Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 06:36 PM   #1  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Default Another New Member - Me!

Hi all, I'm a new member to the site and not new to diets. I'm a veteran at that. I've been on the latest diet (hopefully the last) since the end of May. so far, I've lost 17 pounds. During the summer, I was very motivated but had trouble sticking with an exercise plan. Then at about two weeks ago, I lost that motivation and exercise was still a problem. By Friday, I was mad at myself and forced myself to be "good". I started exercising and watching my food more carefully. I count calories loosely. Basically small portions of good food is my diet plan.

This past weekend I started searching for motivation on the internet. I looked for email lists, sites and buddies. Today I stumbled here and think I've found a home.

I do have one question, does this site have an email list that has chatting through email? I stumbled onto the site because the link said that 3FC does, but at this point, it's not a big deal. But if there is, I'd like to join.

I also could use email support buddies, so if you want to help me stay motivated and me help you, let me know.
Marie
Old 10-19-2004, 07:12 PM   #2  

Hi--I have tried to chat here, but it never seems to happen. So I set up a ThreeFatChicks private group at Yahoo, we can definitely chat there. It's a private group, which means only people I invite in can join (I don't mean in a snobby way, but just to protect our privacy). No one else from other groups can read our posts.

I just got it off the ground a few days ago. There are some other women from various 3FC threads/forums who are also on it.

If you want to join, you can send me a private message with your e-mail. Otherwise, I'm happy to respond this way. I'm a 39 y.o. mother of 2, I teach 6th grade and I am almost at my goal weight. I made it to goal (on Weight Watchers) by the end of August, but the start of the new school year has made it challenging. What I am trying now: eating more during the work day so I don't get home hungry and exercising much more often than I was.

Good luck and keep in touch.
Closed Thread