Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 08:43 PM   #1  

Cool New member lookin for support buddy

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2]HI ,
My name is Trish and I just joined. I'd love to have a buddy to help keep me on track, or just to talk and gripe with. I'm a divorced 40 yr old with no kids and a sick dog. I have hit the highest weight I've ever been ( 270 ) and I'm sick and tired feeling sick and tired and of aching joints from the moment I get up to the moment I fall asleep. I've tried many times to diet before, with a little success, but I've never had consistent support for the times when I feel myself slipping. I'm going to be using the WW winning points plan because thats the only program that I seemed to be able to stick with the longest. If anyone is using the same program or would like a buddy of there own just post me a reply.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:47 PM   #2  
stbakd

trish welcome aboard. i have the same problem with my knees. they get better when i lose weight and
glen
Old 12-13-2004, 05:41 AM   #3  

Hi Trish,

I was just browsing the sites here looking for a little extra strength for the day and saw your post. You're at an optimal place to start this healthy lifestyle journey. I started in August and like you had never really tried to lose weight before successfully. I started counting calories and exercising as often as possible. My counting calories seems to be very similar to WW points. It seems from what I've read here that many people have had lots of success with WW.

Anyways in the past five months this site has been my lifesaver in a sea of fat! I come here every day for support and help and good ideas. I've been able to really find out why I'm eating and get lots of good tips about what to eat. So far I've lost 34 lbs and have another 26 until I reach my goal weight. The holidays have been challenging, but I've managed to lose rather than gain so that's good.

I write in two support groups on the support group page. One is the ISO group and the other is Daily Check In. You might want to check our threads out. The people there are awesome and so supportive.

One last question - do you belong to a gym or health club? That's a great place to start.

Take care and good luck. I can't tell you how good I feel these days - much, much better - more energy and the ability to wear more interesting clothes and styles. I love it! I'm rooting for you!
Old 12-13-2004, 07:30 AM   #4  
i luv my dog!

Hi SwtDragon,

Welcome to 3FC. Congrats on making the decision to take charge of your health. This is a great place for support, info, recipes and the voice(s) of experience.

I'm also 40, married, one dog. I'm originally from SC but currently live in Europe. I started my weight loss journey in May '04 by counting calories and walking every day. In August I switched to South Beach Diet. I've lost 30 pounds and have a few more to go to get to where I want to be.

I have sort of been coasting the last couple months, not losing, just maintaining, but I'm ready to refocus. Today I cut and prepared lots of bite size veggies so when I'm tempted to nibble I can have all those 'freebies.'

You can do it. There's no time like the present.

Last edited by a broad abroad; 12-13-2004 at 07:33 AM.
Closed Thread