Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 02:43 PM   #1  
I want my two dollars!!!

Default Just joined up.

Hi everyone! I just joined and thought I'd say hello. My name is Julie, but I use either Loki Ho or Loki's Concubine as usernames in most places.

I'm a 27 yr old woman from SC who reached my highest weight of 367lbs in November of 2003. I started to get serious about losing weight in January and have lost just over 40 lbs so far. I've been 'morbidly obese' since around the age of 4, so to be honest I don't know what living 'thin' is like at all. I'm scared of not losing the weight and having no life (that's how I see it) and I'm also scared of losing the weight and living. So in the process of losing over 200 lbs I'm having to do a lot of soul searching and discovering who I am. I also am trying to learn to like myself so that eventually I may love myself. I'm sure there are lots of you who are with me on this one!

I really just would like to meet others who are on the same road I am on or who have already accomplished their goal because this is what really keeps me motivated. I love to chat on aol instant messenger, and I'm hoping I can make some new friends and build up some kind of support network. I do belong to a local TOPS group and love it.

Want to know anything else, just ask. I try to be open! I also have a "Fat Chat" blog (as well as a few others lol) but am not sure if I can post it b/c it says not to advertise sites, even tho I don't sell anything. But here I am. Hope you're having a great day!
Old 12-10-2004, 12:23 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

Hi Julie, and welcome to 3FC! I'm sure you'll get the support you need here.

Have you been to the TOPS forum here?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60

We also have a 300+ group http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124

And maybe the 100lb club would be good for you. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Good luck with your goals. Don't be afraid, you're not alone!
Closed Thread