Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 07:32 PM   #1  

Default New (again!) looking for support

Hi everyone...

I was on here briefly a few years back but failed miserably at my attempt to lose. I am 41 years old and tired of being fat and miserable and want to improve my health for the next chapter of my life.

I started this recent journey on September 13 and since then have lost 26 pounds. I am not on any of the popular diets, I am doing my own thing, which is basically low fat, lots of salads (I am a vegetarian) and avoiding all sugar and as much artificial sweetners as I can. I need to lose 100 pounds. I did it once before, lost 100 pounds in 6 months and then gained it all back and then some.

I have been seriously lacking motivation in the exercise department. I would love to find a buddy who is in the same boat. Any support would be greatly appreciated!

thanks..

Kerry

318/292/190
Old 10-20-2004, 08:34 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I was in that boat. I did my own thing too. I'm still losing 2 years later. Take it slow, don't rush progress. Be sure that you're getting proper nutrition on an all veggie diet. Other than that, it seems to be the exercise part you need to work on the most.

I didn't find 3FC until after I'd found my niche. You need to find yours. What I did was to change my exercise times and routines until I found a time/routine that fit me. Sometimes it's not motivation to exercise that we need so much as it is not have DEmotivators. If you're rushed for work in the morning, a morning workout will not be in your plans, so you will continually sabotage your efforts. If after work, all you do is sit down at the computer for a bit before dinner...try exercising then. That's the time I found worked for me...right after work, still in go mode, before I sit, eat, anything.

I also find I'm not very good at walking because of time constraints. So I've added walking to my lunch hour to get some in. But generally, I run. I can run in much less time and burn more calories. So I think...run 3 miles in 30 minutes or walk it in 45. Hmmm...I go with 30 minutes. LOL

I've learned to mix exercise into daily life as well, so it's not something I sabotage. I don't even consciously think about it now, but when I go anywhere, I look for the parking spot at the very back of the lot and get in the walking to the door. I automatically opt for stairs instead of escalators/elevators. And I do grocery shopping at lunch...a brisk walk to the store then carry a watermelon 5 blocks back to work...uphill. Whew! What a way to lift weights!
Closed Thread