Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 01:32 PM   #16  

I'm sorry to hear about your arthritis. I hopeyou can manage the pain. I have read that cutting back on dairy and increasing certain fats/oils (Omega 3s from fish and walnuts, Evening Primrose oil, flax) can be very helpful. I have used acupuncture in the past for certain chronic problems (allergies. etc.) and it helped a lot. Ordinarily I hate needles, shots, etc. but the needles are very thin and it doesn't hurt. After each treatment, I had a lot more energy.

I just ate a very healthy lunch--artichoke tortellini (just a few) with steamed spinach and broccoli. Only problem--I wasn't actually all that hungry, I just ate because my son was eating lunch. Interesting lesson in responding only to my own body cues, and not following the clock.

Are there exercise videos that are marketed for people with arthritis? Maybe you could fit in a 10 minute session if/when your kids nap.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:52 PM   #17  

Default Yahoo group is set up

We now have a Yahoo group site at ThreeFatChicks. You can go to the Yahoo site and follow links thru Support/Weight Loss.

Let me know if you are able to access it. You can sign up for a membership. I kept it a closed group with private access so only people we invite in will be able to post and to read messages.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:12 PM   #18  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Elana,

I can't get into the site. Try inviting me into it somehow. I do have a membership already for other yahoo groups.

~chris
Old 10-17-2004, 04:38 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrily
Elana,
Try inviting me into it somehow.

I sent you an invitation from the Yahoo group. Anyone else who wants to join it, please let me know. Anyone want to try chatting there tonight?
Old 10-17-2004, 06:24 PM   #20  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Elana-
Send me an invite again...I didn't realize my mail was shut down for inactivity. Or you could send it through my regular email.

TTFN
~chris
Old 10-17-2004, 07:00 PM   #21  

Chris~ Hang in there...I understand how difficult this struggle can be. Just think of ways to decrease a sedentary lifestyle. Take your stairs a few more times a day. Pick up things and put them away at once...don't put things aside to put away later...you would be surprised how much more active you can be just around the house

Elana~ Your work out sounds great. i can't wait until my kiddos are able to hit the gym with me...well, they go to the play place/child care area but you know...not the same. When do you weigh in??

Chris~Have you tried a back pack carrier for your 2 y/o?? My Megan loves hers and this is the only way I get walking around done...also, we have a trike with a push handle behind it...Megs will sit in the trike WAY longer than a stroller...check it out at ToysRUs.com, it is a radio Flyer trike, I think called the *Family Trike*

OK, I am up to 13.5 points for the day and down on my water and veggies...I need to get a move on the water! I can't get to the gym today, My son Max, 5 y/o, is running a fever (DOWN to 101 now) and DH had to move a ship...errr...OK, so I do double duty tomorrow. my excersize today has been cleaning my house! I break a sweat when I DEEP clean! DH and I got into an argument this AM and I SWORE I WOULD NOT EAT TO ALLEVIATE MY STRESS!!! I cleaned! Much more constructive.

OK, phew.....I am thinking about microing my dinner as I made lasagne for the family last night and there are left overs for tonight. Good thing they like left over lasagna!

Do either of you have any great recipies to share?? i have a couple I will get out to you...

I will check in after dinner to *keep me honest*
Old 10-17-2004, 07:01 PM   #22  

PS I know I am down I hit the scale this AM and was below 210...yippee...
Old 10-17-2004, 07:09 PM   #23  

Chris, I'll try to invite you again.

Hope it works.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:55 PM   #24  

Hey Elana~

I am (email address deleted) I think, can you invite me too???

Alissa

Last edited by asatch; 10-18-2004 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:01 PM   #25  

Hey Elana~

I can't find our group anywhere...WOW I am such a dork...there are thousands of Yahoo groups...duh!

The link you left won;t access the group.

It sure would be easier to *chat* on a group like that!

Thanks for the work!
Old 10-18-2004, 12:11 PM   #26  

I will send you an invite.

Anyone else from this thread, please send me a message (here or a private message, your choice) and I will send you an invitation from the site. Then you respond to the invitation to become part of the group.

Elana
Old 10-18-2004, 04:18 PM   #27  

Yeah...successful weigh in at 209...I am looking forward to br4eaking he 200 mark soon!

Chris! How are you doing??
Old 10-18-2004, 04:27 PM   #28  

Red face

Hey Elana~

I did not recieve an invite at either email address.

l will be posting here since I need the accountability and can't find the Yahoo group.

Please post here after you send the invite so I know when to look for it.

Thanks
Old 10-18-2004, 04:48 PM   #29  

Red face Can I join?

Hi Alissa, Chris and Elana
I'm in WW too. Can I please join you guys. I need hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp.
I was doing okay for a few weeks and than I went on vacation and I just can't get back into the writing down of my points and I know it works. It just makes me so angry with myself because I know it works and still I'm having a hard time getting back into doing it. I weigh in on Thursdays and I miss half the meeting because I have to drive a ways to get there and I don't get off work till then. But I was just happy to have one even 30 miles away. I want so much for this to work this time. Hope you are up for someone new to joing your group. Also I would love and invite to the yahoo group. But if everyone is having a hard time finding it I may need step by step instructions.
Myreah
SW 194
CW 189
GW 149

Last edited by Anmyreah; 10-18-2004 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:15 PM   #30  

Hey Myreah...

Join on in. I don't know what is going on with the Yahoo group, but I am here! After tomorrow, I think I will move us over to another thread...and check in daily (or more often). I love my meeting on monday, but I started this thread because I need to post and report on my progress at least a couple of times a day to keep me on track and honest!

I also need the step by step instructions

How have you done on points today?? Are you getting your exercize in?

I forgot to tell you guys, I bought a new pair of jeans...SIZE 12! Yippee, I was a little frustrated that my weight has not dropped as much as I thought it would due to all my working out and comments from people about how *good* I look...let me tell you ...I am shrinking! I know the pounds will continue to shed...I am shrinking!

DH is going to give me some MAD money to buy clothes when I get back into my 8s...WOOHOO!
Closed Thread