recommend it to any one out there.

Thank you so much for all the welcomes and I hope to see all of you around here.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome to 3fc's. It's always a great step to take for yourself and your health. Good luck with your weight loss goals

[img] http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3...b17/weight.png [/img]

Started South Beach on Jan 02, 2004
Valentines Mini Goal 165
Old 01-10-2005, 09:58 PM   #7  
Holly

Hello College Boy--
College is a tough place to diet. It's great that you are mature enough to realize now is the time to take action...later doesn't always work out. I went to College in PA too. I hate to tell you but, at your age, exercie is the easiest way...intramurals, or something...an indoor track to run or roller blade? Even just walking instead of driving or getting rides. Laziness is Ok but that means less beer and pizza. Good Luck and avoid my personal enemy...HFC. (HIgh Fructose Corn Syrup).

Last edited by HJD28; 01-10-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Closed Thread