Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'2"

Default New & looking for a buddy

Hello! My name is Rochelle. I'm 36 and I live in MN with my hunk of a husband and our sweet 5-year-old daughter. My long-term goal is to lose 40 - 45 pounds. My first short-term goal is to make my pants fit better so I don’t have the urge to change into sweats after dinner.

I lost 17 pounds over a year ago by exercising and trying to follow WW on my own. I think it's a great program and I know I could have easily stuck with it. I just went off of it to “reward” myself. LOL! At first I didn’t even enjoy eating all that I wanted and I missed working out, but eventually I fell right back into my old habits and I gained it all back and more! What a great reward! ;o) Anyway, I know that I can lose all of this weight and keep it off if I just stick to it. In WW they talk about making a lifestyle change, and that’s what I’m looking to do.

I keep reading that obesity is becoming an epidemic in America. I want to do my part to change that. Plus, my hubby has a great body. I know that people look at us and think he’s way too good looking for me. Frankly, I know he’s lucky to have me, but I’m just as lucky to have him. And although he’s incredibly supportive and has never mentioned my weight, I know he’d love to see me thin again.

I was on a board like this one the last time I lost the weight and it was really helpful. However, this time I’d love to have a buddy in addition to the boards. It’d be great if I could find someone who is somewhat close in age to me and who has similar goals. We can share strategies and successes and provide each other with motivation and support. Anyone interested?
Old 01-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #2  
Firefly

Hi Rochelle! Welcome to the board. Don't sell yourself short- I'm sure your hunky hubby sees a beautiful woman in you! I am 33 and married to a firefighter who is in very good shape, so I can feel where you are coming from. WW is a great program and it is successful probably because it does encourage you to change your lifestyle. Are you thinking about going back on it? I signed up about 2 years ago but did not stick with it...even though I know many people who have been successful as long as they stay on the program. My goal is to lose about 30-35 pounds and get fit again. My hubby is wonderful and has never mentioned my weight gain over the years, but I would love to see his eyes light up again the way they did when we first got married!
By the way, I am the mother of twin daughters who will be four in March. If you want to buddy up, send me a message.
Happy New Year,
Cindy
Old 01-01-2005, 07:09 PM   #3  
I CAN DO THIS

Hello Rochelle and Welcome. In the last 9 months my hubby has lost all his fat and is now toned and muscled and I feel like a blob sometimes myself. So don't let it bother you. Just concentrate on Loosing your own weight. I'm sure your husband sees how beautiful you are. I tried WW but didn't have the time or the money to stay on it. THo my aunt stayed with it and lost 95lbs and still looks wonderful now. My goal is to loos 38 lbs by June 1st. and keep exercising and get toned and feel fit again. I have a 6 year old and an 18 month old who both have more energy then I do and I want to change that. I am also trying to get my husband to notice me again. Things are awful here right now and tho we are seperated I don't want him going to another women.
If you need to talk.. I have msn messenger: [email protected] and yahoo messenger: Kittymoon98 My email address is the hotmail address. As long as I am not working my computer is always on and I am normally available
Happy New Year
Stephanie
Old 01-01-2005, 07:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for your responses! You're both right, my hubby does still think I'm beautiful, but that's all the more reason to -- as Cindy said -- make his eyes light up again. I have started the WW today. I've been journaling and counting points and I'm off to an awesome start. And, Stephanie, you are right about WW being expensive, but I cheated. I never actually joined. A friend of mine joined and then gave up, so she gave me all her materials. I don't get all the benefits of the meetings and I know that my info is outdated, but at least I didn't have to pay for it! And I know it works. So, if the two of you aren't doing WW this time, what is your plan for losing the weight?

Oh, one more thing, I don't know how I messed this up, but I'm 34 not 36! Gosh, you'd think if I was going to lie about my age, I'd have made myself younger! LOL! Ooops!
Old 01-01-2005, 08:58 PM   #5  
I CAN DO THIS

Well My step mother is on the WW diet and she goes to classes faithfully every other week and her and her friends have been going to over 2 years now. So I do have all the materials and everytime she gets new books I get them shortly after she starts all over again.
Right now I am on a few diets combined into one.
~Low carb Diet. I can have up to 30 carbs a day but if I go over I am not to worried as long as I don't go over 50. I normally stay close to 30 tho.
~ I am drinking Slimfast Low carb Shakes and eating the low carb Meal and snake bars.
~ and I watch my calories and fat intake..
So I am basically doing the low carb, slimfast and WW diet all together but I am not really counting my points. Tho I know I get less then points a day..

LOL.. I thought being only 25 was bad. :P
Closed Thread