Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 12:33 PM   #16  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Heya, people always THINK I'm goth cuz of how I look but I'm really nothing, if anything I'm into punk (the unseen, casualties, etc) but it's along the same lines...

I'm doing slim fast too and have about 65-75 lbs to lose. I'm walking and will prolly start doin' a sweatin' tape cuz of all the snow. In the spring I'm planning on joining curves with a friend and walking there (4 miles or so), as of now I walk 2 miles a day 3 days a week. pm me if you'dlike to be buddies....

Last edited by lottie63; 01-24-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:57 PM   #17  
Head Princess

I LOVE your hair color, Lottie!
Old 01-24-2005, 01:53 PM   #18  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
why do people pierce themsellf in in unnatural places?
And for those of us with needle phobia, we ask the question...

Why do people pierce themself at all...let alone get a tattoo? LOL
Old 01-24-2005, 01:58 PM   #19  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Anathema - I would never consider you scary or weird - just a kindred spirit .....I belly dance too...

Lottie - I never considered myself goth until I went to London, England....- I totally fit in to every punk, goth, etc. place/ concert I went to and got into The Slimelight for free even though I don't have a membership and wasn't with anyone that had one- Whatever - I was dressing like my normal artsy self

After being there I looked at my DH and said "Well I guess we might as well admit it - we're Goth" and then we both burst out laughing. Labels are just so silly but I guess for some people it is the only way to describe things/lifestyles/etc.

I've been punk, new wave and then "alternative" so I guess they just call it goth now. Still got a soft spot in my heart for NIN, Skinny Puppy and the Sisters (I finally got to see them live!!!! I went to see Manson when he came to my city - they put on a great show and I don't know what the big controversy was - I've seen worse at an Alice Cooper concert

I'm currently listening to Rammstein's latest and the new Assemblage 23 release.

It's great to see some more people here with similar interests to my own.

I hope to see you all posting over at alternachicks

Mauvaisroux
Old 01-24-2005, 02:10 PM   #20  
unabashed

starprincess, thanks so much

mauv: I just don't fit in with the goth mentality. I might look goth, but I only listen to industrial when I'm having sex... *L* definately more into punk...
Old 01-24-2005, 02:33 PM   #21  

Lottie - trying not to burst out laughing at work!

Yeah, I am the same way. It's fun but I just can't deal with some people's mentality or attitude on that scene. Some of the music is pretty good though. Weird how some people can think you are totally goth and others think you are not goth enough

One of my favorite concerts (and now I date myself) was going to the see the Clash circa 1980-something...sigh..memories.....
Old 01-24-2005, 02:40 PM   #22  
Head Princess

OMG Lottie - I almost shot hot tea out my nose! Next time warn me!

My musical tastes range all over the place The Cult, Dead Milkmen, Slayer, Otep, Rammstein, Me First and the Gimme Gimme's - whatever. I went to an all day concert last summer with Lacuna Coil, Puddle of Mud, Staind, Superjoint Ritual, Slayer, Slipknot, etc. One of my weight loss rewards was that I finally got the nerve to crowd surf! Weeeeeeeeee!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:10 PM   #23  
unabashed

haha, sorry guys!!!!

me first and the gimmie gimmies ROCK...I saw them at warped a few years ago...
Old 01-24-2005, 03:15 PM   #24  
Head Princess

Lottie - Since you're a punk girl, have you heard the Rocky Horror Punk Rock show? All the Rocky Horror Picture Show songs performed by different punk bands. I highly recommend it!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:22 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

WoW!! Such a great range of musical tastes...I love them all although when I saw rammstein play at the family values tour a few years ago I was just a tad bit disturbed.
I too LOVE me first and the gimme gimmes I love all their cover songs! I am also a big fan of the get up kids and promise ring and bouncing souls, dropkick murphies, hatebreed, Sick of it all, propaghandi, daft punk....okay I could go on and on and on, my best memories were spent at the warped tour throwing mud and getting a horrible sunburn lol. Its so great to find a bunch of people with the same musical tastes as me. A lot of people don't even know what I'm talking about when I mention some of those bands.

As for the piercing I have a few and Princess is right it's personal and I've had my tongue pierced for 10 years now and my nose for about 6 Belly button for 12 eyebrow for 5 granted I can't wear them all now working a conventional job and all. I also have 4 tattoos I just love that kind of stuff.

Well, I just wanted to come say hi!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:50 AM   #26  

Starprincess...ah....The Dead Milkmen...that brings back memories of seeing them live years ago in a teeny underground club... I also saw The Cult when they opened for Billy Idol! ....I saw Lacuna Coil too this past year in a small club -great show! And my DH and I got to meet the drummer before the show - really nice guy ....
Old 01-25-2005, 12:03 PM   #27  
Head Princess

Mauvaisroux - That's cool! DH still sings Punk Rock Girl for me once in a while at karaoke
Old 01-25-2005, 02:32 PM   #28  

Yeah, my DH sings that to me once in a while too!

He doesn't like punk music - is more of a newwave/darkwave/crunchydarkrock kind of guy. He can't get his head around my devotion to The Clash.....but did buy me the DVD set for Christmas

(humming Lost in the Supermarket... )
Old 01-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #29  
Head Princess

You are so my kind of chickie!
Old 01-25-2005, 06:30 PM   #30  
unabashed

anyone here shop at torrid? www.torrid.com I got a flapper dress from there! and a pair of knock off italian stilettos that alce around the ankle... I buy all my clothes there....
Closed Thread